In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ever hit a deer with your ride?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cars in many sense are incredible weapons ,the impact can easily be equal to a 3 inch naval gun hit in a home or building, equaly debastating to a big fat cow "Fertilizing" the road or any other animal, once i saw a truck hit a cow ,the poor animal was catapulted nearly 125y andimpacted a small car totaly demolishing it and instanly killing its driver ...i did not want to post it here but some may even seen worst....And in racing at 145 MPH you don't simply veer off at the sight of the first criter crossing the road ,you can kill theothers drivers and yourself doing so ,it iskeep sighted on the road Duck if you have to and TAKE THE HIT ! If you Hit the brakes the deacelerating LOADING will increase damage to the car and lower the front end resulting in the catapulting of the carcas into your face windshield, some guys even accelerate before taking the hit ,Incredible as it may be in many cases i have seen it reduces the dammage to the car but reduces the criter to pulp!.
    Ignis Natura Renovatur Integram
  • Options
    al57al57 Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    a mature cow weighs on average 750 lbs. ( as a hick, i know these things ) even a semi, which will weigh 80,000 lbs on average legally loaded in most states, would damn sure not propel a cow 125 yards when struck..and you saw this propelled cow hit a car & kill a driver with your own eyes judge ? i'd say that is remarkable timing. like other posters have stated, i think you say things that we both know is total crapola.
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Hey redleg, A good friend of mine shot a old tank with a heat round out of his M-1a, he failed to see the buffalo. It was a bad day when the game warden found out.
    Eat healthy, exercise, avoid smoking........Die anyway. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Hey AL57: Remember, you're talking about a guy who claimed a 90 foot long Anaconda snake ate a family of four. So a cow flying 375 feet is nothing.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is this just to share experiences or a competition to who? has the biggest dog and can spit chewing tobacco the longest distance ? I only share information ,do you want some formulas for blowing up dead cows and see how far they can go per pound of C4?Have you ever squeezed a bar of soap in your hand to see how far it will go after it shoots out ? well study some cow ballistics first ....then think how a truck can hit one to go 125y (ever played tennis) anyway its your problem not mine... hope the anaconda eats you .... don't ask me for help....on your next trip to Panama....
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, 125 yards. I must admit,,,, a cow is most likley more durable than a deer, however when our train hit the deer, there was just a halo of blood and guts, no long distance projectiles.
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    No al, you've got it all wrong!The cow got eaten by a 90-foot anaconda that had just eaten the truck driver and his entire cargo load as well as an illegal immigrant family of 12 that were hiding in the back.I also loved the one about comparing the ballistics of a cow flying off the grille of a Peterbilt to squeezing a wet bar of soap. Man, you should go to NASA and show them how to build those rockets right, cause they've obviously got it ALL wrong! Show em the soap, Dread!Bye the way: I noticed if you translate what you want to say into...say....Portuguese using the Altavista.com translator service and then translate it back to English, you'll have a pretty good approximation of what Dredd sounds like. Try it! Dont forget to add the typos afterwards though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Judge Dredd translation:The cow similar to the illegal immigrant series of 12, where it can with the anaconda of 90-feet being able to eat, exactly had hidden in the operator of the truck and the back section which ate that entire freight load. In addition, as for me concerning comparing the ballistics of cow flight from the Peterbilt of the grille, and compression of the stick where the soap gets wet separated, one was loved. The method of making those rockets just the cause the person, namely you, making a mistake in that clearly completely to NASA and obtaining it goes, should show in those! Them soap namely Dread of show! Bye method: You if... speech... in the Portuguese, in desired ones like some Dredd, if to be the translator service of the Altavista.com which sounds. Next you use that to English translating, you it has, if it translates the approximation which is possible to be clean, as for me becoming aware. Try that! But that the typos after that is added you do not have to forget. lol I actually cracked up at that one.As for the deer vs. ride question, the answer is not yet (knock on wood), but I did squash a big ol' groundhog the very first day I sat behind the wheel of a car.Broke my heart, that squashed groundhog. I was hunting squirrels by that age, but I still cried.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye,that was extra funny!!I think between the two of us,we`ve got Dreaded arkresearch figured out!.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Read enciclopedia of unusual phenomena (accidents) the one i told you about looks lame in comparison to the ones listed there,or get the registry of any insurance company there you will see stuff that will make your eyes pop out ! Ask nunn he is a LEO he knows what i am talking about, i bet he has seen the little "green men" book too...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I dont care what you read in some book, saw on Ripley's, or had a vision of while on a bender.Not a semi, nor a tank, nor the space shuttle Endeavor could punt a 600 lb. cow several hundred feet into the air and on to another car. Unless they're making em out of Silly Putty these days.Aside from the obvious fact that the physics you are suggesting would make Isaac Newton spin in his grave, the cow would have no chance of staying intact if it was hit by a semi. The only way for an object being hit to be launched in the air is for the object to either roll off the surface or be propelled when the hitting object stops.As best I can figure, based upon common sense and a witness report of my own (my brother-in-law), a cow hit by a fully-loaded semi doing 70 on the freeway would be squashed on the grille like a Hefty bag filled with beef stew. The remnants of the cow would then be pushed under the semi and left on the road. For the cow to become airborne, it'd have to be made of titanium-steel alloy to keep it's shape after the hit, and be about 7 or 8 feet tall so it could make it up over the grille and not be pushed under the truck.Might want to read that enciclopedia agian, Dread.
  • Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye, not in defense of judge but not long ago on I 40 in nashville I witnessed a guy get hit by a truck, we was moving along at around 55-60mph when hr hit the guy. They fella was small build probably around 150lbs, he did not fly but rolled down the shoulder of the road aproximatley 25-30 yards. He was still intact but deformed.The truck that hit him was a Volvo 660 tractor with a trailer on,not sure how heavy he was. The truck sustained a busted fender, bent bumper, headlights busted out, grille busted and the radiator was busted. The front of the truck was fiberglass. He hit him with the driverside corner of the truck. I almost ran over the guy with my truck as he went from the far left lane to the shoulder. If you want proof to that I can email you 2 phone #'s to call, I'll give you my real name and you can verify it. Or search thru nasville news for late october archives. The company that hit the ped is called MHF from pa, it will also have a TRL truck listed as witness, that is me.
    when all else fails........................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    judge, does the term " attention deficit disorder" have any special, personel meaning to you? guys, this is what happens when mommys dont read to their sons when little.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    judge, does the term " attention deficit disorder" have any special, personel meaning to you? guys, this is what happens when mommys dont read to their sons when little.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nah. I trust ya 7mm. :-)The reason the guy was thrown and not just run over was probably because he was hit with the right hand front corner of the truck, insteaf of right in the middle.And you said the guy was thrown 35-40 feet. Thats a far cry from anything Dread said.