In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

quick auction question

bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
I couldn't find it in the info section so thought I would ask.

After I purchase an item and use the "Mark as Payment sent" or "FFL Sent", etc is it only for my information, or can the seller see that status as well? If they can, do people use it? I sometimes worry I send too many emails; want to let them know every step...
Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.

Comments

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The seller can see it when you mark your side
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both parties can see it.
  • Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not everyone does it or uses it.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldWinchesterfan

I've asked Shelby several times to mark things as the payments and FFLs come in....but she just doesn't. You would think it would be an easy little thing, but she has done things the same way for so long its almost like it would be easier to force her to write with the wrong hand!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As most sellers don't use it or post feedback I've pretty much quit fooling with either.

I've got three items with no feedback right now. All 3 of them I paid by CC within minutes, sent e-mails or/and made calls, the one that needed an FFL had it e-mailed within an hour. No feed back at all. I do look at sellers feedback and it does make a difference on if I bid.
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    I always use the FFL/payment/shipped icons, and I also inform buyers when payment is received and item is shipped via email. Not a hard thing to do and it keeps the buyer informed. As far as feedback goes, I always leave feedback for buyers. Most leave it in return, but not always. I would say maybe half take the time to do it.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,345 ******
    edited November -1
    It's hard to overcommunicate these types of things.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Irish 8802Irish 8802 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really like it when a SELLER says "I will leave feedback for you after you leave feedback for me""" Not a chance in he-- sport.I would NEVER buy an item from you..When I spend my money I expect a "Thank you",in return I will say "Enjoyed doing business with you.Thank goodness there is more than one seller offering this.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try not paying her. That'll get her attention. She IS the employee, correct? And you are the boss? If so, then act like it. [8D]

Merc

quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    quote:Originally posted by oldWinchesterfan

I've asked Shelby several times to mark things as the payments and FFLs come in....but she just doesn't. You would think it would be an easy little thing, but she has done things the same way for so long its almost like it would be easier to force her to write with the wrong hand!
  • Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always use it. Most of the sellers I have dealt with don't. It's a handy tool. I wish more would.
  • Options
    1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the icons and send messages when appropriate.
    I also post feedback even though a great many sellers (I am a buyer, not seller) don't even bother with you once they've shipped an item. It just seems polite. Not everyone is polite.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you guys for the answer and opinions (never thought I would say that on this forum [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D])

I always leave feedback here on GB. If they don't automatically leave it, I will send an email saying "I have left feedback and would appreciate the same". Depending on how everything else was handled, if they don't, they may not get another sale in the future. If everything was perfect, quickly shipped, packaged well, good communication, etc. then they'll get my business again. If it was good enough, but not stellar and they don't leave feedback, then I write them off.

That said, I do occasionally buy on fleabay and regular stuff off that Amazon river place and I have never left feedback at the latter of those two.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.