In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Man am I in the doghouse ...

kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Over just 1 little thing!

Well, lets go back a bit ... Ms.Kimber and I have been together for almost 10 years ... so I thought I knew her pretty well ...

As long as I can remember she has said the only little dog she likes is the weiner dog and would like to have one someday.

Several times in the last couple weeks or so we've seen weiner dogs on t.v. and around town ... in people cars ect ... you get the idea ... and everytime she has made a remark about how cute they are and wanting one someday ...

Ms.Kimber's birthday is Feb7 and of course Valentines day is Feb 14

So for a combined Birthday/Valentines Day I got her this
9week old AKC registered female pup:

Dolly1.jpgDolly2.jpg

... She has let me know ... without a shadow of a doubt, that if she wanted a winer dog she would have gotten one ... and how could I do this without talking to her ... well ... you get the picture ...

Now the bad news ... pet shop wont take her back ... 2 days and we haven't found a home for her ... although Ms.Kimber says "Yes, she's adorable ... but no, I don't want her" ...

So, although she has made many many remarks about how cute they are and wanting one someday ... I've discovered Tuesday wasn't the day ... neither was Wednesday ... and since the pup cried most of last night, I doubt if today will be any better.

Oh yeah, Abby adores her ... [xx(]

===========================
Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.

Comments

• SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Send her to me.. I'll take her.. Not sure how my Abby will take it
  • SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey man, I say you did a good thing.

They either need to learn to speak plainly, or cut us a little slack when we "interpret" incorrectly.

And I'll betcha a dollar that dog ends up staying.

To whom much is given, much is expected.
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Next time her birthday or Christmas rolls around, don't get her a damned thing. If she sqawks, just tell her: "I'm sure that if you wanted something, you could have gotten it for yourself."
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Your heart was in the right place. If you are going to the dog house for doing what you felt was right then sooo be it. Mrs Kimber should applaud you for showing her you feel. my 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    How old is she?...can always send her to me...would love her to pieces and I know the baby would too, providing its not an adult dog...need one she can "train"...lol

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BlackRoses - Swwbo

She's only 9 weeks old ... her and Bootsie (our 9 month old kittn) get along great. If giving her away was an option, I wouldn't hesitate as I know both of you would give her a great home and spoil her rotten ... plus I'm sure I'd get to see pic's of her once in a while ... but, I got to find a "buyer" [:(]

I could have just bought me a gun ... any gun and I wouldn't have gotten this grief ...

Topeka.gif
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!!!

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,457 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeez, how could she not love that little pup? What a face... If you have trouble finding a buyer for a week or so, Abby will win. Not sure you will though.[:(]

He Dog
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Puts me in mind of the time I got my sweetie a purebred sealpoint siamese kitten. It turns out that even though she likes cats, she didn't want a siamese. Go figure. I had paid for pick of the litter before they were weaned so the owner had no problem selling it to someone else and refunding my money.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What in Hell made You Think You knew what a Woman wants or is Thinking? Are you a Teenager? [}:)] [:D] [8D]
    Have You NOT Learned any Life Lessons when it comes to Women? [:D] [:D] [8D]

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try to work through the problem! Don't get rid if the dog, trust me, you'll regret it. Dachsounds are wonderful dogs, my grandparents have one and it is the nicest little lap dog in the world.

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang WOMEN. Just can't figure them out.[V]

Cute Puppy.

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
    edited November -1
    Birthday/Valentines day present?....*LOL...your wife and my birthday are not that far apart...[}:)][}:)]
    Just teasing...I know here they go for about 500...was looking at 2 mini weiner (your words) dogs yesterday 450 a piece for them....which in my book is way too much[:(]
    cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
    edited November -1
    No offense, but I cannot stand little dogs...all they do is yap and nip. They all seem to have a "little dog/man complex" too. My python died recently, but I used to refer to them as "snake food". Don't get me wrong; I love dogs...just not little ones.[;)][}:)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    I can tell by the look on her face she knows she is not wanted or loved, Hope you can find some one that will take GOOD care of her.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    been there, done that.

my lady whined for 2 months wanting a chocolate lab pup, two weeks ago I got her one. 2 days after we got it she said she didn't want it. We still have him and we won't be getting rid of him, but it was just the thought of her saying that.
    One bad thing is that the little guy is now 9 or 9-1/2 weeks old and still seems dumber than dirt. Had a lot of pups in my time and this one has been the most stuborn so far. Give me a beagle to train anyday....

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chuck
    I can tell by the look on her face she knows she is not wanted or loved, Hope you can find some one that will take GOOD care of her.

Looks like she took a slime and got caught.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
    edited November -1
    chuck-
    No, she's a very happy pup ... I was trying to get a side-view pic of her and kept pushing her away ... I think it hurt her feelers [:(]

Topeka.gif
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    That puppy is SOOO cute!!

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Women, you just never know.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Women.

Can't live with 'em,

Can't stuff 'em into a sack.

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, I sympathize. OTOH, even though I love dogs more than people, a pup is not a good "surprise!" present. Lots of responsibilities, etc. One of those things one needs to discuss with the significant other before obtaining. I suspect that may be a part of the negative vibes you are now experiencing. When I married my present wife, I had a dog, my best friend. Man, did she hate him. My reply was pretty simple - you go before he does. After a year or so, it was, well, he's not so bad, but this is our last dog. Oh, you planning to live with someone else? Beginning at the end of the second year, he gained about forty pounds from snacks (over my protests). And when he was killed after the fifth year, it was "what breed should we get when we are settled in next year?"

I wouldn't be surprised to see the pup to win your wife's heart in short order. Not a breed which I'd want, but definitely a sweetheart.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    A real cutie..maybe the wife will change her mind, all it takes is a few snuggles.
    Blossom said Hi to your pup.
    Walte
  • john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    Cute pup keep her and the old lady she will get used to her. It was nice you bought the pup a swimming pool also.

It's All Crapola!!!
  • Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    if she can resist that cute pup for very long maybe you should keep the pup and get rid of her[;)]

seriously, I hope she comes around.

I have quit trying to figure out what my wife wants. Been married 17 years and I tried for 15.

I am not a number I am a free man

sig

Volin.gif
  • rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL KK. women can be a strange breed for sure. My wife loves those little weenie dogs. If I surprised her with 1 of those i'd be just as spoiled as the puppy.
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Kimber - you're halfway there. You got the dog out of a loving heart, then had to send the pup to a new home. Having fetched the lady's extreme upset, do as you mused about in this thread: Now go get the gun, whatever you want. She's already upset, and you say this will be less upset. Get it all over with at once and come out with a new toy. Happy Valentines.
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    what you did was a very good jesture im sorry about the luck with the puppy,the akc does recues for all types of breeds.and can find it a good home.poor you and the puppy to.your heart is to big.im truly sorry

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good man kimberkid. Too bad it backfired but it was a noble and good deed nonetheless.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Tony

Great dog! Try and keep it, it'll grow on her. We've had one for 7 yrs and its a great addition to the family. Wonderful dogs, very loyal and possessive of "their" property, I mean family!

Mike

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Kimber,

Drop me an email and tell me what it would take to buy her, and how far from Texas you are.

deheffley@verizon.net

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimberkid, Lost one to the road a while back. If your serious, shoot me a e-mail (if ya still have the addy)...My Young'un would be in 7th heaven with that pup!...[:)]

"Don't mistake my honesty for weakness...
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought about this while I was out and about today. May not be what you want to hear, but she is right. Getting a critter is something that should have been discussed, as there are quite a few things that go along with having one. Even though your heart was in the right place "surprise" is not always the best choice.

Sure hope you can keep the critter without having the wife mad at you.
    Abby needs a pup to grow up with.

You say the pet shop will not take her back. Have you tried offering it at less than you paid?

• sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Goodness,,thatsa cutle little puppy.
    Almost 10 years ago my wife brought home a stupid, little, good for nothing poodle!!![:(!][:(!] Without asking me!!![:(!][:(!]

Now he is a good little friend of mine[:I].

,,,sod

cyclone.gifdemandbeeftag.jpg
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Kimber - You must have forgot the bracelet around the puppy's neck. Nothing says 'I love you' to a women like a diamond or emerald bracelet.[;)] If your wife is a sweetie, as I suspect, she will fall in love with the little pup soon. Hopefully, before she chews up your wife's favorite shoes. If you keep the pup in the room where you sleep, say in a box with blankets, she should stop crying. They just need to feel like somone is around because they are afraid. What would you do if someone put you in a strange house and left you all alone over night in a dark room. Trust me, doggie's make the nicest friends.

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed"

NRA Life Member
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    'women, can't live with'em, kids notice when they're missin, then rat ya out' (kiddin) Heck the ol lady got me a birthday gift. $180 for the complete 'foxfire' series of books. for another 20 bucks, I could have had a new bed for my truck........so much for ever winnin the newlywed game!quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Women.

Can't live with 'em,

Can't stuff 'em into a sack.

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Someone will want that dog. Take about 3 hours sitting at a convenice store with a sign that says girl friend rejects pup please help me get out of the dog house adopt this pup

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contrary to what ECC said, Dachshundts don't tend to be nippy or yappy. My parents can't stand those little ankle-biters either. However, they have a little weiner dog just like yours. His name is buddy. You can't tell if they shed because you won't find any hair around the house. They are so incredibly affectionate. They have an incredible amount of personality and are about the smartest "little dog" I can think of.

My dad travels quite a bit for work. Their dog "Buddy" sleeps on a pillow next to their bed. When dad is gone, Buddy will wake up several times throughout the night and will check all the windows and doors and rooms in the house and will then return to his pillow to go to sleep.

They are incredibly loyal and intelligent dogs. My parents actually ask him where he wants to sleep at night when it's bedtime. If he wants to sleep in his kennel downstairs he'll go and stand by the basement door until mom opens it up. He'll trot down the stairs and bury himself in his blankets and go to sleep. If he wants to sleep in my parents' room, he'll drag the pillow (which is five times his size) all the way across the house. He'll place it next to their bed and crawl inside the pillowcase, turn around and poke his little nose out. He actually uses the pillowcase like a sleeping bag while he sleeps on top of the pillow.

That little dog will love you and your family. She will most likely be very intelligent and will have more personality than you expect from a little dog like that.

I'd take her if I didn't live in an apartment and if I didn't work the hours that I do.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    I thought about this while I was out and about today. May not be what you want to hear, but she is right. Getting a critter is something that should have been discussed, as there are quite a few things that go along with having one. Even though your heart was in the right place "surprise" is not always the best choice.

Sure hope you can keep the critter without having the wife mad at you.
    Abby needs a pup to grow up with.

You say the pet shop will not take her back. Have you tried offering it at less than you paid?

Pickenup,
    You are right - as is she, I really should have discussed it with her ... puppies are a lot of work; cleaning up after, training ect ... although it was an impulse thing I'm still surprised she rejected it since we already have 1 dog and 2 cats ... Its not like she'd be any trouble (once she's house broke) The pet shop owner refused to refund, or buy her back at a lesser price, he did offer to take her on consignment when he sold her brother.

This little girl which I've started calling "Dolly" is quite amazing ... and fearless ... Bootsie (the cat) is getting more playful with her, swatting at her(she is de-clawed) and they chase each other ... Kate sometimes growls at her unrelenting playful petulance, but it doesn't even slow her down ...

Dollywithkate.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Boomerang
    If you keep the pup in the room where you sleep, say in a box with blankets, she should stop crying. They just need to feel like somone is around because they are afraid.I know ... but Ms.Kimber doesn't want to get attached to her so the bedroom is out of the question ... however for the last 3 nights I've gotten up several times to comfort her and get her back to sleep ... its not a big deal but makes a rough night for all.

Topeka.gif
    edited November -1
    Kimber....
    This just came to mind when you posted about the pet shop not giving you a refund etc...
    WHat are the laws on buyers remorse in your state?....

I know where I was born, a buyer had 5 days....and the seller had no choice or be taken to court....

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion