In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Plaxico Burress gun case adjourned

Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
The Plaxico Burress case has been adjourned until June 15 as the prosecutor needs more time to "further investigate" the incident. It may be settled sooner if a plea agreement is reached.

Burress was arrested in 2008 when he accidentally shot himself with an unregistered handgun at a night club in Manhattan. New York State law mandates a 3-year jail sentence upon conviction.

Now, I HATE New York's Nazi-like gun laws but this further proves that it doesn't matter what you do; it matters who you are. Any other poor shmuck who did the same thing would already be rotting in jail. Maybe the judge is waiting for a pair of Giants season's tickets on the 50-yard line before he considers a plea.

What "further investigation" could possibly be necessary? Did he have a handgun? Yes. Did he fire it in NY City? Yes. Was it registered? No. Does he have a NY State or NY City CCW? No. Yet, the prosecutor needs almost 3 more months to complete his "investigation"!

I have an idea, New York: Give him a fine and some community service time for firing a gun within city limits, let him go play football and repeal your stupid gun laws so every citizen can legally protect themselves. If you want to "further investigate" something, why don't you start with the Second Amendment of the US Constitution?

Comments

• Options
    jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    umm...what's an "unregistered firearm"???
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman

Move to New York and you'll find out.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    ...Maybe the judge is waiting for a pair of Giants season's tickets on the 50-yard

Why?
  • Options
    HonestBluesHonestBlues Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a Giants fan and have been for a long time.But the Giants need to cut their ties with this guy and move on.Surely they can find a good reciever that has a better grasp of the world he chooses to live in.New York gun laws are crap I agree but if you you live there either live within their stupid laws or move.
  • Options
    KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman

Move to New York and you'll find out.

no thanks...I'd rather put a couple GBUs through their city hall [:D]

bloody commies!

the sad thing is it takes some bigshot NFL *-lete getting arrested for this travesty to make the news [:(!]