In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ak-47 stock....14 yr old daughter....wood burner!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    O.K....if you have been here for any time at all you know I am no expert at loading pictures....but here are pictures of the prize I am giving away to the best stock.

I haven't heard from any moderators who wanted to volnteer to judge this, so we still need someone to jump in.....I think a few of the members would not think that I could be fair when judging...only because of a recent "tift" that has passed (hopefully.)

MVC-002F.jpg
    MVC-009F.jpg
    MVC-008F.jpg
    MVC-006F.jpg
    MVC-008F.jpg
    MVC-007F.jpg
    MVC-003F.jpg
    MVC-004F.jpg

This is a Gerber EPOCH Hunter's Hydration pack with headlamp, Gerber Gator Axe, Gerber bone Saw, Gerber gutting tool, and a Gerber folding knife....brand new and includes all sheaths (in box)...retail for pack hydration is $90 alone without knives.

Good luck guys!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    BrowningfeverBrowningfever Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be glad to help judge the contest. As a collector of the finest firearms made BROWNING I feel I could give a decent judgement
  • Options
    sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1
    quote:buschmaster: I must be allergic to pine, my head swelled up last time I got whacked with a 2x4

Your working the wrong end !
  • Options
    wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    if its not too late i would like to try my hand at a stock,
    dont have a wood burner but i do use a dremmel for carving
  • Options
    Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being A Ak freak, I would enjoy being a Judge, just let me know how I can help. Great prizes, I wish I had some artistic talent. Good luck
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have sent two out and there are lots of judges coming around....maybe this can be a "panel of judges" like the American Idol show....who wants to be Paula???/
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    only because of a recent "tift" that has passed (hopefully.)

Only time and gas passes. Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Six have entered...or at least sent for a stock.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Six people have sent for stocks....wanna stock....better hurry and get your info to me. I guess if you have your own access to these things, you don't need one of mine, but if you do....get one quickly.
  • Options
    CLINTFCLINTF Member Posts: 735 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Locust Fork, I am an avid wordworker and a(handgun/knife) gripmaker.
    I would help judge this if you're still looking.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am all for all of the judges that care to participate. The only thing that I think would be an issue will be are there any rules??? These things need to be set down by the judges...and I made a suggestion that there only be a gun picture with a black background....to try and limit the judging to the stock and not the "models" or setting the artist puts this stock in. Only an idea, I am not a judge...only a provider of stocks with a prize handy.
  • Options
    CLINTFCLINTF Member Posts: 735 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I am all for all of the judges that care to participate. The only thing that I think would be an issue will be are there any rules??? These things need to be set down by the judges...and I made a suggestion that there only be a gun picture with a black background....to try and limit the judging to the stock and not the "models" or setting the artist puts this stock in. Only an idea, I am not a judge...only a provider of stocks with a prize handy.

That was one of the things I was wondering is what judging criteria should be used... My suggestions would be:

1. Color picture
    2. Contrasting background (one color no objects or people)
    3. Pic of the rifle only as close as possible to show the wood
    4. Creativity
    5. Beauty