In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

National ID..... Registration

dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I heard a blip on the radio about some congressman suggesting a national ID card. JUST WHAT WE NEED!!!! When can I line up to be photographed and fingerprinted.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We already have an illegal ID card- Its called a social security card.
  • Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The tragedy that our county has endured will undoubtedly have a number of negative consequences for us, the citizens of the U.S. I was listening to a radio show yesterday about all the new security procedures being implemented in our airports. Seems like now an individual can't even bring a nail file or can of shaving cream with them on their carry-on luggage because they MIGHT be used as weapons. The radio show was asking what other things people think could be considered weapons, and therefore banned from being brought on a flight. As far as I'm concerned, this is a violation of our liberties as citizens. I mean, after all, my father U.S.M.C. (and I'm sure many veterans) has killed people with ANY weapon available INCLUDING his bare hands during war. So, what's next, tie us down to the seats during flight? Maybe cut off our hands? Look, if somebody is hell bent on hijacking a plane I'm not sure that ANYTHING is going to stop him. Somebody wrote in a previous post that even a credit card could slash someone's throat!I really think we need to take a minute and think about what we, as a country, are doing. Registering everyone or implementing ridiculous security procedures will only cause more problems for the law-abiding citizens of this country. If somebody really wanted to, couldn't they tape a ceramic knife (which wouldn't be detected by the airport metal detectors) to their leg? Or, couldn't someone just open the damn emergency exit door? There are just too many possibilities and I really don't think there is any way to prevent ALL terrorist activity (by way of increased security/decreased liberties).We are Americans, supposedly free. We need to focus less on restricting the rights and priviledges of our citizens and more on being tough on those who choose to violate the rules. Kind of like the gun control crap, stop making new laws and start using tough enforcement of some of the existing ones (not that I agree with those either, necessarily).If this kind of behavior continues pretty soon we'll all have circuit chips embedded in our skull so that we can all be kept track of.....! Seems like some unbelievable futuristic science-fiction movie.
  • Options
    RedlegRedleg Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All, if I can't bring a nail file or bottle shaving cream on board, that's not too bad! I'm just worried when they consider my HANDS deadly weapons!National ID cards? Can anybody say GESTAPO? "Papers, please. You're papers are not in order, come with me."
  • Options
    Mom MomMom Mom Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    National registration and disarmament has long been the agenda of the powers that be. Now they have a weapon available to help sway the unwashed masses of sheoples. How convienant, hmmmmmmmmmm. Espcially when the governemnt has admitted that it had prior knowledge of a possible terrorist attack that they failed to act upon due to the large number of such rumours and threats that are received.
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mom mom -PLEASE tell me that I misunderstood your last post. Sounds like you believe over 6000 were allowed to perish in order to have national registration. Your tin foil hat on a little too tight tonight?
  • Options
    opentopopentop Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First of all, let me say that I am not a member of the ACLU or anything like that, but I do believe that this is America, not the Soviet Union. What will come next, check points at each state border? Having to get permission to travel across country? Not in my America. They'll probably make us pay a fee for them too. As for me, if they institute such a travesty, I will not get one, I will not carry one and if they send me one anyway, I will organize a group of like minded people and stage a public burning of them. If we start diminishing our civil liberties, then the terrorists have won. Destroying the American way of life is exactly what they want and we should not tolerate the destruction of our way of life from without or from within.Thoughts?
  • Options
    opentopopentop Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dano - how about this? Let's tatoo a 666 on everyones forehead so we know who's allowed and who's not.
  • Options
    Mom MomMom Mom Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .280- the computer chip in my butt must be acting up again. Actually, I just like to make people think and see what comes out. But National Reigistration and disarmament has been the goal of certain factions or quite some time. I'd like to beleive even they would not stoop so low however.
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now, of course, as to the question of whether or not they will try to take advantage of the situation .......... .Gee, ya think? Unfortunately, probably a no-brainer.Glad ya took the tinfoil hat comment in the light-hearted manner I meant it.