In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    This is about as low as I can imagine...

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/sean-crudup-raychas-thomas-united-airline-employee-and-girlfriend-arrested-for-stealing-luggage-at-sfo-crash-site-52427/

I am sure they had done this before. $5K from returning cloths and a trip to Hawaii, just trying to keep up with the obamas. TNB
    RLTW

• Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not quite from the dead. I think the article said the luggage was transfer luggage from connecting passengers, not the dead or injured from the crashed plane.
  • Options
    0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My grandmother told me a story once that when her relative passed they found the undertaker had under taken all his gold teeth!
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    Not quite from the dead. I think the article said the luggage was transfer luggage from connecting passengers, not the dead or injured from the crashed plane.
    My God, you're right.... when it comes to STEALING people's baggage from an airlines, context matters. [:o)]

Good call..... exactly how long have you worked* (loose interpretation) for the TSA?

NS
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Night Stalker
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    My God, you're right.... when it comes to STEALING people's baggage from an airlines, context matters. [:o)]

Good call..... exactly how long have you worked* (loose interpretation) for the TSA?

NS

[8D]
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 0oAKo47o0
    My grandmother told me a story once that when her relative passed they found the undertaker had under taken all his gold teeth!

Not surprising, after all what is the dead person going to do with them? That was probably their rationale. I imagine back in your grandmother's time that was a regular occurrence, especially with expensive gold dental fixtures.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The govt does it......................................estate tax.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard once from a funeral home that if you want, they will extract all valuable metals and return them to you before the burial, just like they do with jewelry. As was mentioned, the corpse doesn't need them. Why waste it by burying it in the ground with a decaying corpse? [:)]
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by 0oAKo47o0

Not surprising, after all what is the dead person going to do with them? That was probably their rationale. I imagine back in your grandmother's time that was a regular occurrence, especially with expensive gold dental fixtures.

The steaks are so tender in Heaven you don't need no teeth.