In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kel-tec 22 WORTH KEEPING????

KatoKato Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
Hello folks. I have a Kel-tec 22 with the screw off barrel end to add on the barrell extension. I was just wondering if this gun might be worth keeping a few more years due to the point that they are not allowed to sell these anymore.And also does anybody know what this might be worth? any info is greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have honestly never seen one of these, you've peaked my interests. Is there anyway someone could post a picture of one.

Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kato, are you sure that what you have isn't in fact a TEC-22, not a Kel-Tec 22? The Tec-22, Scorpion is from Intratec and takes a 10/22 magazine. Just curious.
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kel-Tec has never made anything chambered in .22. I believe lrarmsx is probably right. I too suspect the reference is to a TEC-22.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kato,

It should say "Intratec" on the side of the receiver. Clip inserts ahead of the trigger - right? They sell for around $250. - $275. although some are listed for sale $100. or so higher. SS is worth a little more. Hi cap clips are quite high.

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    gundummygundummy Member Posts: 254
    edited November -1
    Boy he had me thinking too. Did not think Kel-tec made a 22 either, and description threw it off till you guys made sense of it, as usual. GD
  • Options
    ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i scratched my head til it was almost bleeding, lol. yeah, that's gotta be tec-22. cody
  • Options
    KatoKato Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SORRY EVERYBODY FOR THE MESS UP. it is a intratec 22. i have a kel-tec 32 and i guess i was also thinking about it. sorry again about that KATO
  • Options
    aby80aby80 Member Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought a Tec-22 Scorpion about 4 years ago. Got tired of all the jams. It worked part of the time with high velocity Winchester Ammo with the factory clip but jammed with 2 other 30 round Ruger clips I bought. I sold it at a yard sale without the 30 round clips a year later for what I originally paid for the gun. It was a piece of junk with anything but high velocity ammo. The recoil spring was pretty stiff and could have been the main problem. I told the buyer about my experience but he wanted it anyway.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I heard that there was some trick to seating the magazine to get it to shoot without jamming. I swear I remeber reading about it in a post along time ago.

Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee