In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The truth comes out.

wolfdog45wolfdog45 Member Posts: 584
edited December 2007 in General Discussion
hisbigbootygirl got it right.
quote:i also think that this thread was only started to get you people wound up.
everyone fell for it! hook, line, and sinker.
This incident happened infront of me in the check out lane at my local Wal-mart and I thought I would post it on here, but used myself as instead of the lady in front of me.
I am sure you can check my post's and see that I am not one of the thousands that lives pn welfare or any other handouts.
I have a good job, a job that I support my wife and child with, and still be able to get my favorite items for my collection.
Yes I did get rid of the original post because I thought it was getting a little out of hand.
But it also surprised me at how quick a group of people turned on one of their own.
Which is why I am putting the truth on here now. I let it go over the weekend to see what happened. And well I think we all saw.
So now you know the truth.
Good day. And get in on the x-mas giveaway I am having before Saturday.

[:D

Comments

• Options
    garanchgaranch Member Posts: 3,681
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    WalMart has a history of underpaying it's own employees, and keeping company-sponsored health insurance well out of the economic feasability of most of it's employees. To compensate for this, they encourage thier employees to get on public assistance (WIC, Medicaid, ChIP, etc...).
    It's estimated that the richest company in the world costs the American taxpayers $1,500,000,000-plus in social service benefits given to their employees.[:(]
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    WIC gets on my nerves, IF YOU CAN'T FEED EM, DON'T BREED EM

There are a lot of jobs out there for people that are willing to work, let's face if the "20 million Mexicans" can find work, so can the ones sucking on the Govt nipple.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tailgunner1954

There are a lot of jobs out there for people that are willing to work, let's face if the "20 million Mexicans" can find work, so can the ones sucking on the Govt nipple.
    +1 I wish I could get government handouts too, but I do not. My taxes are used for them though.[}:)]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    7 million children in the USA on AFDC..[:(][:(]
  • Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tailgunner1954

Amen.

wolfdog45,
    Sorry the free gift from tax payers isn't good enough. You should return it for what it cost you.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So WIC is another form of welfare? Am I correct? If so, I do not agree with it. All welfare programs should be cancelled.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My, my, aren't we judgemental....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess I am. But, I have never met anyone that could justify getting anything given to them for free. (I do realize there are the very few cases out there where a person is totally disabled) but very few. Alot of "disabled" people could find some form of job if they really wanted to. Anyway, most people that I have asked about welfare seem to think that the government "OWES" them. I just do not agree with that. So I guess I am judgemental.
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by garanch
    So WIC is another form of welfare? Am I correct? If so, I do not agree with it. All welfare programs should be cancelled.

As much as I dislike welfare, we would be foolish to cancel it. No civilized society should be without a safety net for its poor. Starvation leads to disease, disease leads to epidemic and pandemic. Even the non-poor (middle and upper class) cannot escape disease once it gets to these levels. Disease, for the most part (there are exceptions) does not recognize economic or social class.

Now, I am not saying that the current welfare system we have is good. Far from it. It is horrendous, full of fraud, and is extremely wasteful. The entire system needs to be revamped, and not in the way that the politicos will tell you when running for office. It needs to be scrapped, people need to register for welfare, and we need case workers that will actually follow up and monitor those on welfare.

You want to suck from the government's teat, then you give up a right to privacy. We The People have the right to know what you are doing to better yourself and what actions you are taking, if possible, to remove yourself from the government teat.

Excluding severe medical disability, there is no excuse as to why someone can't work.

Those on welfare who aren't working and are more interested in watching Oprah and Dr. Phil can walk the sidewalks and roadways picking up trash and do other public service deeds to offset their debt to society.

Those who are permanently disabled would be excused.

In order to collect welfare, if you are able-bodied, you must show proof that you are actively looking for work. The current system for unemployment is flawed. I know too many people who are abusing the system, who look for jobs they are not qualified to have, just to have someone sign off that they looked for work that week. This is inexcusable. Your welfare case worker should test you to find out what you are capable of doing, and your case worker should then present you with a list of real leads where you can find a real job. If you don't like the job selection, then you find your own means to find a real job. If you don't actively seek a real job that you are qualified to get, you lose your welfare.

In this manner, you are doing what is best for society and best for the individual.

I am not sure what to do with kids under the age of 16 (at 16 there's no excuse why they can't get a job). Again, you can't let these kids starve, because it is bad for society as a whole.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    I just don't follow how a company THAT IS SELLING ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING (and Paying taxes on the land, taxes on their employees, taxes on their fuel use, taxes on their phones, taxes on their environmental impact, taxes on what they import, taxes on anything they have on the shelves at fiscal year's end) can possibly be COSTING taxpayers ANYTHING!!!

Sorry, but anybody that buys that claptrap probably believes in Global Warming, too!!

Where do you think the employees of Walmart spend their paychecks? Where do you think Walmart does its Banking? Where do the profits from their business get spent?

TAKE OFF YOUR TINFOIL HAT, AND QUIT LISTENING TO THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SHEEPLE!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Agreed there are millions of people stuck in the cycle of generational poverty, who figure why work when someone will give me money for having an excuse not to.
    However, there are also many people who legitimately need these programs (unemployed or underemployed, temporarilly disabled, dead-beat dads, etc.), and have paid into the system for years, but due to circumstances find themselves in a situation where it is either access the system on a limited basis, or go without groceries or health insurance for their children.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    I just don't follow how a company THAT IS SELLING ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING (and Paying taxes on the land, taxes on their employees, taxes on their fuel use, taxes on their phones, taxes on their environmental impact, taxes on what they import, taxes on anything they have on the shelves at fiscal year's end) can possibly be COSTING taxpayers ANYTHING!!!

Sorry, but anybody that buys that claptrap probably believes in Global Warming, too!!

Where do you think the employees of Walmart spend their paychecks? Where do you think Walmart does its Banking? Where do the profits from their business get spent?

TAKE OFF YOUR TINFOIL HAT, AND QUIT LISTENING TO THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA, SHEEPLE!!!
    You need to lay off the mind-altering substances. You ain't making a lick of sense.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells

As much as I dislike welfare, we would be foolish to cancel it. No civilized society should be without a safety net for its poor. Starvation leads to disease, disease leads to epidemic and pandemic. Even the non-poor (middle and upper class) cannot escape disease once it gets to these levels. Disease, for the most part (there are exceptions) does not recognize economic or social class.

Now, I am not saying that the current welfare system we have is good. Far from it. It is horrendous, full of fraud, and is extremely wasteful. The entire system needs to be revamped, and not in the way that the politicos will tell you when running for office. It needs to be scrapped, people need to register for welfare, and we need case workers that will actually follow up and monitor those on welfare.

You want to suck from the government's teat, then you give up a right to privacy. We The People have the right to know what you are doing to better yourself and what actions you are taking, if possible, to remove yourself from the government teat.

Excluding severe medical disability, there is no excuse as to why someone can't work.

Those on welfare who aren't working and are more interested in watching Oprah and Dr. Phil can walk the sidewalks and roadways picking up trash and do other public service deeds to offset their debt to society.

In order to collect welfare, if you are able-bodied, you must show proof that you are actively looking for work. The current system for unemployment is flawed. I know too many people who are abusing the system, who look for jobs they are not qualified to have, just to have someone sign off that they looked for work that week. This is inexcusable. Your welfare case worker should test you to find out what you are capable of doing, and your case worker should then present you with a list of real leads where you can find a real job. If you don't like the job selection, then you find your own means to find a real job. If you don't actively seek a real job that you are qualified to get, you lose your welfare.

In this manner, you are doing what is best for society and best for the individual.

I am not sure what to do with kids under the age of 16 (at 16 there's no excuse why they can't get a job). Again, you can't let these kids starve, because it is bad for society as a whole.

Charity starts in the home. Charity is the job of the church and private groups, not the government. A man's job is to feed his family even if he has to work three jobs and sleep during his lunch breaks.

Our government needs to tend to the jobs outlined specifically as powers granted in the constitution. I can't find a single alphabet program listed in the powers granted to the feds. That means these programs belong to the separate states to determine or fund.

Before the Feds became GOD for the citizen nobody starved in America, people took care of each other and the Church did a lot more to help those in need.

I don't know or understand the whole story behind why wolfdog 45 has his kids on WIC. I can assure you in my neck of the woods laziness is a HUGE part of the equation for the we the taxpayer feeding kids we did not breed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How could a company that pumps all that money into the nation's economy be COSTING the taxpayers anything?

If that company is putting in all that money, isn't it a net gain for the system?

If it is employing so many, how is it Costing us?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    My, my, aren't we judgemental....

When I am paying the bill for the service I damn well have the right to be judgemental!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If every company the Bleeding heart Libs wanted to have us all hate opened their books and gave all their profits away to every aid program that the Libs wanted to fund, they would each and every one of them, go out of business. There would be no profit for the company, therfore no employees, therefore no input into the Gov't Coffers, and no goods or services available for sale at any price.

Wal-Mart Employs Americans, Feeds Americans, Profits Americans - why hate them?? Why Legislate them out of existence?

If Wal-Mart has the lowest prices, then why saddle them with a higher burden? Wouldn't that take away any competitive advantage they have, and raise their prices???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost1958

Charity starts in the home. Charity is the job of the church and private groups, not the government. A man's job is to feed his family even if he has to work three jobs and sleep during his lunch breaks.

Our government needs to tend to the jobs outlined specifically as powers granted in the constitution. I can't find a single alphabet program listed in the powers granted to the feds. That means these programs belong to the separate states to determine or fund.

Before the Feds became GOD for the citizen nobody starved in America, people took care of each other and the Church did a lot more to help those in need.

I don't know or understand the whole story behind why wolfdog 45 has his kids on WIC. I can assure you in my neck of the woods laziness is a HUGE part of the equation for the we the taxpayer feeding kids we did not breed.
    Bpost,

I agree with you that charity starts at home. And, I also agree with you that if someone wants to feed their family, they should work three jobs and sleep on breaks to accomplish what needs to be done. And, I agree with you that churches and private groups do a tremendous job fulfilling a need.

And, despite the fact that it is NOT in the Constitution, it is dangerous as a society to not provide a safety net for the poor.

It is dangerous because disease can run rampant and reach epidemic/pandemic proportions, causing EVERYONE (including you) to be at risk. It can severely damage the nation's productivity, economy, and security.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How could a company that pumps all that money into the nation's economy be COSTING the taxpayers anything?

If that company is putting in all that money, isn't it a net gain for the system?

If it is employing so many, how is it Costing us?
    Without knowing how much Walmart pumps into the economy versus how much of a drain it is on the economy, your statement is baseless.

You might be right, but you have to provide numbers to prove it. Not just guesses.
  • Options
    hisbigbootygirlhisbigbootygirl Member Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed there are millions of people stuck in the cycle of generational poverty, who figure why work when someone will give me money for having an excuse not to.
    However, there are also many people who legitimately need these programs (unemployed or underemployed, temporarilly disabled, dead-beat dads, etc.), and have paid into the system for years, but due to circumstances find themselves in a situation where it is either access the system on a limited basis, or go without groceries or health insurance for their children.

true. i also think that this thread was only started to get you people wound up. everyone fell for it! hook, line, and sinker.
  • Options
    tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    the flow of money through an economy is like water through a fountain.

Some gets taken out, some gets put in. The trick is to get your water and not have to put any back in.

Retailers gamble that the more money in circulation, the more they can get out while putting the least amount back in the system.

Welfare dollars spend just like non welfare dollars
  • Options
    hisbigbootygirlhisbigbootygirl Member Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "WIC provides Federal grants to States for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk."

~~get ur facts straight guys. WIC is a good thing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And just what is that nice round number 1,500,000,000, but a guess?? Oh, I get it - guesses from the Lefties are assumed to be true, is that it??? No accounting required, huh?

Nice strategy, Spaniels - just poke any hole you think you can, and the opposition's argument is rendered not just wrong, but foolish??

Sure hope my grammar, syntax and spelling was correct, and that my word useage meets the standard that each and every word I used was used in the manner that Wikipedia agrees is the first listed meaning.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And just what is that nice round number 1,500,000,000, but a guess?? Oh, I get it - guesses from the Lefties are assumed to be true, is that it??? No accounting required, huh?

Nice strategy, Spaniels - just poke any hole you think you can, and the opposition's argument is rendered not just wrong, but foolish??

Sure hope my grammar, syntax and spelling was correct, and that my word useage meets the standard that each and every word I used was used in the manner that Wikipedia agrees is the first listed meaning.

On what basis do you even begin to assume that I take statements from lefties at face value?

You're acting like a fool. BTW, don't send me any more of your nastygrams.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll be happy to post it here, if you'd like - it was civil and polite.
  • Options
    peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WIC stands for Women, Infants, and Children

WIC provides Federal grants to States for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll be happy to post it here, if you'd like - it was civil and polite.
    Nice dodge.

Again, on what basis do you make the statement that I take anything from the liberals at face value?
  • Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    WalMart has a history of underpaying it's own employees, and keeping company-sponsored health insurance well out of the economic feasability of most of it's employees. To compensate for this, they encourage thier employees to get on public assistance (WIC, Medicaid, ChIP, etc...).
    It's estimated that the richest company in the world costs the American taxpayers $1,500,000,000-plus in social service benefits given to their employees.[:(]

WHAT A LOAD OF BS
    If they weren't working at Wal-Mart they would be working at a similiar paying job or none at all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Spaniel Sells - not much, just that I know I am not liberal, and you seem to be arguing against me!
  • Options
    edited November -1

Bpost,

I agree with you that charity starts at home. And, I also agree with you that if someone wants to feed their family, they should work three jobs and sleep on breaks to accomplish what needs to be done. And, I agree with you that churches and private groups do a tremendous job fulfilling a need.

And, despite the fact that it is NOT in the Constitution, it is dangerous as a society to not provide a safety net for the poor.

It is dangerous because disease can run rampant and reach epidemic/pandemic proportions, causing EVERYONE (including you) to be at risk. It can severely damage the nation's productivity, economy, and security.

I wholeheartedly agree; except we have substituted "Government" for society. Society is WE THE PEOPLE. NOT them the feds.

When the government does a safety net it is an abject failure that costs way too much. It is also unaccountable to anyone. to wit; Katrina, our border, food safety. We have CRAP in our ground beef. The government had/has inspectors to keep us safe. They failed and many have died. Now we have labels telling us to cook the S&!T out of the food. Way to go government! Katrina, want to by a trailer? The government bought THOUSANDS and people still died. Our borders; we have beat that horse to Pate'.

Danger is part of life; expecting our unconstitutional out of control government to do a darn bit of good is a very bad bet. Care to discuss Social Security and what the feds did to it? [:D][8D]
  • Options
    Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    believe it or not, there are people (Americans) that need help from time to time, the system isnt perfect but it sure helps.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Warpig883

WHAT A LOAD OF BS
    If they weren't working at Wal-Mart they would be working at a similiar paying job or none at all.
    To be fair, in some cases they don't have a choice.

Before ANYONE accuses me of being a Wal-mart hater, I'm not. I shop there all the time. Wal-mart is also the second largest customer for my company. I'd probably not have a job if not but for Wal-mart... and with the meeting we had on Wednesday with our buyer, Wal-mart may very well become our largest customer. So, I **love** Wal-mart.

Saying that, Wal-mart has a history of shutting down Mom and Pop businesses in smaller, rural areas. They sell the same stuff that the other stores do, but due to the fact that Wal-mart buys in volume and can afford to sell certain items at a loss (loss-leaders), the small Mom and Pop stores simply can't compete and are shut down. There's nothing evil in the mix, it is just capitalism running as designed.

Many of those that work at Wal-mart in Small Town America do so because they lost their jobs elsewhere and they simply don't have a choice in the matter. It is similar in nature to GM shutting down a production plant or a coal mine closing. When the good jobs evaporate, you can either move or you can stick around and work where you can get a job.

My sister, as much as I love her, is a completely irresponsible person. If it wasn't for Wal-mart, she'd probably not have a job. She has a college degree as well as a medical assistant certificate, but she doesn't deal with stress well and can't hold down a job. She works as a cashier at Wal-mart and apparently the stress level is good for her, she's kept this job for a year (a record for her).
  • Options
    lindalecowboylindalecowboy Member Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, reading these posts does not give me a warm fuzzy for demonstrations of compassion and love for your fellow man....... Look, I'll never be found in agreement with most government "WELFARE" programs because they are so abused and misused. To me, it's like our immigration problem, too easy to fix to NOT take care of business. However, WIC is one program that is very short term, is very helpful to those who need it most. I had to swallow my pride and acknowledge my family needed it one time. My son and his new wife found themselves with no jobs (not their fault) and desperate for basic food for their newborn child. They were WIC recipients for a short time until they got another job and got back on their feet.

Our biggest waste of money are too many giveaway programs that don't have termination dates or end of period dates, etc that are truly enforced. Too many folks have been on welfare too long, gotten too used to FREE (which is not FREE to anyone but the recipient) and lost their sense of direction and responsibility. Like anything else, if you want people to meet a deadline, give them one that leaves them no alternative. Provide the "necessary" assistance SHORT TERM to help those in peril to get a fresh start and then cut it off. Limit the number of family members eligible in any one household and those who choose to stay home and make babies will have to choose which ones eat or go back to work.

We all need more love and compassion for those in need but our senses are being destroyed by those in GREED and we're getting way too quick to judge EVERYONE who needs a little help with those who suck the system dry by their own personal laziness. Don't lose your heartfelt ability to reach down and help someone up.

thanks for listening.( er reading that is).
  • Options
    edited November -1

Bpost,

I wholeheartedly agree; except we have substituted "Government" for society. Society is WE THE PEOPLE. NOT them the feds.

When the government does a safety net it is an abject failure that costs way too much. It is also unaccountable to anyone. to wit; Katrina, our border, food safety. We have CRAP in our ground beef. The government had/has inspectors to keep us safe. They failed and many have died. Now we have labels telling us to cook the S&!T out of the food. Way to go government! Katrina, want to by a trailer? The government bought THOUSANDS and people still died. Our borders; we have beat that horse to Pate'.

Danger is part of life; expecting our unconstitutional out of control government to do a darn bit of good is a very bad bet. Care to discuss Social Security and what the feds did to it? [:D][8D]
    As I stated, the system is very, very broken. It needs to be completely overhauled to where it is a real safety net. This means that millions are NOT on welfare, not simply delivering welfare to millions in a different manner.

WIC is one of those few good programs. Social Security... don't even get me started on that fiasco. And, no, I don't think you'll get a debate on the borders (at least not from me).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Spaniel Sells - not much, just that I know I am not liberal, and you seem to be arguing against me!
    Well there's intelligence in action... You and I don't agree, so I must be a liberal.[:(!]
  • Options
    Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    spanielsells
    That is something I can agree with.

A store shutting down other stores is just the competition of capitalism and IS good in the long run.

Those small places that get shut down usually pay minimum wage and worse benefits than Wal-Mart anyway. Just look at the thousands of application they get for a hundred jobs when a new Wal-Mart opens.

The truth is that Wal-Mart provides opportunity in the form of jobs, opportunity for competitors and retail in general to become more efficient, and opportunity for a higher standard of living for all.

To say otherwise is to refute the increase in standard of living the US has seen since the industrial revolution and to disregard capitalism as a success.
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...As much as I like the phrase "If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em", how many here have planned every pregnancy? Sometimes, you get an [ii]oops.[/] My older son is 30, has always held decent jobs, and now has an infant son. My daughter in law was injured in a head-on wreck at interstate speeds and finds it hard to work. Besides, that would mean putting my grandson in daycare.
    ...She gets basic infant supplies, like milk, formula and baby food through WIC. They've been pouring water into the well their whole lives. Who here would deny them a drink from that well?
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Work Harder. There are thousands of people depending on you.