In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Austin Texas and poltical correctness gone wild!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
I remember when Blacks/Hispanics/Yankees said they where going to get the majority vote one day! Looks like it is becoming reality!

Christopher Columbus is next on the Federal level soon?

serf
On Austin?s official list of racist symbols it might remove: The city?s name?

https://tinyurl.com/yazzwnyd

Austin's Equity Office recommended the renaming of seven streets and removal of three historical markers honoring Confederate history, calling it a high priority for the city to decide.

The office published a second list, without recommendations for action, but in need of review of items grimly yoked to the Confederacy, including slavery, racism and segregation.

Austin's name fell on that list.

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was going to suggest a campaign to change the place names of liberal heroes.

But there aren't any.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put a statewide initiative on the ballot. If Austin changes it's name or removes state historical markers should the capital of Texas be moved to another city.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I vote to expel Austin from Texas and remove the name from them. Name it East San Francisco and put a fence around it.

I love some of the music and much of the food up there, but their liberal slant on everything is irritating.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    There are just too many people. Examine this statement closely, no matter what your position on a subject is, the incredible number of variables means someone will be butthurt.

It would take likely half a lifetime to train people to have similar experiences, values, and procedures to be followed for a given situation. Currently, humans do not possess the capability to be rapidly programmed as magnetic data storage units cannot be incorporated into bioelectrical creatures in the manner of Borgs or Robocop.

AI would be a more congenial population than Human Beings, but would require the elimination of all, or most all, Human beings. This is of no real advantage if the goal is to maintain a human stock population.

The only realistic and accomplishable course to achieve passable harmony within the human race is to eliminate the oddballs and examples that do not subscribe to the majority of likes, dislikes, mores, creeds, and physical characteristics.

This post started out as an exercise in inane social theory, yet the more I wrote, the principles appear to me to be sound if a bit extreme and not politically correct or suitable for a gentle world. [}:)] I call it The Mores of the Fourth Reich. [:p]

Enjoy my pretzel logic. [:0]
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    I was going to suggest a campaign to change the place names of liberal heroes.

But there aren't any.

Think you're right, oh, there's Jane Fonda.[}:)]