In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best place to buy cast pistol bullets???

taperloctaperloc Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
edited August 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have been searching the web for cast lead pistol bullets, sized & lubed, for reloading. I'm looking for bullets for medium loads for informal shooting, not competition.
I have found a company called Mover's Cast Bullets. Their prices and shipping charges seem reasonable.
Has anyone had experience with Mover's, if so, what is your opinion?
Does anyone have a suggestion for other cast bullet suppliers?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Taperloc . The best place to purchase bullets for your type of reloading is at larger gun shows then you don't have to pay shipping . also check places like Midway USA but ask before ordering if they ship USPS flat rate box then shipping is very reasonable .
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Google Bullshop cast bullets.

I am wary of commercial casters. They almost universally use a hard lube and hard alloy, sized to standard diameter- and for some applications that's just what I want. For others though, that's a recipe for a lot of leading.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi taperloc,

I am not sure about any of the other casters, but I get my cast/sized/lubed bullets from Missouri Bullet Company. I have only loaded for my 45-70's with their #1 Buffalo 405gr. I have a Browning BPCR, and a Winchester 1886(1999 vintage) takedown, that love them. With the Vernier sights on the BPCR, I can break gallon milk jugs at 400 yards regularly. They are a high quality bullet. I paid $89.00 for 500 bullets, and believe their pistol bullets are much less costly. They have items on the auction side, and Google or Bing them...Missouri Bullet Company.

Best
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Penn Bullets - slow delivery time but excellent quality. Quite a few different diameters in caliber - I think they'll do .451 to .456 for "45 cal" handgun bullets, for example.
  • Options
    GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lone Tree Bullet Co., 395 Lone Tree Road, Chugwater, WY 82210 307-422-3473
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on Missouri bullets.