In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What to say about 9/11

NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
The Obama administration is putting out "talking points"...telling organizations what to say about the 9/11 attacks during their commemorations next month.

They are likening it to the attacks on Mumbai, etc.

I think that's wrong...TELLING people what to say...

Whatever happened to original thought? Now we have governmental control of speech? [V][xx(]

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/30/marking-11-obama-aides-defend-talking-points/

Comments

• Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

~ Hedley Lamarr
    [;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    mongrel1776mongrel1776 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NEA sent out guidelines, shortly after the attacks, intended for teachers inclined to discuss them in their classrooms. Along with common-sense points that I agree with (i.e. keeping the tone of the discussion on a level that kids participating can somewhat comprehend), the NEA also advised that teachers should not make any references to terrorism or religion, and encouraged them to consider the point of view of the attackers and how the United States might have provoked the attacks by its policies toward those people.

I was working as a janitor in our local middle school -- I saw and read the guidelines.

Individuals and organizations of all sorts have been spinning the attacks to suit their own agendas from the day they happened. While in most cases it's infuriating, it's hardly unusual or even unexpected.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mongrel1776
    The NEA sent out guidelines, shortly after the attacks, intended for teachers inclined to discuss them in their classrooms. Along with common-sense points that I agree with (i.e. keeping the tone of the discussion on a level that kids participating can somewhat comprehend), the NEA also advised that teachers should not make any references to terrorism or religion, and encouraged them to consider the point of view of the attackers and how the United States might have provoked the attacks by its policies toward those people.

I was working as a janitor in our local middle school -- I saw and read the guidelines.

Individuals and organizations of all sorts have been spinning the attacks to suit their own agendas from the day they happened. While in most cases it's infuriating, it's hardly unusual or even unexpected.

The NEA is one of the larget collections of morens ever!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    What's a NEA????????????
  • Options
    mongrel1776mongrel1776 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    National Educators' (or Education) Association. Teachers' union.
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mongrel1776

Reading that just shot my blood pressure through the roof!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chuck
    What's a NEA????????????
    one of the larget collections of morens ever. whatever a moren is.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    NiccoHelNiccoHel Member Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gesshots
    "My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

~ Hedley Lamarr
    [;)][:D]

"Ditto!"

~Taggart