In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Yes or No ? Will You vote to Re-ellect Bush?

13»

Comments

• Options
    RedchesRedches Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [?]hmm.......We are on a pro gun forum and actually discussing weather or not we would vote for Bush or his democrap opponent? I don't understand what there is to debate here. Booger said it best. 1)walk into the booth 2) yank the Republican lever. 3) walk out. This should be the way it is for the rest of your life. Why are we even arguing the point? If your uncertain you are muddying the water and severely OVERCOMPLICATING the issue. This subject is a no brainer if you own a firearm.
  • Options
    2 gun2 gun Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    People please keep in mind the statement ashcroft made(the 2nd amendment does give all citezens the RIGHT to keep and bare arms!!!)
    He could'nt of made that speach unless bush ok'ed it.That's a far cry from the reno\clintion stand of which was is does NOT grant the right to citezens but to the national gard and reserves only.

IT"S better to die by fire then serve by force
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    People who are one-issue voters generally have all they can handle.

Clouder..
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My count is as follows: 86 replies
    Yes or Heck ya for Bush: 40 votes
    No or Heck no Bush: 9 votes
    Maybe/Undecided: 12 votes

Regards,
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart throws a sword at you!
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    My count is as follows: 86 replies
    Yes or Heck ya for Bush: 40 votes
    No or Heck no Bush: 9 votes
    Maybe/Undecided: 12 votes

Your counting method and arithmetic illustrates exactly why we shouldn't take polls too seriously.

Resident Wittgensteinian
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Long defeat" is not what I'd call it, anymore than any football game is just a "long defeat." How many times have you turned off the set and kicked yourself for missing the big turnaround in double overtime?

Redches has a point though about things as they currently stand. We can lobby for change, but in present circumstances you can't do better, unless you're dealing with a McCain, who is a Democrat in Republican sheepskin -- but also the rare exception. In the long run, it's still best to vote Republican for pro gun interests overall. If you have other interests, factor them in. But avoid the virulent gun-haters, please.

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saxonpig:

No, I'm not anxious for a rebellion. I'm just sick of taking the "long defeat" road.

We've both made our points and the conversation is getting redundant.

Unless y'all have a specific point you'd like me to address, I'm going to bow out of this one and focus my energy elsewhere.

Stand And Be Counted