In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

5 Birmingham cops fired

AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Hopefully they all end up in the same cell as the guy they beat up.
And hopefully every cop that saw the video and did not report it will get fired also.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/05/five_birmingham_police_officer.html

Comments

• The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And hopefully by the same token, the same POS that flipped pays the ultimate price for risking others life while in the commission of a crime.
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laundry-pro
    And hopefully by the same token, the same POS that flipped pays the ultimate price for risking others life while in the commission of a crime.

That's fine too. But his actions do not justify a bunch of storm trooper cops beating him while he was already unconscious.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    Assault with a deadly weapon against the driver and the 5 cops who beat him. Supervisors need to have conspiracy charges brought for trying to cover this up. Makes you wonder how often they had covered this up in the past.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by P228

That's fine too. But his actions do not justify a bunch of storm trooper cops beating him for a matter of seconds while he was already unconscious.I fixed it for you by stating the whole truth.

The first officer that made it to him might've been justified in using physical force because the guy's hands were underneath him and at that point there was no way of knowing he was unconcious, but I agree that they ended up screwing the pooch.

The problem was that they acted like pissed off human beings who'd just witnessed this A-hole run down their friend instead of the robots we want them to be.
  • ontherocksontherocks Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the guy probably deserved an * whoopin, but damn sure not from "serve and protect", for Christs sake!

1 thing I find very humorous, the guy that accidentally aimed his camera at the scene, notice the other cars headings and notice him running back to his car. I bet all his buddies are pissed off at him, lmao.

these cops are pigs and deserve to be fired and have battery charges brought against them, that is an indisputable fact. Not discounting initial suspect.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They should have shot that peice of crap as far as I am concerned.
    Idiots like him and anyone who protects that crap isn't worth having in society.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs

That's fine too. But his actions do not justify a bunch of storm trooper cops beating him for a matter of seconds while he was already unconscious.I fixed it for you by stating the whole truth.

The first officer that made it to him might've been justified in using physical force because the guy's hands were underneath him and at that point there was no way of knowing he was unconcious, but I agree that they ended up screwing the pooch.

The problem was that they acted like pissed off human beings who'd just witnessed this A-hole run down their friend instead of the robots we want them to be.

Guess you feel it is ok to defend the 2nd amendment, but the rest of them are just trash...Right?
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1

It is being reported that the cop in the car turned off his camera. Wonder what they did after that? Wonder how many other times they beat people up and got away with it? If cops can't control their tempers, they need to get another job.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But if the common citizen had his wife or daughter violated and took matters in their own hands who do you think would be there to arrest them for not letting them take care of it, after all they are the law (and jury when it suits them).

Practice Head Shots!

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you watch closely you will see one of them stomp on the back of his head. They should be happy they arent getting manslaughter charges.. If that boot had been an inch further back he'd of broke the hit&runners neck.

As far as I'm concerned If a cop dont know how to do his/her job all the time, even when he/she is angry, he/ she needs to get a new career with post office and leave the badge.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    that was crazy, the guy flipped out of the car and looked dead when he hit the ground, unconscious. This cops really unloaded on him and I get the chase adrenelin thing. I even get that he risked dozens of peoples lives and even that he nearly ran down a brother officer and if anyone ever deserved his * kicked it was this POS. here is the rule, if your going to pound a fleeing subject, drive past the wreck or whatever so that your dash cam does not tape evidence. If there is a helicopter overhead be nice to him untill you get under an overpass then drag him out and kick the hell out of him. simply stated, don't get caught administering street justice, You guys work too hard to lose your jobs over doing what all of us would like to do because the ACLU weiners have no idea what its like to risk your life for the public safety.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    As far as I'm concerned If a cop dont know how to do his/her job all the time, even when he/she is angry, he/ she needs to get a new career with post office and leave the badge.If you'll zip your pants back up you might notice all these cops have already been fired and an outside agency has been called in to investigate criminal charges against everyone involved.

Did you also notice this video didn't simply disappear. These officer's own agency handed it over to the DA.
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote:these cops are pigs and deserve to be fired and have battery charges brought against them, that is an indisputable fact. Not discounting initial suspect.

BS
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    that was crazy, the guy flipped out of the car and looked dead when he hit the ground, unconscious. This cops really unloaded on him and I get the chase adrenelin thing. I even get that he risked dozens of peoples lives and even that he nearly ran down a brother officer and if anyone ever deserved his * kicked it was this POS. here is the rule, if your going to pound a fleeing subject, drive past the wreck or whatever so that your dash cam does not tape evidence. If there is a helicopter overhead be nice to him untill you get under an overpass then drag him out and kick the hell out of him. simply stated, don't get caught administering street justice, You guys work too hard to lose your jobs over doing what all of us would like to do because the ACLU weiners have no idea what its like to risk your life for the public safety.

You are as bad as the cops in the video.
    Justice belongs in the courtroom.
    When the Revolution begins you too should get a headshot!

edited November -1
    Birmingham police beating video:

Five officers appeal firings to Jefferson County Personnel Board
    Posted by Erin Stock -- Birmingham News May 20, 2009 4:20 PM
    Birmingham police beating video

Five Birmingham police officers fired Tuesday on charges they used excessive force on a man after a pursuit have appealed the decision to the Jefferson County Personnel Board, authorities said.

A hearing officer will investigate the claims and make a recommendation to the Personnel Board's three-member governing body. The officers involved each have between 7 and 15 years of experience on the police force.

Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper and Mayor Larry Langford announced today the firing of the five officers based their roles in the videotaped beating of a man following a police chase on Jan. 23, 2009. Disciplinary action also will be taken against supervisors who failed for months to report the incident to higher-ups, officials said.

The beating incident happened when a Birmingham police officer tried to question 38-year-old Anthony Warren about possible drug activity. Warren fled starting a chase, captured by a police video camera, which showed Warren struck a Hoover police officer and then was thrown from his own car after he crashed. Authorities said he was unconscious when officers began beating him with a billy club, fists and feet.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    When the Revolution begins you too should get a headshot!There's logic for you. [:D]

You do realize you're suggesting highly unconstitutional behavior don't you?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    As far as I'm concerned If a cop dont know how to do his/her job all the time, even when he/she is angry, he/ she needs to get a new career with post office and leave the badge.If you'll zip your pants back up you might notice all these cops have already been fired and an outside agency has been called in to investigate criminal charges against everyone involved.

Did you also notice this video didn't simply disappear. These officer's own agency handed it over to the DA.

I wasnt just talking about these 5 cops, The above statement was a generalized one.

That vid. had been floating around since 2008.
    edited November -1
    When the Revolution begins you too should get a headshot!There's logic for you. [:D]

You do realize you're suggesting highly unconstitutional behavior don't you?

The Constitution will be temporarily suspended, to be reinstated later after what needs to be done is done.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So If this guy endangering everyone and anyone and trying to kill a cop with his van had a firearm and tried to kill a cop would it be any different?
    I can't believe the cops just didnt shoot that piece of crap and be done with it. Hes lucky he didnt get a bullet in the head instead of just a boot.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    So If this guy endangering everyone and anyone and trying to kill a cop with his van had a firearm and tried to kill a cop would it be any different?
    I can't believe the cops just didnt shoot that piece of crap and be done with it. Hes lucky he didnt get a bullet in the head instead of just a boot.

Yeah it would be different. the guy in the van didnt have a gun, and when they caught up with him he was laying unconscience on the ground. not resisting.

If he had a gun, they would be completely justified to use lethal force. If he was standing or resisting they would be justified to beat the crap out of him or shoot him.

the guy was laying on the ground knock out cold after being thrown out of a van.

Bad PR for all police, Most likely a very expensive law suit paid for by the tax payers.
    edited November -1
    Listen fellas we expect cops to remain professional at all times.

The bottom line is the way these cops reacted puts them on the same level as the suspect they were chasing. CASE CLOSED!
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are rules you agree to abide by when you take the oath to protect and serve. If you later change your mind, you should change your employment to one that you might better be suited for, WWF or cow killer in a slaughterhouse comes to mind.
    edited November -1
    The Constitution will be temporarily suspended, to be reinstated later after what needs to be done is done.Didn't someone just say something about justice belonging in the courtroom.?

You're aspiring to be just another jack booted thug.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Cowards.

Beating an unconscious person, no matter what he has done is criminal.

I really am tired of bad cops. The majority of police that I come in contact with are criminals with a badge.

I know some guys who are police that are great fellas, public servants in every sense of the word. They are becoming the exception rather than the rule. Most of them these days are childhood bullies with the IQ of a kumquat...

Too bad. Bad cops deserve severe criminal penalties. Bad cops are equal to child rapists in my opinion, and should be dealt with as such...[:(!]
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They shouldn't have beaten an unconscious perp.
    On the other hand, they should have pulled alongside the pos while he was running, and hosed him down with full auto fire, as they should do will all police chases.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Cowards.

Beating an unconscious person, no matter what he has done is criminal.

I really am tired of bad cops. The majority of police that I come in contact with are criminals with a badge.

I know some guys who are police that are great fellas, public servants in every sense of the word. They are becoming the exception rather than the rule. Most of them these days are childhood bullies with the IQ of a kumquat...

Too bad. Bad cops deserve severe criminal penalties. Bad cops are equal to child rapists in my opinion, and should be dealt with as such...[:(!]

bravo to you sir.
  • PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I generally respect cops for the job they do and it is a tough one. I wave to and chat with our officers. But they need to keep their wits about them.
    If you feel the need to punch something remove yourself from the situation and go back to the station/barracks and punch the bag until you've vented.

As for these five - I hope they lose their appeal and the suspect/victim takes them to civil court individually and gets suitable compensation from each.

lately there have been many a moment where I wanted to follow the motorist infront of me that never stopped at the stop sign or run the red light or never stopped at the stop signs and stop strips in our parking lot and give them a lecture but couldn't or can't.

I just shake my head, yell at them in my ride and go somewhere and cool down.

I also patiently wait for the day when I get hit by one of those motorists that run the red lights/stop signs or those that speed through our lot like it was their private race track so I can sue them in court and learn the rest of the town a lesson.
  • MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Justified in opinion, why did he run?? Respect the law. They should have turned the camera off.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MFinn
    Justified in my opinion, why did he run?? Respect the law. They should have turned the camera off.
    edited November -1
    Justified in opinion, why did he run?? Respect the law. They should have turned the camera off.

Defending the 2nd amendment is ok...but the rest of them are trash eh?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

EH
  • legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    Shouldve run him over and claimed couldnt stop car in time. This P.O.S. got what he needed. Couldve killed people
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by legear
    Shouldve run him over and claimed couldnt stop car in time. This P.O.S. got what he needed. Couldve killed people

He tried.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • SuwanneePirateSuwanneePirate Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be hard for me to keep from kicking the crap outta a thug that just tried to kill one of my buddies ,they know that the guy will most likely get off with probation from some liberal judge.Thank God I'm not a cop put in that position. I don't condone it by any means but I can see why it happened.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PTHEIM
    As for these five - I hope they lose their appeal and the suspect/victim takes them to civil court individually and gets suitable compensation from each.Then let that cop he hit and all those motorists he endangered take him to civil court and get suitable compensation. This guy completely disregarded each and every occupant on the road that day - and in such situations they could be the loved ones of any of us here.

Those five blew it big time, but SCREW him. He deserves to gain nothing but lots of jail time.
    edited November -1

Those five blew it big time, but SCREW him. He deserves to gain nothing but lots of jail time.

I agree with that...

In Texas, evading police in a motor vehicle is a felony. I hate people who endanger my wife and kids. So I hope he sees the inside of State Prison for a while.

Doesn't excuse the cops of committing felony assault. The cops are rightly held to a higher standard, they of all people should know better.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166

Sure is good to know the type of person they are hiring for Brown Shirts these days.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

EH

Sure is good to know what kind of thugs they are putting behind a badge these days. It is the reason I am forced to tell my kids that cops really are not your friends any more.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    As long as there are cops and robbers (criminals), emotions will continue to play a major part in the apprehension process.

Those emotions won't always be good, and they won't always be bad.

So....get used to it. Nuthin is gonna change. [:X]

Ah..so..all animals are equal...some are just more equal then others.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    As long as there are cops and robbers (criminals), emotions will continue to play a major part in the apprehension process.

Those emotions won't always be good, and they won't always be bad.

So....get used to it. Nuthin is gonna change. [:X]

Pukingly true...