In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Zapruder Film.

13»

Comments

• Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Ken, not sure what's going on but these posts of yours don't seem to fit with what I normally see from you.

I agree Randy. (Thank you for the check.) I do not take lightly aspersions as to my character. Nor will I let them slide.

I do appreciate the insight though. Thank you.

-Ken-
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimi,

There would have had to have been very high winds in Delay Plaza that day to spray the blood back & to the left away from the Presidents car like it did.

Nov-22-1963 started out cloudy & over cast with light rain. By the time JFK landed at Love Field the weather was clear & Sunny. It?s why he didn?t want the top put on the car. Which would not have deflected a shot anyway, because it wasn?t a ballistic bubble like some have claimed. The car was traveling at no more then 10 to 15 mph when the shots started. The car was equipped with a souped up with a 427 Top Oiler V8, but it wasn?t going to blast that car into outer space so quick that it would cause the spray to be tossed backwards like it did.

Watching the films, no one appears to be having any affects of adverse or even moderate winds that day.

Trinity +++
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1

You have obviously not been paying attention to Don M. or Icerarex.
    They have made it known that the Official Government explanation is conclusive. Right Don/Ice? [:0][B)][?]

Reading comprehension really isn't your strong suit, is it?

I called your 'so called' BFA requirements 'dictated' you view the film frame by frame, BS and you had a melt down.

I offered no opinion on the "Official Government explanation".

In fact, I offered another explanation via the book "Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK."

You sir, are a PUTZ!

Was "Mortal Error" the book about the FBI (?) agent that accidentally shot him?
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WearyTraveler
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1

You have obviously not been paying attention to Don M. or Icerarex.
    They have made it known that the Official Government explanation is conclusive. Right Don/Ice? [:0][B)][?]

Reading comprehension really isn't your strong suit, is it?

I called your 'so called' BFA requirements 'dictated' you view the film frame by frame, BS and you had a melt down.

I offered no opinion on the "Official Government explanation".

In fact, I offered another explanation via the book "Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK."

You sir, are a PUTZ!

Was "Mortal Error" the book about the FBI (?) agent that accidentally shot him?

Secret Service agent in the follow car w/ a brand new AR-15.
  • Options
    JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just watched the best documentary on Nat Geo Channel last night on this. They disproved some of the common conspiracy theories and actually proved that everything in the official report was possible and likely happened.

Keep in mind Oswald got away and was only pursued because people saw him acting "strangely" and attempting to hide from police. When a local police officer tried to apprehend him, he pulled a revolver and shot the officer 4 times, which killed him. He was picked out of a police line up as being the shooter that killed the police officer by two different people. He denied shooting the police officer too. How many here even know that part of the story? I didn't.

People were in the room below Oswald and heard the shells hitting the floor. They recreated the boxes and angles exactly as they were to try to duplicate where the brass ended up as ejected from the same type of rifle and sure enough they ended up in the same areas after bouncing off of boxes. The first shot came earlier at a much different angle. They theorized it was over 11 seconds from the first shot to the third.

A green laser aimed by rifle from the 6th floor window on the spot of a re-enactor at the spot the 2nd "magic bullet" hit him. When the actor leaned out of the way, the green laser dot lands exactly in the area on the governor where he was hit.

The bullets were fairly large. It wasn't a small 5.56 round. When the bullet exits, he's essentially limp at that point and one could expect the exit wound to be quite large and dramatic causing an equal and opposite reaction backwards. It doesn't seem that outrageous to me.

The reasons or people behind him doing it will never be known but what physically happened was proven last night for me. There were many many videos and eye witnesses. I've always been skeptical and have watched many documentaries on this event. This was the best one so far and I'm convinced Oswald was the lone shooter.
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

What about the 'other' films ???

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Strange how Kennedy's brain was never recovered[}:)]
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aztngundoc22
    OK :

What about the 'other' films ???

Thanks !!!

the one from the other side of the road, I think it was the Bell film is almost a profile during the last shot and the splatter did seem to go forward, first time I have seen this film and this angle, as the previous poster said it was on a show last night.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TrinityScrimshaw
    Kimi,

There would have had to have been very high winds in Delay Plaza that day to spray the blood back & to the left away from the Presidents car like it did.

Nov-22-1963 started out cloudy & over cast with light rain. By the time JFK landed at Love Field the weather was clear & Sunny. It?s why he didn?t want the top put on the car. Which would not have deflected a shot anyway, because it wasn?t a ballistic bubble like some have claimed. The car was traveling at no more then 10 to 15 mph when the shots started. The car was equipped with a souped up with a 427 Top Oiler V8, but it wasn?t going to blast that car into outer space so quick that it would cause the spray to be tossed backwards like it did.

Watching the films, no one appears to be having any affects of adverse or even moderate winds that day.

Trinity +++

Don't know if this will help any, TS, but I googled "wind in Dallas November 23, 1963" and the thread showing the below post came up. With all of the conflicting information that surrounds this old case I don't see things changing much one way or the other. Have a great day, man!

Posted July 23, 2005
    ""Mr. Joseph A. Ball. [Commission counsel]. Was there any breeze that day?

Mr. B. J. Martin. Yes; there was.

Mr. Ball. From what direction?

Mr. Martin. It seemed like we were going to turn into the wind as we turned off of Houston onto Elm. (VI, p. 290.)

weather bureau recorded winds in Dallas on November 1963, as ranging only between 13 knots and 17 knots, which is roughly equal to 15 to 20 miles per hour.

The weather bureau at Love Field data showed winds from the west-northwest gusting up to 20mph.

A strong wind begins to blow into the plaza from the North. Patrolman M. L. Baker rounds the corner from Main onto Houston and the gust of wind almost unseats him from his two-wheeled motorcycle which is behind the last press car of the motorcade.

Patrolman M.L. Baker is regaining control of his motorcycle after the strong gust of wind fromthe North when he hears the sound of gunfire. He is riding a two-wheeled motorcycle behind the last
    press car of the motorcade.""

Thank you Adam. I'm working through the links you have provided. any others much appreciated as well.

As the motorcade reaches the end of main street the flags on the presidential limousine are fluttering strongly in a wind from the east, as it rounds the corner onto houston the flags go limp.

At this corner Mrs K. makes a grab for her hat.

There appear contradictions here. I know from experience that going from a steady wind condition where I brace against a wind into a lull is quite unsettling.

It seems though that broadly a 15 to 20 miles an hour wind was gusting from west north west over the city. Closer to the ground various structures like buildings and streets would create channels directing wind with eddies and dead spots here and there. As far as I understand west ward of the plaza here the land for some time is flat, plain type country. At Dallas downtown the land rises and the larger man made structures start.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/4409-wind-in-the-plaza/
    What's next?
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

and : WE will NEVER know the truth ::::::

and : We Did Not Land on the Moon ::::::

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asop
    Strange how Kennedy's brain was never recovered[}:)]

I'm inclined to believe he never had one.