In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Yes or No ? Will You vote to Re-ellect Bush?

Comments

• Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    As the only registered Republican in the State of New Jersey, I feel obligated to support the candidate of our party, LOL.

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes but politics is an unstable platform. Things can do an about face at the last minute. If he sunsets the assault ban he's going to make a lot of people unhappy that invested three times as much money to get one as was needed. YES for now.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes
    I ALLWAYS take the lesser of two evils, given no other valid choice.[V] barto

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes ... the lesser of two evils.

You guys can talk about the AW ban all you want but;
    When have we EVER gotten gun rights back once they've been taken?

NEVER!

Bush has already said he would sign it into law if (read when) it crosses his desk.

And if your thinking some other 3rd party candidate you might as well go ahead and vote for the Democrap ... we've seen it time and again ... third party candidate detracts from GOP and democrap rolls in ... you gotta give the Dem's credit for one thing; SOLIDARITY ... of course thats a commie thing too isn't it? [V] Well it fits.

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell yes, I used to try and overcomplicate elections but it's really simple. I just go in the booth and yank every Republican lever that there is, I'll even jerk on the ones for the next county just to try for an extra vote. I'll vote straight Republican and walk out, I don't care who's running against who.

Them ducks is wary.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's way to early to answer that question.
    It's a big burden to handle the terrorist situation, Korea, Iraq, Home Security ( which is nothing but a joke at this time) and an Economy that has grossly been ignored.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    96Harley......Please excuse me for appearing dense, and please don't take this as a criticism, but...I'm not clear about what you're saying about the "assault weapon" ban.
    Would you be kind enough to 'splain it to me.

Mudge the confused

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    hobbisthobbist Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes!!! Wedon't have other choice.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,410 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Probably. I mean it's a lesser of the evils thing. All politicians are crooked, but if you vote for a Democrat(ever wonder why they have a picture of a * representing their party?), you might as well vote for Stalin.

Yep I'm one of JudgeColt's idiots that voted for Perot in '92. It won't happen again!
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mudge:

For a wealth of info relating to the 1994 Crime Bill (AKA the Assault Weapons Ban that Bush Senior helped push through), click here:

http://articles.corporate.findlaw.com/library/federal/doj/pdf/doj000006p.pdf

You'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the .pdf file.

The law is scheduled to sunset in 1994. Many of us belief it will be revived in it's entirety or another, more restrictive law will be passed in it's place.

Bush Junior, our current President, has already voiced his support for extending the 1994 Ban.

I would like to state, without going into my usual three page reply, that "Voting For The Lesser Of Two Evils" is essentially just giving up.

I'll continue, from this day forward, to be a One Issue Voter: Gun Rights and the Restoration Thereof.

I'lll vote for the most unknown, third party candidate before I sacrifice my values and Liberty for someone with an agenda and a slightly higher chance of winning election.

Worst case scenario is that the process is sped up a little bit when Hitlery (or whomever) is elected and the fence sitters are forced to put up or shut up when the Stormtroopers (whomever they end up being) come for their iron.

Voting for a third party may be a bit like depending on winning the Lottery, but it's better than voting to delay the process by choosing a bipartisan, Republican sellout such as Bush or McCain.

See the Bush Is Anti Gun Thread for the rest of my reasoning on this matter. It'll be buried, but I always find it entertaining to read.

Ah heck, I'll dig it up for y'all:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38919

There. Listed in that thread is my reasoning for not giving Bush a second chance.

Even if the President doesn't quite have the public authority to get Federal law repealed on his own, he can easily start showing his support for the cause by handing out Presidential Pardons to all those otherwise law-abiding citizens who were snookered by the BATF and the supposed violations of the GCA of '34 and up.

But, that's just my humble opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Evil in 2012. [;)]

Stand And Be Counted
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    (Quote from 4G&C)

Maybe her bull dike buddy Janet Reno will run as her vice president and Hairy's dream will come true.

Ouch![:0]

"If your gonna be stupid, go find a democrat."
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll back Bush, unless Bill Gates all of a sudden get$ intere$ted in gun$ & back$ a libertarian.

Well I need to correlate the results but will get back to you all later. Feel free to continue to vote if you haven't already.

Vote Early Vote Often

Regards,
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart throws a sword at you!
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    Evil ATF--You make a good point.I voted for Bush but i don't feel he is doing much,if anything,to protect our gun rights.If the vote were today,i don't know.It would not be for a gun grabbing Democrat.That much i do know.
  • Options
    KX500KX500 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll have to admit that I was one of those idiots that voted for Perot. I didn't think that I liked Bush Sr. and would have ranked him 3rd of the 3 candidates. In hindsight, obviously he was who I should have voted for.

I won't make that mistake again. Bush Jr. will get my vote again.
  • Options
    Mr. LoboMr. Lobo Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, unless there is someone more conservative running.

Jim
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cant believe anyone on any type of gun forum would even ask.

What the He$l is wrong with a red neck accent?. You think we need more New England accents?.

The most important things, Are not things.
  • Options
    aby80aby80 Member Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YES
    YES

If you don't care where you are going, you can't get lost.
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No problem Mudge,
    I use that as a blanket term ,probably not kosher, to refer to any legislation restricting the importation of guns with flash suppressors, bayonet lugs, pistol grips etc. Sorry for the corn fussion. An assault weapon can be my car keys. It's a loose term devised by burned out weed reapers to daze and corn fuse the unknowledgeable in the kornecopia(sp?) of firearms. You can tell I'm Hoosier, too much play on the corn words.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    he Republicans are not a one-man party. All the groups that care about gun rights have voices in that party and pressure may be applied, something that is NOT true of the Democratic party. Unless a third party actually wins, a third party vote may be a statement of principle but it is also a wasted vote. I still say that unless you can think of a Democrat you'd rather see for gun rights in the White House, the Republican party is the only lever to pull.

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
  • Options
    thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks like Dean is a better candidate on guns but we'll have to see if the party pushes him left.

There's no sense in being stupid unless it shows...
  • Options
    gissimogissimo Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    After watching the democraps undermine the second amendment for the last 30 years and now having done away with the first with in 60 days of an election (Yes bush signed it but he wouldnt have a chance at the mid term elections if he didnt the dems would have demogogued it to death) who else are you going to vote for? The only rights bush has taken away are constitutional rights that the democraps want to apply to illegal aliens and terrorists.
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saxon -- What you say makes sense if what we are trying to do is drag out the long defeat. If we want to turn things around, maybe the best thing is to turn up the heat quickly enough so that the frogs start jumping out of the pot. At least, that's another viable theory.
  • Options
    tajjntajjn Member Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I doubt that any Democrate canidate would give us a better choice than Bush.

dinosaur3.gif
  • Options
    270 Deer Slayer270 Deer Slayer Member Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seriously, most democrats are for gun control and I dont think any of us in here want are guns taken away...

"If it's brown, it's down"
    fishman.gifdeer.gif
  • Options
    2 gun2 gun Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bush did just what I expected nothing .But that's still better than what al * would've done.To keep the storm troopers away I'LL vote bush back in unless there's a more progun republican who has a better chance of winning.
    BUSH IN 04 !!!!!!![:P]

IT"S better to die by fire then serve by force
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    Yes only because most democrats(politicians) are antigun.

"It was like that when I got here,I think"
  • Options
    hawaiipighunterhawaiipighunter Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hell yes in aheart beat. gw is my man!!!

kyle
  • Options
    sfettysfetty Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes!

Watch your front sight.
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Saxon -- What you say makes sense if what we are trying to do is drag out the long defeat. If we want to turn things around, maybe the best thing is to turn up the heat quickly enough so that the frogs start jumping out of the pot. At least, that's another viable theory."

Gordian:

I dig the "long defeat" phrase. It's precisely what we're enduring.

There is no difference between Republicans and Democrats these days, other than the severity of their stance on certain issues. For example, the Dems want late term abortion to be legal. The Republicans don't. Both apparently agree that abortion is okay though. It's just the date of murder that they disagree on. Just one example off the top of my head.

We can either become One Issue Voters (2nd Amendment) until the problems are resolved, or we can continue to endure the "long defeat" by electing the Lesser Of Two Evils.

They're both evil...one's just not quite as bad as the other...

Until we get it through our heads to vote on One Issue, things are just going to get worse.

Worst case? We continue to vote third party and it costs "us" an election to the Dems. Big deal. They pass more inane laws. People get angrier. Our resolve is strengthened. We get a "go-getter" into the White House.

Best case? Our man gets elected and we drop the "long defeat" of the Republicans.

Why would you vote for a man who has done absolutely nothing to secure our Second Amendment rights?

Plain King's English: Bush lied his * off to get into the White House. He made "us" a lot of promises that have yet to be addressed. He's had plenty of time to do so. He's had ample opportunity to do so.

He has not done so.

Perhaps...just perhaps he's not on our side after all?

Again, how could it have possibly been worse if someone else had been elected?

Sieg Heil, mein Bush.

Stand And Be Counted
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are other Republicans whom I'd prefer to see in the office for their views on individual liberties. But the day I vote for a Democrap as President, the devil will win the Olympic pairs figure skating championship in partnership with Sister Theresa - on home ice. I do vote for the Libertarian Party candidate(s) sometimes in state elections when the DemocCrap candidate(s) have polls hovering around 30%, but no way I will waste my vote in a tight race. Never been in favor of falling on my sword to make a political statement; it only helps the enemy.

Long way to say I expect to vote for Dubya in 2004.
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    No-Never again [8]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    No one is EVER ready to head for the bunker...but the 'long defeat' makes it more certain every day we will lose America..I will vote for the man willing to call the Second Amendment more important then money,power,or getting re-elected...
    It won't be Bush..unless a miracle happens.I am not holding my breath.
    What could Bush do ? Get on tv,look into the cameras,and say " 20,000 gun laws are not legal...I pledge to try and remove them from the books.."
    After all,this is the man..who got on tv and said " We are gonna snoop your bank accounts,telephones,toll cards,credit cards.."..
    You would think he could find ONE contitutional thing to do...

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm undecided till I see who runs against him. Right now it looks like slip pickin's. But I remember what Harry Truman said about Richard Nixon... I don't trust that S** he has shifty eyes. Just a little how I feel about GW
  • Options
    VarmintmistVarmintmist Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mudge, You are correct about 3rd party canidates. They have no chance (yet) and will do nothing but be spoilers. And they know that they will do nothing but erode our rights faster. Why they keep trying to hose us? well, I dont know.

I have stated before that in my opinion, 3rd partys NEED to win small elections FIRST. They will get NOWHERE fast running for pres. only. Get the dogcatcher position, and work up to mayor then go for the state houses ect ect ect. There was a 3rd party canidate for Gov here, a decent one, she got a fair amount of the vote. I voted for her cause she had a SHOT. I will NOT waste the right to vote that my grandfathers, father, or I served this country to preserve. Win small, then go big. Bill Gates started in a garage, not in charge.

Those people who see nothing but grey areas, no black and white, are lost in the fog.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess that I am an extremist, in the sense that I believe that goernment that is bound by a constitution, is supposed to legislate within the boundaries of the constitution. The Democats do not do this, the Republicans do not do this. Neither of the major parties believe in this concept-both parties believe that the federal government should be able to do whatever it decides is necessary, notwithstanding constitutional prohibitions. I do not see my choice of voting as cutting my nose off, because the Republican party is not the party of adherence to the concept that the government is bound by the constitution, and that is what I want from a party/candidate. If and when I see a Republican candidate who stands on the principle of constitutional governing, then I will vote for him. It is not going to happen, cause only a handful of republicans still hold onto this concept.
    Me voting for someone other than a Republican is not throwing my vote away-it is me voting for who and what I believe.
    And when the issue is adherance to the constitution, I am not spiting anything by perhaps throwing an election to a democrat cause I refuse to vote Repuvlican-cause the Republican does not believe he is bound by the constitution any more than the democrat does-and to me that is the issue.

"Sometimes the people have to give up some individual rights for the safety of society."
    -Bill Clinton(MTV interview)
  • Options
    mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    i believe it doesn't matter anymore who we vote for. One is as
    bad as another. The powers that are in control will push for
    this NEW WORLD Order no matter who their puppet is.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Bullseye,Mouse;

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Evil... need a running mate?? Evil/Gunphreak 2012!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    n4thethrilln4thethrill Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YES i don't think there will be anyone who is closer to my values than Bush. I also don't think there ever will be[:(]

you can be king or street sweeper but everyone is going to dance with the reaper