In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

thompson customer support.

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
Just got off the phone with thompson center, I have an old renegade 54 cal flintlock, the flint is only good for about 3 shots, then have to readjust and/or knap the flint. I was told thompson redid the hammer with a little more angle to eliminate this problem on later rifles. I was trying to find out if I could get a lifesize picture of the new hammer to compare to mine to see if mine had been replaced or was original.

he told me with the lifetime warrenty they couldn't send out any schematic, company policy, I told him I didn't need schematics just a full size picture of the hammer to compare to mine, I didn't want to buy one if it had allready been replaced.

Smith and wesson bought out thompson and the customer rep I talked to knew nothing at all about muzzleloaders less even about flintlocks, he said he would talk to someone else and try to get answer. after 10 minutes or so, this after 20+ to get the rep the first time, he said thompson never redid their hammers and it sounded like a frizzen problem. I said fine is this covered under the lifetime warrenty?? no they won't warrenty a rifle older than 1989 and he has no way of telling how old mine is, and anyway they no longer have any locks or frizzens, they have 42 people waiting on them now and have no way of getting any!! I said then there is no warrenty anymore, what happened to the lifetime warrenty???? thanks smith and wesson...[xx(][xx(][V]

Comments

• Options
    festusfestus Member Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had the same luck with Timney Trigger. Was told a trigger had a life time warranty, no questions asked. Sent it to them and they called and said it would take longer than expected. I said no problem. A week later they called and said they would not fix it because it had been out of production for about 20 years. So much for life time warranties for these american made products.