In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anaconda questions

BrickrocketBrickrocket Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2006 in Ask the Experts
Have been searching for a couple days now with not much resolve. Finally found this forum and figured I would ask.

I own a Colt Anaconda SS, 6" bar. that I bought new in 1999. I bought it about a week before Colt stopped making it (the first time). Thing is, it's a ported gun and Colt only shows 8" Anaconda's as ported. I have only found one othe Anaconda with the ported 6" bar. Said it was custom ported by Colt. I'd like to know if this adds any real value to the gun as it seems very rare.

Also, I have noticed the serial #'s on all the guns I've seen online are MMxxxxx numbers. My serial # is AN01163. Maybe I haven't searched hard enough but I've been at it a couple hours a day for 2 days with no resolve. I will probably end up contacting Colt but wanted to see if anyone here could shed some light. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Comments

• Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt had a couple runs of Custom Shop Anacondas. They were MagnaPorted (trapezoid slots) and had tuned action.
    They also had some later versions with round ports. Don't know if those got the good actions or not?
    The AN serial number doesn't sound familiar to me.
    Colt can tell you when it was made if you call their Customer Service number. No other info is available over the phone though.
    You might try your question here: www.coltforum.com