In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bannerman Shotgun..Nitro or BP ?

ricky99ricky99 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have a Spencer Bannerman mod.1896 and they say here in The Netherlands that all Bannermans have make for Nitro Powder shells!
The Barrel have the old spencer markings with the 1882 pat. date.
I know that Bannerman have used old stock parts for making the later models.
My question is: Are the Bannermans for Nitro or Blackpowder?

Regards,
Tony

Comments

• Options
    mongrel1776mongrel1776 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Flayderman's Guide To Antique American Firearms" confirms what you say about Bannerman's acquiring and assembling Spencer's inventory of parts for the 1882 shotgun, which Bannerman's then marketed as the 1896. For safety's sake I would go on the assumption that these are black powder guns, until you can find reliable confirmation to the contrary.

Hopefully someone else can give you a more definite answer.
  • Options
    ricky99ricky99 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mongrel1776
    "Flayderman's Guide To Antique American Firearms" confirms what you say about Bannerman's acquiring and assembling Spencer's inventory of parts for the 1882 shotgun, which Bannerman's then marketed as the 1896. For safety's sake I would go on the assumption that these are black powder guns, until you can find reliable confirmation to the contrary.

Hopefully someone else can give you a more definite answer.

Thanks, i will not shoot with this gun,only i wil know if they make for BP or nitro. I am sure it,s not make for Nitro bud i will know it hear from some another people.
    Someone have write here in the law that the models 1890 and later one,s are maked for nitro!