In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remy and Bushy???

shooter10shooter10 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
OK, I know I am probably going to catch hell for asking this but here is a question I have wanted to ask. Why do some of these guys write posts about their "Remy" and their "Bushy"? When I was small, my sister played with the "dolly" and I played with trucks. My sister had a "kitty" and I had a mean dog that would bite any stangers hand off. I think you get the idea. In Texas we would never go to the lease and say. "Yeah Bobby, did you bring you Remy in your new trucky. And by the way how is the wifey, she is such a cutey?" So why do grown men talk with this Remy and Bushy bs?

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am partial to Bushy. Don
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got my Bushy Pilot Wings, does that count?
  • Options
    proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shooter10
    OK, I know I am porbably going to catch hell for asking this but here us is a question I have wanted to ask. Why do some of these guys write posts about their "Remy" and their "Bushy"? When I was small, my sister played with the "dolly" and I played with trucks. My sister had a "kitty" and I had a mean dog that would bite any stangers hand off. I think you get the idea. In Texas we would never go to the lease and say. "Yeah Bobby, did you bring you Remy in your new trucky. And by the way how is the wifey, she is such a cutey?" So why do grown men talk with this Remy and Bushy bs?

from texas too and i call dad, dad or sir, never daddy. some of these on here are different tho...
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had a Polish neighbor long time ago that added an "e" or "y" to most words...."god****it to hell-e, its just too hotte to F***Y
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    People name their cars, boats, planes........I don't see what the problem is.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've known allot of Texans talk that way!
  • Options
    shooter10shooter10 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zink
    I see your a gunsmith. Has anyone ever walked in your shop and said,
    "Can you take a looky see at my Remy? I going to take a little walky while you checky". If he does. don't turn your back on him. That makes me gage. OK, I feel better now.
  • Options
    WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where you dropped on your head as a child? A lot. I mean do you want me to explain the gravitational pull of the Earth to you as well, or the effects of it on the equestrian fruit fly? OK here it is... There are MEN in this world who where ripped by their mothers off the teat of life and learned and adapted to realize that sounding like Cindy Brady would not only get you killed but also likely be a painful death. Then you have those who where super glued to the teat and learned to talk like Cindy Brady because their mothers refused to allow them off the teat of life.. Now comes the point I have to ask..... What kinda Cindy are you???

With three hours sleep sounded good to me. Good Morning.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,187 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    some folks either can't pronounce the full name or can't spell it, and a few are just to old to remember.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I guess I hang out with the right crowd since I've never heard anyone refer to their firearms as "Remy" or "Bushy."
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A real man doesn't care what another man refers to his firearms or truck as.
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    I'm proud of my DPMessy, my Bushy, my Remies, my Mossberger, my Rugies, my Colty, my Smitty-Wessies, my Siggy, my Wally, my Springers, my Marlies, AND I loved my Mommy and Daddy...AND I love my wifey and all the little kiddies.

Wanna make something of it, silly boy?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shooter10
    Zink
    I see your a gunsmith. Has anyone ever walked in your shop and said,
    "Can you take a looky see at my Remy? I going to take a little walky while you checky". If he does. don't turn your back on him. That makes me gage. OK, I feel better now.

Have quite a few refer to them a as Remmy, Mossy, Bushy, etc. They don't say Walky, checky, etc.

I do not say the names that way, but if it trips their trigger that is their business. Makes me no differance.
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    Heavens to Betsy, I almost forgot my Winnies, my Chevy, my Jimmy, my Maytaggy, my Compaqqy, my puppies, my kitty, my housey, blahhy, blahhy, blahhy!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    How bout "shottie, shotty" when referring to a shotgun...

YUCK!!!!

I dont like it but I think it started when you didnt want to let ppl in on what you were talking about...

Everyone knows Remington...but not many know Remy...some have heard of it but there is also a drink Remy...

Same as shotty...everyone knows shotgun, but shotty?...nah...they just think you are 'of a different persuasion'

Just go to a bar, and in a rather loud voice, say you need to get your shotty, remy, bushy, cleaned out-fixed-oiled etc.....LMAO