In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Where to find 6.5x68mm?

bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
edited April 2016 in Ask the Experts
I bought a beautiful Mannlicher Schoenhauer rifle in 6.5x68mm. I have only been able to find one retailer that sells it. They only custom load for it at $85 to $95 per box of 20. Apparently RWS manufactures ammunition but I can't find any available in the USA. Is there any source for this ammunition in the US?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6.5×68mm

You could load your own for less than $/pop instead of 5.

added Nice rifle!
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bigtire,

As demand drops the prices go up. As demand drops supply drops since it costs too much to maintain stock of unsold ammunition.

I reload for this cartridge because of the hassle getting loaded ammunition. It's a great cartridge to load for especially since ammo is so costly.

In your spare time you might try to contact Prime ammunition to see if they will entertain the idea of either bringing the ammunition into this country or tooling up to make it.

http://www.primeammo.com/

Note the rifle on the opening home page. That's one I made...

Best.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,794 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you tried Graf & Sons? A while back, they were the best place I could find for oddball and/or metric ammo. It won't be cheap anywhere you find it.
  • Options
    jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Superior ammunition loads it. 1-800-677-8737. www.superiorammo.com email is info@superiorammo.com. I have never bought that particular caliber from them but they easy to do business with. I like that caliber.

Another place to try is Jack First Gunshop in Rapid City SD. At one time they carried some odd ball calibers of ammunition but I don't know if they still do.

Reed also loads this, www.shopreedsammo.com.