In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wonder why College Footbal Stars screw up

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
They get everything handed to them so they feel they can do no wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zoLzoDPxkk

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where is earl, he has the answer
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

It's the same problem the potus has ..... thinks he is god.

[:0]
    A whole lot of truth right there.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,048 ******
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I can't speak for other schools but at Bama they are up at 4:30am every morning. Team breakfast, do home work or study for test. Morning workout, hit the classes. lunch and back to class. after that its off to practice and then followed up with tutoring (if needed), more classes or more workouts. home work, dinner and most are in bed by 8pm.

I saw a copy of the average players daily schedule online last year, and I was surprised at how busy they keep them to try and avoid getting in trouble. And it doesn't always work. Look at the three punks posting pictures of them with wads of cash (it was the same roll of money but 3 dummies could not resist posting pics of them with the moola! I hope they get x off the team.
  • Options
    wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    Well, when you're dealing with Nike money and an unlimited budget.......[:0]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

It's the same problem the potus has ..... thinks he is god.

[:0]

Well in their little world of a college campus they are Gods. They're teenagers that feel like they have the world by the cojones and sometimes they lose perspective. Part of it is their fault, and part of it is that they are set up to get themselves in a bad position.

I'm surprised more of them don't get in trouble, college football programs have really knuckled down on their players since the advent of cell phone video and ESPN to report every stubbed toe.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wartiger

Yeah I remember something like that. They bought a QB and a national title??
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am remembering my first couple of years of college. Never got into any kind trouble. Was in bed every night by 11 PM. Never once chased a wild coed. Never once drank a beer (believe it or not, that one is true). If you believe any of this, you be flat, plumb, dumb!!

Almost all of us did some Hell raising at that age, but before all the social media stuff, no one knew it.

The fact they now have God like status don't help any.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oregon has the latest and the greatest facilities and uniform combinations that I have ever seen. Incredible to say the least.
    What's next?
  • Options
    McDAccountantMcDAccountant Member Posts: 466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    Well I can't speak for other schools but at Bama they are up at 4:30am every morning. Team breakfast, do home work or study for test. Morning workout, hit the classes. lunch and back to class. after that its off to practice and then followed up with tutoring (if needed), more classes or more workouts. home work, dinner and most are in bed by 8pm.

HAHAHAHA!!! You really believe that???

Silly Bammer...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah right. I do know. As I have 2 suppliers who are former bama players and a guy we are doing sub work for, his son is back up qb for bama.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have heard about the Alabama football player's schedule before too.....and a news story about a Decatur guy quitting the pros. It was a sad story. He was really talented and made it to the top, being drafted by some major team....but he didn't have the skills to deal with normal life. He played for Alabama...and the schedule he had to keep kept him from getting into trouble.

I just think it is sad. They need to have some kind of counseling or mentor type help for these guys. Fame and riches might be nice, but it looks more like a curse to me.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1

[/limegreen]Yeah I remember something like that. They bought a QB and a national title??[/limegreen]

Oh, funny man!! We didn't have the backing of one of the world's most profitable companies and yet we still bought, ummmm, errrrr, won a title! What's Oregon's excuse...........oh wait, that's right, they suck when they play outside of the PAC-whatever!!!! LOL[:D]
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1

[/limegreen]Yeah I remember something like that. They bought a QB and a national title??[/limegreen]

Oh, funny man!! We didn't have the backing of one of the world's most profitable companies and yet we still bought, ummmm, errrrr, won a title! What's Oregon's excuse...........oh wait, that's right, they suck when they play outside of the PAC-whatever!!!! LOL[:D]

wartiger, I can't find the thread right now, I kept bumping it to the top for you for a while, some department in your area fired a cop for not meeting his ticket quota. Do you know anything about it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, I haven't heard anything about this. It's illegal to have a ticket quota, so if that dept went on record as that being the reason for his termination, then they just wrote a big check to that officer for wrongful termination. If you can find the thread/link, let me know. I'll google it to see if I can read up on it.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Drove by the place yesterday. It must have been a design Nightmare. It was done with Form over function.