In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tikka T3 Varmint

JGR2018JGR2018 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
edited April 2007 in Ask the Experts
looking at buying a tikka T3 varmint. What do yoy think of this product, pros and cons? thanks

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the T-3 Varmint is anything like the T-3 lite, you will be impressed. The actions are buttery smoothe, and the trigers will be about 2.75lbs., glass rod crisp out of the box. All of the lite models i have sold to customers have been all very good(sub MOA) shooters to boot!
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No experience with the Varmint rifle, but I have shot and owned two Tikka rifles. Both were very accurate and had very smooth actions. I liked my Tikka M695 .300 mag. so much that I ended up having it duracoated in "woodland camo". Love them.

Jon
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I have a T3 lite in .243. I concur with everything that was said above. The only thing that I will add is that mine is not picky at all as far as ammo goes. It has it's favorites, but it shoots everything that I feed it Sub-MOA. As far as the Varmint goes the only differences are the stock and the barrel.
  • Options
    blacarrowblacarrow Member Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Tikka is an older LSA 65 that I wouldn't part with. It's chambered in 22-250, an inherently accurate caliber, and .250" groups are common with it.

Everything said above certainly true in my experience.
  • Options
    blazer177blazer177 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a tikka whitetail hunter and I wouldn't chang it for any other gun
  • Options
    remingtongeoremingtongeo Member Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    I've got a T-3 Master Semi-Sporter, it's a few years old. I bought it rechambered in 243 International. WOW! What a shooter. If there are any cons, I don't know what they would be. Great trigger, good balance and smooth action.