In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

anyone shoot nap 4000 drop away?

jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
hey, just installed my first drop away. looks like it made immediate improvement on groups. its the nap 4000, bought that because i always shot a nap 3000 and also use thunderheads. only thing is- it looks like the cable occasionally catches a feather, are ther any "tricks" to help keep the cable out of the way? thanks!

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot the 2000, same as 4000 without the micro adjust feature. I can't say I ever had problems with the cable getting in the way do to the fact that the hoyt riser kept that from happening. The problems I had with the rest is that I broke 3 cable slides in about 8 months, NAP replaced them ever time, but it was really anoying.

To answer your question, I would try to shorten up your cable. Or if you can loop it around in a different direction.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just to make sure, the piece that is hitting is not the loop that loops back through the cable guard is it?
  • Options
    jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEY SHOFF,
    nope, not hitting the eccess. someone suggested not using the cable slide and attaching to to downward moving cable instead using loop material not the cable. don't sound like a bad idea except my cables are all coated(winners choice). i'm right in between ideal location- i moved the prongs out further on the shaft-to be able to pull the rest in as much as possible but bottomed out just before center shot. do you think i can wrap it on the outside(right side) of the cable guard? i dont think it hits all the time, probably hardly at all, but don't want it to happen at the most critical time(murphy)