In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Locust Fork

Comments

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEHE
    You should have listened to me when I asked you to check the trigger on that Bushmaster rifle. You may not even remember me asking you, but I gambled and was right. It has the High End 200.00 Bushmaster target trigger installed. I bought it just for the trigger[:D]
    Good Deal!!! Thanks[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't give him a price on the rings! LET HIM GIVE YOU ONE!

Obviously there is SOME REASON he does not want you having the rings. Make him talk! Spill the beans!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kasey
    In your opinion...did I miss a good one here?

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=419705

Thanks
    Ron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have email.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Traci -

See this link. <http://www.{elsewhere}/977004339/Guns/Shotguns/Double-Shotguns/English/WEBLEY_SCOTT_12_BORE_SPORTING_GUN.htm&gt; (Edited... Guess I can't link to "Firearms" America - sometimes called "Guns" because of the nanny software , so I guess you'll never be able to use the reference.[}:)])

I believe it more or less confirms my opinion on your W&S double and will give you a fair idea of the price the piece will go for. (Remember that the 16ga is somewhat of a demerit.)

The A&F stamping will not detract from overall value in a good shooter... Which this is. It, however, does make the piece a gun made for the trade. Not a bad thing since this is not a collector's item.

One previous post is somewhat misleading I believe. A refinish or reblue is of little importance as far as the value of a good shooter. While value might increase slightly, the cost will always exceed the increase in total value. Only had the gun been returned to W&S for a total rebuild (documented) would the value really take a jump. Again, I suspect the cost would exceed value.

And so my opinion stands. The gun will go for a low of $600 and a high of $900. Obviously I hope that you'll find someone in the right place at the right time and that you'll do better.

Still, as a disinterested party I must be realistic. I know this is a good shotgun, but I also know there are other good shotguns out there. This piece has straight-grained wood, shows use, and is not overly endowed with the things that add a lot of value to a shotgun. In other words a fine field gun, but nothing more.

Please don't be offended by my critique as I hope that I'm much too much a pessimist. I love fine shotguns and know a bit about them. As I said in a previous post, while your W&S is a good shotgun I'd pay more for a nice L.C. Smith, a good Baker, or an Ithaca double... Not their cheaper Lefever line. Same with L.C. Smith. I'd buy the Smith but avoid the Hunter even though I know it to be a good gun.

I wish you the best in your venture. Double shotguns are a science unto themelves. There are wallhangers, shooters, and true collectibles. Within each category the values go to the extreme both high and low.

Look at the Winchester 21. At any distance it's hard to distinguish from a Stevens or Hunter boxlock, BUT WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Go figure.

Best,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where are the rest of the scopes? Also cant wait for my guns to come. [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I sent you a email.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have guns.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I want to wish you and your family a great Christmas and fruitfull New Year. I enjoy reading about your family ventures and events with your kids. You are a great Mama! One of these days I'm going to win one of your auctions and promise to keep trying. Thanks for being the person you are and sharing with us here on GB. You are a Gem!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When are you going to put up some more pump shotguns in togather in one auction [;)][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have mail. Guys, over the past week or so, Blckhrn and Locust Fork have sent me ak kit, and all the good stuff Ill need for it. These are two amazing people. Ive never really had something this cool, its simply AWESOME. Thanks so much guys, and you can all plan on seeing one heck of a photobucket album!
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where is your shop in Remlap .
    I live in Pinson, And would like to come see your store .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sent you a email that you need.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I took a ride earlier on the big green tractor [^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What did that Cobb go for you sold a few years ago??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh, never mind.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How did the Notre Dame ring episode turn out?..>Did the guy come and get it? ....
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you seem like a lovely person,would you do me a favor?please look at auction#168474774 and tell me what i am doing wrong
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I went and "visited" my Colt SAA at my dealer today. Unfortunately, NY State does not accept C&R licenses for handguns and I can't put it on my CCW permit yet as the Permit Office was under 10 feet of water from the recent storms. It may be a few weeks before I can actually pick it up. However, it is an absolute BEAUTY!

I have posted positive feedback for you and appreciate the feedback you posted for me. Thank you VERY much for the fast shipping and excellent description. In fact, it's even nicer than you described. I'm very happy. [:)]

pix561379322.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kasey, you have email!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got the rifle today. Looks great!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you lay down the law in the shop? Did all your employees mutiny over smoking rights?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Moved here, to stop the hijack of the "Greece in the crapper" thread...

quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I am AGAINST just about every form of gun control there is.....

BUT I do agree that there has to be some kind of system to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and crazy people. I wish they made it so that they ENTIRE COUNTRY had ONE type of firearms permit and if you got this permit there were no background checks and such. I also wish that they would tattoo a giant NO on the foreheads of child molesters and such.....but that also will not happen. If they would quit with the "each state decide for themselves" and come up with a reasonable blanket policy for the whole country. Why can't I have short barrel rifles??? I live in Alabama....the most gun friendly state there is!!!

Putting the majority of the responsibility on the FFLs is how the ATF is handling it for now. I get some guy that looks like he should have a big white dress on and a towel on his head, thick accent and fills out the forms to buy a gun....putting down he was born in Birmingham Alabama and has an ID that says he is "William Jefferson"......he passes the little phone call I make to the ATF and who do you think will be in trouble when it comes time to hold someone accountable? If there was a system that I spoke of earlier and I could just punch in "William Jefferson's" info and pull up a pic and details about him I could see that this guy is NOT him.....but we can't have that. We have the most rediculous mess ever when it comes to gun transactions......but if it was easy then they couldn't spend billions on keeping the ATF busy with this each year.....

Its ok....its not like there isn't a bill or more ideas they will pass just to show they are "trying" to stay up on things......its about time for them to change the color and format of the 4473 again isn't it??? Its only been three months or so since the last change.

I rest my case.

You rest your case because (of course) you think we should just hand guns to ANYONE and EVERYONE that wants one. In your world there are only good old boys that want to live out the old days where you could run down to the corner store, buy a bucket of nails and a full auto machine gun. Everyone is just minding their own business and only want to take their little boys out to plink at cans or take down the yearly 10 point buck and a freezer full of does. There are no worries about the stupid gold teeth thugs, maniac professors that make pipe bombs and shoot up a room full of coworkers if they don't get ten yr...none of that worries you a bit.

No no LF, in my world we follow the contract. To make that easy, we actually put criminals in jail and keep them there if they need to be kept there. And we hang those in public at the courthouse, who need to be hanged. We don't put the pot grower in prison for 20 years, and the murderer for 8. See how a justice system that "works" negates the need for ignoring the contract? This is how they have designed it, to convice the average "folk", that these infringements are needed.
    When I was 14, purchased my first firearm. Model 1000 semi-auto 12 guage. Went into Coast to Coast, the man unlocked the case. I pulled it out. Went to the counter and paid. The man just smiled. So did I. That was only 1984!!!!! We didn't have all these massive gunlaws that we have now, nor did we have school shootings, gangbangers, pedophiles up the street, etc. What we had was personal responsibility, because without it, there were consequences.

Freedom carries risk. It is worth it to me. But we will have to return to treating violent criminals like criminals (The result will be far less of them) and stop treating the law abiding as if they are guilty until innocent. That is what all of these RKBA violating laws do!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey just wanted to ask about that hangem upside down machine that was in a picture you posted awhile back. Good or bad?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is there a way on the auction side to search for your (or another sellers) auctions?

Probably simple, sorry.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    just trying to help

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=519041122

just a little fyi

webleys rechambered for 45 acp has not worked out to well, the original .455 is only proof tested to 13200PSI max, .45acp is 19,000-21,000 psi

as a result its not safe at all, and should only fire .455 webley cartridges

Blown01a-1.jpg

Blown05a.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.455_Webley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_ACP
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kasey, do you ever come across any Steyr M9's in your dealings?

If you do, let me know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Man, you look like your doing good on that Browning BL 22 grade II octagon barreled rifle. I see them go for that and more. Last one I seen sell was for close to 800. Beautiful gun at a great price right now. Still 5 days to go. You ought to break 725 with no problem. Oakie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have mail.
    The rest of you have nothing.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I sent another email . I had a question for you. Thanks again[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have mail also send me the information per our phone conversation. Thanks David [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ill be sending you an email here in a sec.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have mail.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is that coin with the fast food lady? Maybe in your Daughters Christmas presents? [:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What ya got on the block for sale this week?