In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Man am I in the doghouse ...

2»

Comments

• ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep the dog, lose the wife.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dolly1.jpg

Is it just me or does this waterdish look bigger than the dog?
  • WWllVetWWllVet Member Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    KKid; If she continues to cry at night, put down one of your old well worn shirts for her to sleep on. She will be able to smell you on it and think you are there.

for GOD and COUNTRY

Vet
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, do what I did. For my wife's 40th aniversary I bought her s S & W Model 15 .38 Special - even bought her a S & W case to carry it in-I mean, how much love can you show a woman? She loves it and just the other day made a comment about wanting spring to get here so she can go out and shoot it.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WWIIVet has a great idea. Also, simulate the heartbeat of the mother with the ticking of a wind-up alarm clock. It did wonders when my dad brought home a black lab pup. She cried the first night but the wind-up alarm clock seemed to help the next night.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger270man
    Dolly1.jpg

Is it just me or does this waterdish look bigger than the dog?Actually that's Katie's water dish ... we usually keep it out in the utility room, but moved it in so she would be able to get to it while we are away and Dolly is barricaded in there. Dolly's water dish is almost identical to that one but only holds about 1 cup.

WWllVet-
    Good idea ... The first couple nights I had given her one of Abby's little blankets the she uses for her dolls ... it did ok the first night, not as well the second and I don't think it helped at all last night ... I'll try a shirt and I just happen to have an old wind up clock.

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of woman can resist a puppy that cute?!?! Keep the dog. A couple more days of that puppy looking at your wife with those adorable puppy eyes and she'll warm right up to her.

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kimberkid--One more piece of advice. As she gets older she may take to thinking she's Superman like my parents' "Buddy". Don't let her take flying leaps off of furniture. The shape and proportion of her body will put her at a mechanical disadvantage and she will be prone to painful (and expensive) back injuries if you let her do things like that.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think your doghouse is not going to be as uncomfortable as TOOLS' when he comes back from the turkey shoot, though!

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I can't stand little "wind-up" dogs, but I gotta admit, I think I'd keep this one. Man that pup is cute.[:)]

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
    edited November -1
    BR -
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'm pretty sure in Kansas the buyers remorse peroid is only 3 days (if it applies in this case), which would have been up today. I'm not sure its really worth the hassel ... but I may check into that if we still have her on Monday, providing Dolly doesn't win Ms.Kimber over ... but that doesn't look too likely. I've heard from a couple friends that most pet shops wont take animals back ... I don't know if that's a legit practice or not.

Iconoclast-
    Yeah, its not looking to good for our friend ... but geez, who would have guessed it ... If they go to Boston and get married would they have to take each other names since they're both guys ... would they be "Select Tools" [}:)]

idsman75-
    I did some online reading up on the breed and saw that was a fairly common ailment ... also true what you said that they are loyal, intelligent dogs, and don't tend to be nippy or yappy.

Topeka.gif
  • BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This joke may clarify why she didn't want the dog.

A man asked his wife what she'd like for her
    > birthday. "I'd love to be
    > six again, " she replied.
    > On the morning of her birthday, he arose early,
    > got up made her a nice big bowl of Lucky Charms and then took her
    > off to the local theme park. What a day! He put her on every ride in the
    > park:
    > the Death Slide, the Wall of Fear, the Screaming
    > Monster Roller Coaster, everything there was. Five hours later
    > she staggered out of the theme park. Her head was reeling and
    > her stomach feltupside-down.
    > Right away, they journeyed to a McDonald's where
    > her loving husband ordered her a Happy Meal with extra fries and a
    > refreshing chocolate shake. Then it was off to a movie, the latest Star
    > Wars epic, a hot dog, popcorn, a soda pop, and her favorite
    > candy, M&M's. What a fabulous adventure!
    > Finally she wobbled home with her husband and collapsed into bed
    > exhausted. He leaned over his precious wife with a big smile and
    > lovingly asked, "Well, dear, what was it like being six again?"
    > Her eyes slowly opened and her _expression suddenly
    > changed. "You idiot, I meant my dress size!"
    > The moral of the story: Even when a man is listening,
    > he is gonna get it wrong.

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Okay, I'm suprised no one has asked...how much do you want for her?

I'm a Lab man by trade, raised them, trained them for years, but I can't hardly stand the thought of an unwanted dog...particularly a pup. She seems nice enough, my neighbor has one.

Do we have to send her to an FFL dealer? [:D][:D][:D]
    First off I didn't buy her to be a showdog ... she's not quite a perfect specimen, she has a small streak of blue in the bottom of her left eye:

P2120009.JPG

I didn't give a premium price for her ... only $350 ... everything we already have is for big dogs ... like Katie, my ? Lab - ? Golden ... so then bought here a little bed, a few little toy's and little rawhide chewies, puppy food, little bowls, training pads yada yada yada ... So all together I've got $375-$400 in her ... I'd take $300 for her and her stuff ... of the three of us, she's kinda "picked" me and I'm starting to take a real liking to her ... even though she did get me up at 2am and 4:30am ... because she was evidently lonely ... even the wind-up clock and my t-shirt I had worn all day wasnt the comfort to her I was hoping it would be ... I'm sure if she was in the bedroom with us she'd be fine.

Topeka.gif