In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Abortion DR shot and killed

2»

Comments

• Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    It sure doesn't sound as if murder should be a crime by some of these posters.

Don't think of it as murder.

Tiller just happened to get aborted in the 400th trimester. [}:)]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Ok, as one of the few pro-choice posters here...

Dr. Tiller was wrong. I can support abortion in the early stages of pregnancy, but late term, nope, no way. Not as an elective procedure. If a fetus is viable outside the womb (and as medicine advances, that is getting to be less gestational time) abortion should be limited to the 1st trimester only.

OTOH, 2 wrongs don't make a right. You guys may hate abortion, and think Tiller got his due.

But what he was doing was legal, as much as you may disagree with it.

Killings like this will only further hurt gunowners.

And the MSM will go out of its way to do so.
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    quote:Abortion DR shot and killed

He wasn't murdered...it was just a late abortion.

All perfectly legal...

...provided his mother did it.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO condoning the killing of this DR. by the nut case is just about as SICK. Look maybe it is wrong to kill unborn babies in any mester, but killing the Dr. is just plain stupid, wrong and insane period. He performed a legal service to a willing client. So if I shoot a convenience store clerk selling cigs to minors it is OK too right? Using the same defense, I use justifiable force to prevent the killing of the minor by cancer right? Dang I can't believe I share the earth with some of you scum bags.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • 204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    I don't personally believe in abortion, but I also don't think the government should make laws regarding it in any way. I think the woman or her family should make that choice and live with their personal consequenses here and in the afterlife. That said, I feel it is really stupid to murder someone to prevent them from performing abortions. It doesn't make sense to me

I agree.........But in the cases of rape I have no problem with abortion.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootertutor
    I just want all of you to know this:

I am pro-CHOICE.

I believe that we should make that choice BEFORE we unzip our pants.

After conception, it is not the "woman's body" that she then "has control of", but a human life that is either murdered or nurtured.

This, of course, is just my opinion.

quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman
    this has dangerous implications...

Are we to assume that after conception the woman has no function, no reason to live outside of bringing the child to term???

Should she be locked up for, let's say, going skydiving very early in the term (perhaps when she does not even know she is pregnant)? What about if she rides on a motorcycle or in a sports car with her husband/boyfriend?
    Should the man decide what is "too dangerous" for her to do?
    should THE STATE???

Dangerous implications or not, it's a simple statement of fact. It has always been that way.

How would you go about extrapolating that "after conception the woman has no function, no reason to live outside of bringing the child to term" from what he said?

You ask if the state should decide. Let me clue you in. The state does decide.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • lee_danlee_dan Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great to see he will not be able to enjoy
    The money He got at $5,000.00 a KILL

Lee
  • BT3BT3 Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    IMHO condoning the killing of this DR. by the nut case is just about as SICK. Look maybe it is wrong to kill unborn babies in any mester, but killing the Dr. is just plain stupid, wrong and insane period. He performed a legal service to a willing client. So if I shoot a convenience store clerk selling cigs to minors it is OK too right? Using the same defense, I use justifiable force to prevent the killing of the minor by cancer right? Dang I can't believe I share the earth with some of you scum bags.
    Yep, legal to willing client with who's money ? If I'm paying for it I should have a say. If I'm the father I should have a say. All scumbags are not here, some are doctors ! IMHO
  • dongilldongill Member Posts: 2,640
    edited November -1
    Tiller played wih a King Cobra..........got bit..........not gonna mourn!
  • JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shameful. So-called christian kills a guy in church. And shameful that so many of you think "good riddance to bad garbage". I know that there are many men and women who are thankful for the services of this doctor.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,000 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    Everything set aside, the bottom line boils down to the woman. Right or wrong, moral or not, life or not, it's her decision and her body.

I have to agree. Don
    edited November -1
    Where does it say in the constitution
    That she has the right to do what ever she wants
    with her body --- it's not there ---
    Seven white men GOT IT WRONG and we have
    46 million KILLINGS TO SHOW FOR IT ---
    http://www.biblehelp.org/abortioncnt.htm

Lee
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    While I don't endorse the murder of this non-doctor, I won't miss him any more than I would miss any other mass murderer.

Same here.

• Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    Everything set aside, the bottom line boils down to the woman. Right or wrong, moral or not, life or not, it's her decision and her body.

I have to agree. Don

I don't agree! "Her decision and her body"? Seems to me that the baby's body is a part of this equation as well. Do you think that when Tiller stabbed the baby in the back of the skull that his little legs weren't kicking? Sometimes when they turn the baby around they tare a leg or arm off, you know that right? Do you think the baby bleeds when it happens? You know sometimes they scream don't you? How in the hell is that not the baby's body when it is the one being torn apart and stabbed to death? Think about this would ya?
    edited November -1
    RIGHT ON sav--

The seven white boys who voted for
    this madness have a new roomie
    IN HELL TODAY ----

Lee
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jgreen
    Shameful. So-called christian kills a guy in church. And shameful that so many of you think "good riddance to bad garbage". I know that there are many men and women who are thankful for the services of this doctor.

I agree totally .
    Through his "work" ,quite a few men can breath a sigh of relief that their lives will not have to change .
    They will not have to assume the financial "burden" of their child .
    Just go on being an irresponsible little sc#*& .
    Come to think of it ,the woman probably is thankful for the same things .
    They will truly miss his services .
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im not gonna lose any sleep tonight thinking about it.
  • BT3BT3 Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Then why pray tell do they put prisoners on suicide watch ? It's his body, isn't it ? What about the father, you know he might care. I believe if you/me (the tax payer) is paying for it, you ought to have a right to complain how those dollars are spent. Do you really believe that most of the women that have abortions pay for that service ? How many women use it for birth control ? How many women are talked into it by planned parenthood ? Why is fetal homicide a crime ? Must be a reason. Man, I sure feel better now !
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    fetus.jpg

It is not a cluster of cells we speak of ...

[V]
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jgreen
    Shameful. So-called christian kills a guy in church.

Proof? Source? Or just talking without knowing?

You're not sitting on P3skyking's lap by chance are you?
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    No
    It is NOT her body that dies.

This is a FACT.

Not just my opinion.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,057 ******
    edited November -1
    Predictably, some of us have resorted to insults and name-calling. It isn't terrible, but does violate the Posting Guidelines, so I will lock this topic.

Abortion is one that I reckon we should leave alone.