In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Older Browning light twelve help

beltfedbeltfed Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in Ask the Experts
Hello I bought a older browning light twelve at a yard sale today. Serial number puts it at 1958. How can i tell hows its choked? All kinds of proof marks on underside of barrel a number in a circle 12-70 and some other numbers c52458 and T-097. 28 inch plain barrel beautiful wood and semi round knob.I would be thank full for any help.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The sure way is to pattern it on a 30 inch circle at 40 yards then count the holes inside the circle.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I recall there should be a series of * on the barrel. Would have to look at my owners manual to be sure.
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    The older brownings use an asterisk (*) or a set of them to determine the choke of the barrel. (one) * is Full, (Two) ** is Modified, and (three) *** is improved cylinder. This marking is usually located on the side of the barrel along the same line as the mfg's name.
    More complete answer BROWNING CHOKES AND THEIR CODES (ON REAR LEFT-SIDE OF BARREL)
    '*' designates full choke (F).
    '*-' designates improved modified choke (IM).
    '**' designates modified choke (M).
    '**-' designates improved cylinder choke (IC).
    '**$' designates skeet (SK).
    '***' designates cylinder bore (CYL).