In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DICK's

2»

Comments

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:.. if common sense reform is enacted and even one life is saved, it will have been worth it.

We all know that common sense disappeared decades ago. And not one of those pushing for gun control would ever acknowledge that it could cost lives.

quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    Well they just put themselves out of business. Do you think any Sportsman are going to shop there anymore?

There's a lot more to sporting goods stores than hunting and fishing supplies.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    As already mentioned idiotic at best.
    Didn't the perp drive to and from the school?
    Well then we should ban cars too, no?
    Yes I know that makes just as much sense.[B)]

He was wearing clothes too, maybe all the female clerks that works at Dicks should start working naked...

Oh wait a second, I'm trying to find ways not to go to Dick's. Not ways that will make me go to Dick's[;)]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    As already mentioned idiotic at best.
    Didn't the perp drive to and from the school?
    Well then we should ban cars too, no?
    Yes I know that makes just as much sense.[B)]

He was wearing clothes too, maybe all the female clerks that works at Dicks should start working naked...

Oh wait a second, I'm trying to find ways not to go to Dick's. Not ways that will make me go to Dick's[;)]

If the female clerks at my local Dick's were naked I'd try to leave before I go blind. [xx(]
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard today that they have not sold AR's at the main stores since Sandy Hook shootings.

They have a smaller store line called Field and Stream store's that have sold AR's in the past. Those are the stores that will no longer sell AR's.

What a phony bunch of hypocrites and deceivers. Now I know why I would not go into the store to take a crap.

F Dicks
    RLTW

• Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,357 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well they don't have to worry about losing me as a customer ....... cause, I've never been a customer.
    Dicks is more of a sports apparel store more than anything else anyhow.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dick's is a dick..
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Their decision may be a boon to the "Mom and Pop" gun and sporting goods stores that the big box stores have been putting out of business. [8D]
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not that this dick move makes any difference here at my local Dick's in Salinas. The only semi-auto center fire they carried was a Mini-14? Also no handguns ever. I reckon they really can't lose any customers or chapter 11/13.

Big 5's about the same but they made some sort of back door ammo deal with California "government". So Dick's is about as useful as them.

I just hope Turner's don't follow their lead. They're just a parking lot over with larger selection of them evil black rifles.
  • Options
    carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like they took a coarse in business from Target.

Hopefully they go under in record speed.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,651 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cheaper Than Dirt is following Dick?s lead(although they pulled bs after Newtown too). Hope they both go out of business.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,184 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dicks needs to ask Sears, K-Mart and a few others what happens when they take desired items away from customers. When men have no desire to go into a store due to a lack of firearms & supplies seldom does the wife get a chance to purchase wifey things from them when tagging along with the husband [;)]. Can't count the years since I've graced the floors a Mall......nothing for a man to shop for except clothes & cologne [V]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    They recently opened a Dick and field and stream locally. It's BPS wanna be, everything is priced sky high, hope they close after this, it would be glorious.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Previously posted on another thread:

I doubt there's even 40 million men in America.

On this forum, if you post about a hot woman, maybe 10 men will post.

On the posts about ball park franks, hundreds of males cruise the thread and many make an admiring comment.

What did I tell you? Hundreds of cruisers and dozens of posts. Even guys that have never been in or have no Dicks around (so they claim) have to get some action with Dicks.

[;)]

America is in hurt city. Might have to import some *-pinching, tit-grabbing Frenchmen to rectify the low T problem America has?[:p]