In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

5 Birmingham cops fired

Comments

• Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo
    quote:Originally posted by dano
    As long as there are cops and robbers (criminals), emotions will continue to play a major part in the apprehension process.

Those emotions won't always be good, and they won't always be bad.

So....get used to it. Nuthin is gonna change. [:X]

Pukingly true...

And that is why the scum sucking bottom feeding lawyers will always be with us.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86
    As long as there are cops and robbers (criminals), emotions will continue to play a major part in the apprehension process.

Pukingly true...

Yep.

Somebody has to protect you morons...
  • ontherocksontherocks Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Pukingly true...

take note,

as time goes you will notice more and more cops being killed, more frequently and more violently than ever and the explanation is simple, people are fed up. Car dealership owners may be the first group to bring it, but you can bet many people are thin with patience to all things government.
    edited November -1

Pukingly true...

Yep.

Somebody has to protect you morons...

I ain't saying it is bad. But the idiotocy of the Ghestapo is what makes us a litigious society. And, yes, Sheisters do protect us to a point....but have taken lawsuit abuse to a new low in a lot of cases.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as there are cops and robbers (criminals), emotions will continue to play a major part in the apprehension process....and conflicting emotions will be evident during the critiquing process.

Most anyone who witnessed what this guy did that day probably felt he strongly deserved to have his * kicked, but at the same time don't want their government employees doing the kicking.

The cops should've been allowed to hold him while all those other motorists lined up and took turns pounding him - then take him to jail. [:D]
    edited November -1
    I swear, some of you act like you're living in a bubble where it never rains. [:X]

Rain? What's that? I live in West Texas...seen no rain for 6 months.
    edited November -1
    I swear, some of you act like you're living in a bubble where it never rains. [:X]

and some jerks think nazi practices by the american government and its hands are ok, defensible even.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    edited November -1

I ain't saying it is bad. But the idiotocy of the Ghestapo is what makes us a litigious society. And, yes, Sheisters do protect us to a point....but have taken lawsuit abuse to a new low in a lot of cases.

Law suit abuse is extremely rare. Don't buy the propaganda spewed by big business insurance lobbies. But that's a whole other thread.

What do you do for a living?

Safe mover?

[:X]
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1

Pukingly true...

I hope you never need the services of one of these "bottom feeders". Do you hate everyone, up to and including your mother?
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    Bad guys are gonna continue to get their azzes handed to them from time to time. It's the "down-side" of their actions.

so if its ok for the cops to kick the poop out of a bad guy then it should also all right if the bad guy does the * kicking
    edited November -1

Law suit abuse is extremely rare. Don't buy the propaganda spewed by big business insurance lobbies. But that's a whole other thread.

What do you do for a living?

Safe mover?

Collector of flammable metals.

I ever tell you about the time I was moving my safe full of firearms and magnesium bricks and it was struck by lightening......never mind. It tended to confuse certain group who understand not my sense of jocularity. Or aren't ticking on all 8 pistons.
    edited November -1

Rain? What's that? I live in West Texas...seen no rain for 6 months.
    Not worth responding to that one dano. He could very well be lying about where he lives, too.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ontherocks

and some jerks think nazi practices by the american government and its hands are ok, defensible even.

How does Nazi practices against innocent people equate to cops thumping on an out of control idiot who tried to kill a policeman in the line of duty?
    Some of you guys can really stretch it.
    edited November -1

Unemployed, huh?

edited November -1

Unemployed, huh?

Oilfield HSE
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel

Pukingly true...

I hope you never need the services of one of these "bottom feeders". Do you hate everyone, up to and including your mother?

I ever tell you about my lightning accident, involving a safe, some magnesium and a pickup?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP

How does Nazi practices against innocent people equate to cops thumping on an out of control idiot who tried to kill a policeman in the line of duty?

you have a perception problem.
    where does the law allow for cops to beat suspects? what happens when the suspect has been wrongly accused?

you as a gunowner I assume, shock the hell out of me. do you not yet realize that if you give them an inch they will take a mile?

I will flat out say that the initial suspect aforementioned more than likely needs to be fed his teeth, but not by the cops of all people! damnit don't you get it???????
    edited November -1
    Some of us just talk about reality and it's consequences.

Some of us have to deal with it on a daily basis. [:X]

How about a little restraint? I would love to choke the hell out of the coffee shop broad who insists on yaking on a cell phone while I am trying to get my morning fix of Java...but don't. And if you do not think keeping me away from coffee is not endangering the life of people...you are sorely mistaken.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of us just talk about reality and it's consequences.

Some of us have to deal with it on a daily basis. [:X]

There is always the post office dano..[:)][:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Dano, I hope what you say is tounge-in-cheek. I suspect it isn't.

You ought to well know by now, being a cop, is not being the judge, jury, and exocutioner. Your job is to detain suspects. You job is not to administer punishemnt.

Was this suspect guilty of a crime? I am sure he was. However, it was NOT the duty of the 5 cops to administer their own brand of justice.

If a CITIZEN were to catch a cop wrong doing, should we too be allowed to adminster what we think is proper justice? I don't think you want to go there Dano.

If we are a nation of laws, then let us ALL conduct ourselves as such. If you want anarchy, just keep promoting justice by cop.
    edited November -1

where does the law allow for cops to beat suspects? what happens when the suspect has been wrongly accused?

you as a gunowner I assume, shock the hell out of me. do you not yet realize that if you give them an inch they will take a mile?

I will flat out say that the initial suspect aforementioned more than likely needs to be fed his teeth, but not by the cops of all people! damnit don't you get it???????

As a newbie, you don't have a clue about me or how I approach life.

And....gun ownership has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

And....not once did I say I condoned the actions of the police. What I did infer, is that people are people and not scripted machines. Emotions, both good and bad, will always hamper human nature to some degree.

Doesn't matter what you do for a living. You mess up....you pay. Only the degree of severity is variable. [;)]

Problem is, police have and do cover for each other, falsify documents and lie. I feel that if their are more severe consequences for injuring, lying to, or interferring with a police officer, then there should be more severe consequences if they commit assault or murder in the line of duty. What say you?
    edited November -1

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread. It makes no difference to me whether this idiot in the van used a firearm or a vehicle to attempt homocide. If he hung a firearm out the window and shot at that cop as he drove by would it have been ok to open fire on him? I see it in the news all the time.
    Ok, so the idiot in the van fell out when it rolled and got thumped for a few seconds. Big deal. As far as Im concerned after watching the video I wouldn't have had a problem if they shot the piece of crap right there.
  • redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They should have shot that peice of crap as far as I am concerned.
    Idiots like him and anyone who protects that crap isn't worth having in society.

should of hit him harder!!
    edited November -1
    MVP you need to change your sig line and perhaps use one you understand...
    edited November -1

MVP you need to change your sig line and perhaps use one you understand...

I have no problem understanding the sig line.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hackles are up.....!!!!!! [:)][:)]

They should have finished him with one of these

[img][/img]IMG_0084-1.jpg

I would not have lost any sleep if they'd have fixed bayonets and skewered him.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,052 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    did they read him his rights before or after knocking the snot out of him? if some one invades your home and beats and robs you and leaves, and you find him a little later and use your base ball bat on him, guess who gets the shiney bracelets? why is it that when the officers do good they are the best(and they are),but when they screw up,every body wants to cover up. equal protection under the law means i will be charged the same as you if we commit the same offence. what you do for a living does not enter into it. eastbank.
    edited November -1
    Why do I see gun owners on this forum always stating the fact that "guns dont kill people, people kill people"
    So if the idiot in the mini van hung a hand gun out the window and took a couple shots at the cop on the side of the road with the road strip would you guys see it different?
    I see an idiot attempting to kill a cop who was trying to stop him. A killer is a killer whether he points a firearm at someone or swerves his mini van and tries to take someone out.

And all these references to Nazis and baseball bats on burgulars really have nothing to do with this.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And several times you mentioned about "IF" the guy hung a gun out of the van.
    He DIDN'T!
    Get it through your head!
    Cops who take punishment upon themselves should be treated like any other criminal.
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
    edited November -1
    Why do I see gun owners on this forum always stating the fact that "guns dont kill people, people kill people"
    So if the idiot in the mini van hung a hand gun out the window and took a couple shots at the cop on the side of the road with the road strip would you guys see it different?
    I see an idiot attempting to kill a cop who was trying to stop him. A killer is a killer whether he points a firearm at someone or swerves his mini van and tries to take someone out.

And all these references to Nazis and baseball bats on burgulars really have nothing to do with this.

Jeez...

Yes, if the guy was shooting he should be met with deadly force. Yes, if he is trying to kill with his vehicle he should be met with deadly force.

Once he was neutralized (unconscious) the deadly threat (and all threats) had ended and police were no longer justified in using excessive force.

What is so hard to understand about that?

[?]
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    I don't think they should go to jail, and probably shouldn't have been fired. They did chase this guy a ways and they were shot at so I understand them being highstrung, but you just can't beat people like that, especially on camera.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    Cops who take punishment upon themselves should be treated like any other criminal.Some here are either simply misunderstanding or twisting what they're seeing in this video to fit preconceived paranoid notions.

These five weren't doing this in order to 'punish' him. That requires that the target of the assault experience suffering, but this guy was completely unconcious. They were hitting an object. In truth what you saw was five people taking out their anger. Notice this both started and ended in under ten seconds.

It's overcomplicating things to refer to this as a 'self appointed judge, jury and executioner' example. Due to what they'd just experienced emotions got way out of control and these guys made the mistake of striking blows in order to make themselves feel better.

Not that it makes this behavior excusable, but the bottom line is that human nature just reared it's ugly head here.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    that was crazy, the guy flipped out of the car and looked dead when he hit the ground, unconscious. This cops really unloaded on him and I get the chase adrenelin thing. I even get that he risked dozens of peoples lives and even that he nearly ran down a brother officer and if anyone ever deserved his * kicked it was this POS. here is the rule, if your going to pound a fleeing subject, drive past the wreck or whatever so that your dash cam does not tape evidence. If there is a helicopter overhead be nice to him untill you get under an overpass then drag him out and kick the hell out of him. simply stated, don't get caught administering street justice, You guys work too hard to lose your jobs over doing what all of us would like to do because the ACLU weiners have no idea what its like to risk your life for the public safety.

You are as bad as the cops in the video.
    Justice belongs in the courtroom.
    When the Revolution begins you too should get a headshot!

Oh be nice, not everyone can go along with the cop haters, every thread where cops lose it and beat a subject lead to nearly everyone here jumping all over them.
    well I have never been beaten by a cop, mostly because I show respect and don't break laws on purpose I follow lawful orders and don't date their gf any more (lol).
    This wasn't a rodney king thing where those sick cops tortured and abused a guy. These highly charged adrenelin filled cops reacted...ok over reacted.
    The driver in the car nearly killed 100 people including cops and he needed his * kicked but It was over as quickly as it began.
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1

Boy, do you have a twisted view of what happened. They beat the guy, while he was already unconscious, AFTER he tried to run the cop down. If that cop had shot him WHILE he was trying to run him down, that would be a clean shoot. But that cop could not legally go up and shoot him while he was lying there unconscious, and those cops can't legally beat him either. As soon as they start beating him, the cops turn into just another bunch of thugs with badges and should be tried for assault at the very least. I am hoping the Feds come in and charge them with civil rights violations and put them in jail for a long time.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

Jeez...

Yes, if the guy was shooting he should be met with deadly force. Yes, if he is trying to kill with his vehicle he should be met with deadly force.

Once he was neutralized (unconscious) the deadly threat (and all threats) had ended and police were no longer justified in using excessive force.

What is so hard to understand about that?

[?]

One would think there isn't anything complicated about it. Let all those that support the actions of those cops do the same in their own lives. They can also enjoy their stay at the greybar motel.

I have no tolerance for scum bags either. I just differ with some people in what is proper, lawful, and what justice IS. Had they shot this douce when he was in the act of running people over, I would support the cops. However, this perp was face down and no theat. These cops allowed emotion and willful intent, to run their actions. They all should be in prison for a LONG time.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MFinn
    quote:Originally posted by MFinn
    Justified in opinion, why did he run?? Respect the law. They should have turned the camera off.

Defending the 2nd amendment is ok...but the rest of them are trash eh?
    EH

Sure is good to know what kind of thugs they are putting behind a badge these days. It is the reason I am forced to tell my kids that cops really are not your friends any more.

how is it that cops in general are not your friend? If you teach your kids to respect and obey the law, they will NEVER have an issue with police. Half the problem we have in our country is people just don't respect the law. They know the chances of getting caught committing a crime is like 1-100 the chance of being charged 1-200 the chance of being convicted by a trial is 1-1000. People get away with everything.
    You're tired of cops beating suspects? I'm tired of gang-banging thugs beating and raping innocent children, destroying property, stealing cars and driving on sidewalks.
    I am tired of thugs shooting each other causing jeopardy to our treasured RTKBA.
    I'm tired of punk * doing drug deals in the parks, having gang wars that fill the nightly news, kids kidnapped lives ruined with the flick of a safety. I see white kids with their pants down below their buts hat sideways, bandannas. they respect the thugs more than police. These cops were wrong and they got fired for their actions, they will probably go to jail and they should...but something has to be done before our society is completely ruined...
    I remember a time when I left my home with my doors unlocked, keys in the car while I went into the store. Now I'm afraid to leave a CD on the seat cuz some punk will break a window to take willie nelsons greatest hits.
    SO, be mad at these few bad cops for losing their cool in a moment of extreme anxiety, but remember they do not all act this way.
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    [/quote]
    how is it that cops in general are not your friend? If you teach your kids to respect and obey the law, they will NEVER have an issue with police.
    [/quote]

NEVER have an issue with police if they respect and obey the law? Man are you delusional. You might want to do some research on events like the LAPD Rampart division's CRASH squad scandal where cops where robbed banks, stole drugs from evidence, and framed people with drugs and guns getting innocent people put in jail. More than 70 cops were implicated in that one. Or NYPD's habit of kicking in the wrong doors and shooting unarmed people and nothing is done to them. And there are many more examples of what happens when cops go bad, and other cops cover for them.
    edited November -1
    p228
    Maybe you should start your own chapter of hug a thug and beat the cops to the idiot in the van and offer him a hug and teddy bear for all that he just went through.

Life is about choices and concequences come from choices made. Make stupid choices and you might get your butt whooped or your head thumped.
    Now I agree 100% that if these cops pulled an innocent person from the car who did nothing wrong and thumped him for the fun of it, they should be fired. The big picture from the video would lead me to acquiting the cops if I were on the jury.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by P228

how is it that cops in general are not your friend? If you teach your kids to respect and obey the law, they will NEVER have an issue with police.
    [/quote]

NEVER have an issue with police if they respect and obey the law? Man are you delusional. You might want to do some research on events like the LAPD Rampart division's CRASH squad scandal where cops where robbed banks, stole drugs from evidence, and framed people with drugs and guns getting innocent people put in jail. More than 70 cops were implicated in that one. Or NYPD's habit of kicking in the wrong doors and shooting unarmed people and nothing is done to them. And there are many more examples of what happens when cops go bad, and other cops cover for them.
    [/quote]
    Oh I'm sure even those examples are just the tip of the iceberg. There is no question there are corrupted officers, even corrupted departments. NYC police in the 60's and 70's were hired by the mob...Miami police worked for the Colombian cartels. Hell, Mexican police are the cartels main security force in their drug war.
    That makes what these cops did even less of an issue in my mind.