In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

IL Firearm Results

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,197 ******
I saw 5 bucks and 5 does on Fri morning. There was a wide 6 and a tall basket 8 dogging a doe bad. They would chase her than turn and face off at each other. They ended up chasing her away. 5 minutes later a dang nice shooter came thru. I got him to about 100 yrds with the calls but the fresh scent of her was no match for me.
That evening I saw movement down the hedge row I was sitting in. This buck comes walking up to me. I have no shot. He crosses the fence and makes his way to the field behind me to I assume search for does. I give him a grunt and finally turn him. He crosses the fence again and I shot. I didn't see the brow tines until I got up to him. I just knew that he was wide with good mass. He is a main frame 8 with split brows on the left and trip brows on the right. He also had a fish hook on the base on the right making him a very different 12.
I shot the doe on Sat. morning. That stand is by the river and the dang thing crossed it, ran up the very steep hill head first into a tree. Then she slid down.
My son sat in that stand while I went to get the 4 wheeler and he had a shot at her yearling but missed. A buddy of mine took him out Sun. night so I could get some butchering done. They didn't see anything.

[img][/img]985948-R1-03-12.jpg[img][/img]985948-R1-07-8.jpg
985948-R1-01-14.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Congrats! them brows are cool! Great deer. Glad it worked out for ya

wish my firearm season would have went as well. We didn't even hear much shooting going on around us. Bad year where we were
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    nice buck i got lucky and got one with the pistol also

between 80 and 100 yard shot [:p]
    21cid_000601c94a5e244df6a2002404fea.jpg

SANY0002-1.jpg
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,197 ******
    edited November -1
    Very nice. My shots weren't that far. The sad part is, they were both well with-in bow range. Why it is that during bow season they are in gun range and during gun season they are in bow range I just don't know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Very nice. My shots weren't that far. The sad part is, they were both well with-in bow range. Why it is that during bow season they are in gun range and during gun season they are in bow range I just don't know.

i know what ya mean he was in bow range at 1st, he had trailed the doe in heat right to my stand not more then 15 yards from me but he new something was not right and spun around to hightail it out stoped him with a grunt call
    ohh I Cheated a little I used a scope on my pistol [}:)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway

i know what ya mean he was in bow range at 1st, he had trailed the doe in heat right to my stand not more then 15 yards from me but he new something was not right and spun around to hightail it out stoped him with a grunt call
    ohh I Cheated a little I used a scope on my pistol [}:)][:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    congrats to you both. like the spread on that one tazzer