In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why the Pilot's Gun Went Off

ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
edited April 2008 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    saw that coming when i saw the lock[:(!]

ONLY PROPER TRAINING CAN BE AN AFFECTIVE METHOD
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Over engineered safety.TSA has no common sense!!! I try not to fly with those Bozos in charge
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    That has got to be one of the stupidest ideas I've ever seen. Could see the AD coming a mile away.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am surprised this wasn't posted by defender himself
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yep good engineering
  • Options
    blogdog37blogdog37 Member Posts: 372 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The airlines are resisting the hard fought union work rule that allows pilots to carry firearms, the unions are remise for not insistiing on training.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that is stupid to make them put a lock on the holster--if they have a locked & hardend steel cockpit door and are worried about AD's then just have the pistol in the guys holster with the hammer down on an empty chamber--it wouldn't take but a second to rack the slide.
  • Options
    crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    We had a small lockbox that we used to store out guns in (stored them while napping in the bunk), point is a small lockbox would do the trick, de-holster, stow, pee, un-stow, re-holser, our guns also had a safety though but the principal is the same (why didn't TSA consult the military?) If hell equip the pilot with the lock box, and just offer a place to padlock the box to... brilliant!!!
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Perhaps the AD was a blessing if it brought negative attention to the procedures currently in effect. I would surmise they will be revamped ASAP.
  • Options
    IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    crash2usaf

Crash that would be using COMMON SENSE, something that is very rare in any goberment agency.
  • Options
    crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    Sorry won't happen again...
  • Options
    kiwibird1kiwibird1 Member Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did anyone else read the comment left by this guy?

quote:Anonymous said...
    Mr. Huebl.
    Your disgraceful and insulting remarks about the fine men and women who keep you safe at the TSA should be a federal offense.

Releasing classified information as you have is a serious offense.
    I think you should be taken to Guantanamo Bay detention camp and water-boarded until you confess just who provided you with that TSA Flight Deck Officer's, gun, holster and safety padlock.

You and your gun-slinging pilot pals all need a long vacation in a federal cooler for treason.

The FAA and TSA have been doing a fine job of protecting Americans from the National Rifle Association.

Sincerely,
    The TSA
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kiwibird1
    Did anyone else read the comment left by this guy?

quote:Anonymous said...
    Mr. Huebl.
    Your disgraceful and insulting remarks about the fine men and women who keep you safe at the TSA should be a federal offense.

Releasing classified information as you have is a serious offense.
    I think you should be taken to Guantanamo Bay detention camp and water-boarded until you confess just who provided you with that TSA Flight Deck Officer's, gun, holster and safety padlock.

You and your gun-slinging pilot pals all need a long vacation in a federal cooler for treason.

The FAA and TSA have been doing a fine job of protecting Americans from the National Rifle Association.

Sincerely,
    The TSA

Obvious sarcasm.
  • Options
    kiwibird1kiwibird1 Member Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like someone is ticked off that they got called out.