In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1st softball tournament in years....

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
Well....the 1st softball tournament in my return to action, is going pretty good. We made it to the 3rd day. We have our work cut out for us though. We lost our 1st game and now are trying to claw our way back through the "Loser's Bracket."

They have me playing centerfield, so I am right at home there and holding my own I guess. The only issue is that my arm isn't holding up, but that is nothing new. After firing a few into 3rd today(threw 2 guys out), my upper arm/bicep area started aching and shaking. It is something I have dealt with since high school baseball. I am not really sure what it is...?

Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know I am having a blast being back in the game. It is a wooden bat tournament too, so that has made it all the more interesting.

Jon

Comments

• Options
    tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your playing with your brother as well, right ? That has to be fun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tneff1969
    Your playing with your brother as well, right ? That has to be fun.

Yep. He is playing leftfield, so we have had some good conversations in between pitches. [:D]

We actually have a cousin of ours' playing as well, so it has been a lot of fun.

Jon
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I gave it up a year and a half ago. The travel was a bear. Out of state twice a month.

Enjoy. I get calls every couple weeks to play. Haven't given in yet.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, I have not played any softball in close to twenty five years. I would probably kill myself if I tried today.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cubslover G16
    I gave it up a year and a half ago. The travel was a bear. Out of state twice a month.

Enjoy. I get calls every couple weeks to play. Haven't given in yet.

I thought I remembered you being into it pretty big.

I have never done anything too far from home. Since I got my current job, I haven't been able to play in any weekly leagues. I kind of just gave it up for that reason. Now my brother wants me to play a few tournaments with him every year. After playing a few games so far, I am pretty sure I am going to take him up on his offer.

Jon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by austin20
    Man, I have not played any softball in close to twenty five years. I would probably kill myself if I tried today.

[:D]

Jon
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have fun today ..depending on the number of teams in event you could play 4-5 games today.. We love the wooden bat tournys also.. keeps run scoring down..
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    rhythm_guyrhythm_guy Member Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by austin20

Same here. 25 yrs ago I played on the company team & had a blast. Changed jobs, moved to a place that didn't have men's league, and the rest (including my ball-playing career) is history.

Both daughters recently played in a fund-raiser parent's tournament for kids league, and they are fired up about getting back on the field. I hope they do. I always loved to play baseball, softball, whatever was available.