In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Triple K Mini-14 mags??

A1BigTunaA1BigTuna Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in Ask the Experts
I have no experience with any Triple K mini-14 mags, looking for 10 rd mags, cause I live in Kalifornia. So, what is the scoop on these?

Comments

• Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Triple K is ok...but Ruger makes 10 rounders...buy them. Think they are $25 to $30 apiece.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never had good luck with the Triple K's I used in ANY capacity size. I did have good luck with the factory 5 rounder and an Eagle 10 rounder.
  • Options
    oneoldsaponeoldsap Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought some Triple-k 20&30 Rd. mags for my mini-14 . Ended up using them for target practice ! [V]
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can buy factory mags right off of Ruger's websight!
  • Options
    Just TimJust Tim Member Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ruger mini 14 's only like factory mags. They are more expensive but they work. Tim
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A1BigTuna
    I have no experience with any Triple K mini-14 mags, looking for 10 rd mags, cause I live in Kalifornia. So, what is the scoop on these?

I had some Triple K hi caps, they were OK but not great - the ones that worked were reliable as heck, ones that did not were just crappy. When Ruger came out with their factory hi caps I bought rebuild kits and dumped the Triple Ks. I would say pay a bit more and get the factory version.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Years ago I had such bad performance from Triple K that I swore never to use them again.
  • Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    I picked up one the other day. The price was right for a gamble. It locks up tight, holds the bolt back after the last round, and fed the few rounds I had time to try without any problems. I can't wait to try running a few full loads through it to see how it does.