In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CVA Colonial .45 Percussion Pistol Kit 45

MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
Anyone with any experience with these kits? Problems? Fit? Accurate?

Thanks,

Johnny B

Comments

• Options
    Lonewolf77Lonewolf77 Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MMOMEQ-55
    Anyone with any experience with these kits? Problems? Fit? Accurate?

Thanks,

Johnny B

Yes, way back when we were still free when I was in high school I built two of them each cost me then a whopping 19.95 per kit!
    both were fairly easy to create from the stuff provided with the kits , even for a dumb kid like me lol, so far as quality, like all CVA products they are nice and can be adapted to suit the owners individual taste, I redid mine with some brass and recontouring the stock etc. accuracy? well, depends, one of mine was a flinter, other perc. both held fond memories as Id shoot them with my late grandfather and uncle all day long, would come home smelling like id been attacked by a rotten egg factory lol! but loved it. its addicting to say the least, accuracy out to about say 25 yards is dependent on the shooter id say used to get 5 inch groups off hand loading around 30 grains fffg wih a round 44 cast ball and patch dont forget that patch! overall both guns were responsible for alot of good times had.