In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sig 556R

beltfedbeltfed Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in Ask the Experts
Sig 556R Does anyone have any experience with one? How do they work with the metal mags instead of the plastic ones? I have a ton of the metal mags. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    it is an AR why would it not work with metal mags
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The SIG 556 is designed to take standard NATO/STANANG mags. [Edit, whoops, typo, that's "STANAG", which is the standard NATO milspec]

Assuming your mags are milspec AR-16/M16 type mags they should work just fine.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beltfed
    Sig 556R Does anyone have any experience with one? How do they work with the metal mags instead of the plastic ones? I have a ton of the metal mags. Thank you.

A friend has one, I've used it from time to time and have a fair amount of range time with it, and next to him using it. Being in CA we have to make do with what we have for +10 rounders. I've used newer metal, old Colt 20 rounders and anything else laying about. Worked fine with them all.