In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Burris Scopes

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited May 2002 in General Discussion
I finally have the dough for a new scope for my newly built tack drivin long distance custom built 7 mag. I want a Burris, not a Leupold or any other brand, it must be Burris. I have been looking at the Burris site for some time now and I can't make up my mind which one to get. I want one for long distance shooting that will hold up to hunting conditions and heavy recoil. I need to be able to see a flea on a deers back at 500 yds and do so in adverse conditions. I also want Mildot, no Duplex. What models should I be looking at, Signature or Fullfield ? There are too many to choose from and each has it's own benifits, I need to hear from somebody with knowledge and experiance with these scopes.

BTW, after all the money invested in this gun, if I can't hit a soda can shot for shot at 500 yds, I will run the thing over with a Peterbuilt! The gun will do it, I just need a scope that will compliment the work of art this thing is.

Comments

• Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have five of them.Black Diamonds,Signatures,And fullfield II.ALL are good.If you wont top end go with Blackdiamond 6x24 30mm tube.I think you will be more than satisfied with a Signature 1" tube.

You may need a little more than that truck to hurt a blackdiamond.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Varmit Hunter is right, Blackdiamond is very nice....
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    7mmNut, If you see the flea on the deer's back, can you hit it!!!??? Just a little good natured ribbing. The BlackDiamonds will serve you well. GHD
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Get that Blck Diamond and you won't regret it. My only regret is not knowing about Burris alot sooner. Try bearbasin.com, they are awesome.

~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~

Edited by - will270win on 05/31/2002 00:30:22
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD, with the "set" trigger I had put in it and a good rest I may just do that!

Black Diamonds, I didnt even look at those, I think i will just have to have me a looksee at them.

Will, thanks for the web site, I'm gonna check that out. BTW, still got that .223?
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you don't want to save for the Black Diamond, get a signature series. I have one of the 4-16x44 with the electro dots and it is crystal clear also. They are truly a great scope company, I think I only paid $485 out of natchez and got a greater power range and just as good optics as the leupold variX III, WITHOUT THE ILLUMINATION. But the black diamond would be my first choice.

A great rifle with a junk scope,....is junk.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,971 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just C got it just right 7mm. The Black Diamond is pretty spendy, and the Signature will serve you well. A lot of folks here like the electro-dot scopes. I have not tried on, but may for my next scope. Seems like a gimmick, but several have indicated it is really useful, particularly in adverse conditions/low light. Be sure to check out Bear Basin. Best prices I have found, and the service has been outstanding.