In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ever experienced Road Rage?

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
in 1976 I was driving south on Interstate 99 through Central California. It was very late at night or early morning depending on your point of view (about 3AM). A PU truck came up behind me and tailgated me for 1/2 mile. He finally changed lanes and went around. As he did, I foolishly gave him the one finger salute. (I was 21, what did you expect?)

Well, he cut in front of me and slammed on the brakes. I was barely able to get slowed quickly enough to avoid a collision. He slowed way down with me be hind him. I knew he wanted to stop me. I could either stop or have this clown continue driving at me like a manic. So I pulled over and stopped.

I opened my door and put one foot on the ground, standing with the other foot still in the car. He jumped from the cab of the truck cursing and screaming. He was full in my headlights so I could clearly see the tire tool he was swinging in his right hand. What he couldn't see was the S&W 44 Magnum I held behind my hip. I figured there was 30 feet between us. I said nothing. I just watched him slowly walk towards me screaming and swinging the tire tool back and forth. I decided that at 10 feet I would kill him. That meant he could take 10 steps before I would react.

He stopped after taking 9 steps. He stood there, in the glare of my headlights, cursing at me and calling me bad names for about 20 seconds. I remained silent and just waited. Finally he turned, went back to his truck and drove off never knowing how close he came.

I'm sure some folks would say shooting him would not be justified but if he came within 10 feet of me with that steel club I would definitely have felt my life was in danger.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    I may have started drive by's in Calif around the very same time 1976 or so. Was on I-5 Just south of Hwy 14. Guy just would not let me past him. each time I changed lanes he would do the same and stay right in front of me.

When I got next to him finally my Passenger window was down so I pull my 9MM Starter pistol and Unloaded.

I got out of there real quick.

Real Lucky he did not return fire Cause All I had were Blanks.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,651 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hwy 99 from Modesto down to Bakersfield has some of the dumbest drivers on Earth travelling that road. It gets even worse during the tule fog season.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No,....never.

I predict this will be a very long thread BTW.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did have one other, but I was not the one who was pissed.

Hwy 58 right here in Oregon. Most of it is 2 lane with little passing area. Well there is a 45 MPH Zone and it is well watched by the state police. Those of us from the area Know it so do the speed limit.

I was driving my MGB, the guy behind me was driving a big Dually Pickup and was getting real pissed. So I hit the 55 Mph zone and run about 60 Mph and he keeps pulling up flashing his lights. So I finally just pull over as there is no Passing in the area.

Idiot stopped and jumped out of his truck and so did his two Buddies. Lucky for me the house I stopped in front of was a friends of Mine. He saw what was happening and was headed across the Field with His shotgun in his hands. They decided that is was not going to be a fair fight and left.

There was no way My MGB could have gotten away from them. That night on the way home I bought an Ax handle keep it in the Vehicle I drive just to even the odds.

But if ever it does get to out of hand I do have my CCW.

Have now found it is not worth getting pissed off about. There are just too many Idiots out there.
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Nope. Too laid back.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    I'm sure some folks would say shooting him would not be justified but if he came within 10 feet of me with that steel club I would definitely have felt my life was in danger.

Well Doc, some folks would say any shooting is unjustified, regardless of the circumstances. If I believed them I wouldn't have to carry this Smith & Wesson all the time.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

Hwy 58 right here in Oregon. Most of it is 2 lane with little passing area. Well there is a 45 MPH Zone and it is well watched by the state police. Those of us from the area Know it so do the speed limit.

I was driving my MGB, the guy behind me was driving a big Dually Pickup and was getting real pissed. So I hit the 55 Mph zone and run about 60 Mph and he keeps pulling up flashing his lights. So I finally just pull over as there is no Passing in the area.

Idiot stopped and jumped out of his truck and so did his two Buddies. Lucky for me the house I stopped in front of was a friends of Mine. He saw what was happening and was headed across the Field with His shotgun in his hands. They decided that is was not going to be a fair fight and left.

There was no way My MGB could have gotten away from them. That night on the way home I bought an Ax handle keep it in the Vehicle I drive just to even the odds.

Have now found it is not worth getting pissed off about. There are just too many Idiots out there.

Axe handle-worthless. Mattock handle useful.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I accidently pulled out in front of a kid about two years ago. He slammed on the brakes and jumped out of his truck. I opologized to him to no avail. He then pulled a knife and said he was going to kill me and my wife. I think he finally came to his senses when he seen me draw down on him with my 40 S&W. He quitely turned around and got back in his truck and left, but not before I got a plate number. I called the police and told them what happened. Dont know what ever happened to him but never heard back from the police. Definitly scared the poop out of me though. Just the look in this kids eyes. I think he was trying to impress the girl he was with. Wonder how impressed he was when he saw my gun[;)]
  • Options
    Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1
    I've aleays felt that a brown belt in karate is more reckless than a black belt. As a brown belt I had a good bit of experience but not the maturity to deal with it. Two cowboys in a pickup west of Lubbock flipped me off over something or other. I pulled onto the shoulder and so did they. They got out and started walking back and they were visibly shocked when I got out and walked to them.

Like an idiot I turned sideways in the fighting stance I used at tournaments and got ready to backfist 1 and sidekick the other as needed.

They backed away after a few words and got back in their truck.

Thinking back, they woulda probably stomped a mudhole in me, but by gosh I had supreme confidence in my ability. [:D]
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was on US 231 just north of here in Indiana. I was on my bike, buddy of mine and his wife were on his bike behind me and Tori in the car behind them. We had just spend the day at our work's summer picnic and were headed home. Tori drove the car because we packed our swim gear and had to carry our boardwalk winnings.

Anyway, we were behind a line of cars/semis (at least 5-6 vehicles in front of me) on this 2 lane road, just about 3 miles north of a small town. Some joker (State rep of some sort) in a Jag was behind Tori trying to pass and she wouldn't let him. Finally he got around her only to come face to face with another vehicle in the oncoming lane, just as he reached my rear fender. I nailed the gas to take up the space in front of me and luckily my buddy hit the brakes. The guy just slid right on in, missing my rear tire by an inch.

When we get into town, we are stopped at the only red light. Suddenly I see him jump out of his car and head back towards Tori's car (she's on the phone with the Police). He starts pounding on her window and door telling her to get out of the car. My kickstand goes down, helmet comes off and I'm ready to annihilate this guy. I'm yelling, screaming ready to put my Kershaw through the hood of his Jag. He turns around and makes a B-line for his car. Apparently shortly before then, someone had gotten in a wreck and pelletized glass was all over the ground, he wiped out on it before scrambling back to his car.

I let him pass and the Police told Tori to continue following him. Apparently he raced a Vette shortly down the road. They called her back to make a statement (they had him pulled over) and when she arrived, they proceeded to rip her * about how he could have had a gun and "He had a Jag, he could have made it around everyone". She screams back "I have an F'n Permit, what if I had my gun?"
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Last fall I was heading home at night and in heavy rain on HWY18 on my bike, I come up behind 2 cars side by side doing the 60mph speed limit and I follow along behind the car in the left hand lane. This car slows down to about 55 so I get in the right lane to go around him and he then speeds up to block me behind the car in the right lane before I can get around him. So now he has sped back up to a little over 60 and is almost past the car in the right lane so I get back in the left lane behind him again and he slams his brakes on trying to get me to hit him or something.
    I swerved back in the right lane and am on the gas to get around this idiot and he is on the gas too. We get to the second car again and he just paces their speed so I can't pass.
    This is when I did something real stupid and got close enough to pass him on the left hand shoulder and be done with it.
    HWY18 is a 2 lane highway both directions that is divided by a 30' grass median and car width paved shoulders on each side of the highway.
    well I was on the gas and going to pass him on the left paved shoulder at about 75mph and along side his car, this fool swerved his car over onto the shoulder trying to take me out, which I thought he was going to succeed in doing, but I rode down into the grass median which is a rought gabage filled wet grass at night in pouring rain and my bike was all over the place with the street tires. I was able to back off and some how make it back onto the pavement without going down. I followed the guy and memorized his license plate for all the good that did me but I was mad enough to have thoughts that wont be posted here.
    Thats my last road rage episode. Usually I am a very calm driver/rider.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I accidently pulled out in front of a kid about two years ago. He slammed on the brakes and jumped out of his truck. I opologized to him to no avail. He then pulled a knife and said he was going to kill me and my wife. I think he finally came to his senses when he seen me draw down on him with my 40 S&W. He quitely turned around and got back in his truck and left, but not before I got a plate number. I called the police and told them what happened. Dont know what ever happened to him but never heard back from the police. Definitly scared the poop out of me though. Just the look in this kids eyes. I think he was trying to impress the girl he was with. Wonder how impressed he was when he saw my gun[;)]

Enough....evidently.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not exactly road rage, but when I lived in New Jersey back in the mid 1970's somebody put a bullet hole in my windshield.

I was headed North on Delsea Drive from Millville to Vineland in stop and go traffic. Everybody who lived in Vineland worked in Millville and everybody who lived in Millville worked in Vineland. I heard a hell of a racket. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say it scared me. If you've ever had a rock hit your windshield on the highway, that's about what it sounded like, only more so. I don't think I ever heard the shot, and never found the bullet.

I couldn't tell for sure, but I think it came from a billboard about a hundred yards to the left on a side road. There was nothing I could do about it, so I went home and called State Farm. They said I was covered but they wanted a police report number.

Next day I called the police and they said they would send a man out to look at the hole and take a report. When he got there he looked at the hole and got really angry at me. He wanted to know why I waited more than a day to report it. He said "There's nothing we can do about it now".

I waited for him to finish chewing my * and asked him, "What could you have done if I called you yesterday?"

He said "Well, nothing. BUT WE KEEP STATISTICS ON THIS KIND OF THING!" Then he gave me the report number, I got my windshield replaced and State Farm paid the bill.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One other time on My Katana 750. Hwy 58 just out of Pleasant Hill. I was stuck between two Pickup trucks, the front one Kept slamming on the brakes and just when I went to pass him would speed up. This went on for about two Miles. The truck in the back was playing a game to to see how close he could get to me.

I finally had enough was running in 3rd at 55 Mph he stomped on the brakes and I grabbed every Bit of throttle I had and just kept going. The front guy did try to catch me, but this Bike was fast and he could not keep up at 145 MPH.

My turn off was not far down the road so I just kept it hammered and made the turn. There was no way they could keep up on my road.

Sure wish the normal state trooper was in the area that night.

But thinking back on it I've hit two deer in that area on a Bike and I was going way slower.
  • Options
    SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me? Never, but I drive in the right lane and don't flip folks off.

I would like to expierience road rage once though, Should I be a *?
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Flipped off some horn happy moron in Kansasa City a month ago.

I never fly the bird. I think it's a chicken thing to do, mostly reserved for women and otherwise powerless men. I guess I was feeling powerless at the moment, because it just came out of nowhere. Honk, Honk, Honk, the bird has flown.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was coming home from work on a twisty narrow gravel road. At best 40-45MPH tops. A guy came up and tailgated me for awhile, then decided he would pass me. The road was barely wide enough for two vehicles. I'm a little funny about someone trying to pass me on a gravel road. I picked up the pace a little as we were only about a half mile from a good blacktop road. There was no holding the fool back, he passed me anyway. It was either letting him or wreck. I figure he was running at least sixty or more when he passed. I followed the fool about a mile into a small town and followed him into his driveway. We had a very animated conversation. I gave him a promise. His wife came out in the yard and seemed a little concerned.

I don't care who passes me or where, except gravel roads, hills and double yellow lines, ain't gonna happen.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's good to have some horsepower under the gas pedal to get away from these situations. When I pass a jerk who's been screwing with me I take him up to speed he can't or doesn't want to handle, for a looong stretch and then pull over to highway speed.
    They usually fall back to the slow PITA speed they're used to driving in the fast lane they own.
    Truck drivers who like to pull into your lane when they see you're passing cars, then slow down irk me pretty good.
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every time I get behind a #@%$&&$# Blonde with a Cell Phone.
  • Options
    PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    EVERY BLOODY DAY!![V]
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wife and I came to a four way stop. Waited my turn and went. Another fellow thought I took his turn and raged us. It took him 15 miles and two county lines to find us and cut in front of us and stopped forcing us off the road. Jumped out of his truck and read us the riot act. I took a picture of him and his truck and he punched me in the eye at that instant gunned our vehicle brushing him aside an took off for a nearby store to call the PA state police. The case went to district court and he was found guilty for road rage, driving a vehicle without inspection and up to date tags (my photo showed that), simple assault. The judge then read him the riot act for endangering the public and told him the next time he road rages someone it may not be a minister and his wife but a another hot head with a gun. The judge asked if I had anything to say in closing and I said yes. I told him that because I am a minister I did not shoot him when he blackened my eye but his second punch would have been met with a 45acp had we not been able to escape. The state police officer confirmed that my wife and I both were carrying concealed at the time. I never saw someone instantly turn a shade of white as the road rager did when he found out he was a half second from being dead..
  • Options
    ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never get mad while driving but if some bonehead is tailgating and passes or does a stupid move, I simply clap my hands as they go by. That tends to piss them off even more. It's my polite way to recoginise them on their bad driving. [:D][:D]
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    As they pass me, all the while yelling 'F'You, 'F'You, 'F'You, I pucker my lips into a big kiss. Drives them crazy!

Try it some time...if'n 'yer man enough!

Joe
  • Options
    Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunpaq; Bless you for your faith AND restraint. I'm not that strong a person, but I'm glad know you, and hopefully others, are
  • Options
    MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once about 1965 in Hales Corners, Wisconsin on Hy100. A guy kept bumping our rear as we drove.

The other time in Manchester, CT I must have pissed the guy off. He followed me with wife and two kids, I pulled into a strip mall, he beat my Volks Dasher and its driver window.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Boy, there sure are a lot of incompetent drivers here.
  • Options
    wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    About a year and a half ago, me and a buddy of mine were going down to Florida to see his parents. It was about 3am and we were just oustide of New Smyrna Beach when we come up on this little import car, Civic or Accord maybe, full of teenagers. Well, I go to pass them and they speed up. I speed up and they keep pace. I slow down, they slow down. The whole time, they are giving us the finger, yelling out the window and making comments on the "lost Auburn fans from Georgia". Well, my exit is coming up and the little retards are now blocking me from getting over to exit. I slam on the brakes and finally get over to my exit. As they see me doing this, they exit off behind me and begin following us. When we come up to a red light, they pass me and blow the light and wait for us a couple hundred yards down the road. As we continued on pass them, a beer can smashes into the windshield of my truck. Now, I have had it and furious. I pull over and they, amazingly get out their car and start to walk up to us and I notice one of them has a baseball bat. My friend is on the phone by this time with 911 and the locals are on the way. I step out of my truck when the one with the bat is about 15-20 feet from my truck and I have my Glock on my side. They are yelling about how I CUT THEM OFF and how they are going to teach me how to drive. At this point, I let the cat out of the bag and advise them they have just screwed with two off duty cops and show my badge. The look of fear on their faces was priceless and they jumped back in the car and took off. The local cops had them stopped about a mile down the road and so we stopped. All four went to jail for underage drinking, possession of marijuana, damage to private property and few other traffic violations as the driver was clocked doing 98mph trying to get away. Karma is a beeotch.
  • Options
    tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Charles Johnson
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

Axe handle-worthless. Mattock handle useful.

why?
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my younger years on was on both ends of the road rage behavior, not to the extreme of some of these stories, but I've tail gated and brake checked a few folks in my day.

I have learned as I have grown up to be more patient, and courteous and just let the agitator go past. Sometimes that doesn't work and you have to find other ways to distance yourself, and not let the trouble maker force a bad situation.

There was a loon that was so upset once that he was swerving at the side of my truck, speeding up and cutting in front of me and slamming on his brakes, then when I'd pass he'd tailgate, all at highways speed. At the time I thought it was amusing, because I was in a Dodge 2500 Diesel Quad cab on 35" tires with a 300 lb steel front replacement bumper. Had he actually hit me his lil POS would have bounced off. But when my wife got upset, and I looked at the guy and saw that his wife was screaming at him and the look on his face was pure insanity I decided cooler heads needed to prevail so I took the next exit and let him head on. After that I decided I needed to grow up and stop acting so foolishly. Its always funny until your wife is passed at you! [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    In my younger years on was on both ends of the road rage behavior, not to the extreme of some of these stories, but I've tail gated and brake checked a few folks in my day.

I have learned as I have grown up to be more patient, and courteous and just let the agitator go past. Sometimes that doesn't work and you have to find other ways to distance yourself, and not let the trouble maker force a bad situation.

There was a loon that was so upset once that he was swerving at the side of my truck, speeding up and cutting in front of me and slamming on his brakes, then when I'd pass he'd tailgate, all at highways speed. At the time I thought it was amusing, because I was in a Dodge 2500 Diesel Quad cab on 35" tires with a 300 lb steel front replacement bumper. Had he actually hit me his lil POS would have bounced off. But when my wife got upset, and I looked at the guy and saw that his wife was screaming at him and the look on his face was pure insanity I decided cooler heads needed to prevail so I took the next exit and let him head on. After that I decided I needed to grow up and stop acting so foolishly. Its always funny until your wife is passed at you! [:D]

I wrote an anonymous letter to the parents of a local teenybopper who tailgated me on the highway near Lubbock one day. I explain that there are people out there just looking for an easy-to-win lawsuit, and all one of them has to do is slam on the brake when their daughter is tailgating them. It might ruin them financially, and their daughter might get hurt.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    As they pass me, all the while yelling 'F'You, 'F'You, 'F'You, I pucker my lips into a big kiss. Drives them crazy!

Try it some time...if'n 'yer man enough!

Joe

I like to shake my head no and lip "no thanks" as they flip me off, as though I'm rejectng their offer for sex. [:D]
  • Options
    scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A couple of days ago I was rounding the George Bush Tollway @ 80 mph. I am in the left lane, cruise control is set, not a car in sight. A few minutes later, I come up on this car with some jacktard doing 73.5 mph in the left lane. Slower traffic is supposed to keep right.

I reduce my speed, being as I was there first, I am going 10 over the speed limit and minding my own business. This guy just will not move over. I'm stuck to his bumper like a booger.

Am I doing something wrong here? I mean this guy was going slow enough that I caught him like nothing. Why wouldn't the idiot pull over and allow me to pass?

When I was young, and single, I would have chrome horned him. It is not out of ordinary for me to do this. I sent a camaro to the ditch doing doughnuts one time doing this very same thing.

This goes on for several miles so I decide at this point it's time to get the away from this slow moving DB. I reluctantly pass him on the right, risking an improper passing citation. I gave the guy the finger on my way around, just to make sure he knows that he's #1.

WTH is wrong with people? Why is it these people with pure slime cars suddenly think they are king of the road and it is my job to get out of their way?

There was 2 more lanes and we were the only 2 cars for almost 8 miles. What gives? What has changed in this world to make people want to endanger others in such a manner?

I picked up one of those dash board cams today and installed it. I will be ready next time. If I can record this behavior and take it to the police will that do anything about it?
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Nope. I expect the roads to be full of idiots so when one presents himself I am gratified to be found so right once again.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scrumpyjack
    A couple of days ago I was rounding the George Bush Tollway @ 80 mph. I am in the left lane, cruise control is set, not a car in sight. A few minutes later, I come up on this car with some jacktard doing 73.5 mph in the left lane. Slower traffic is supposed to keep right.

I reduce my speed, being as I was there first, I am going 10 over the speed limit and minding my own business. This guy just will not move over. I'm stuck to his bumper like a booger.

Am I doing something wrong here? I mean this guy was going slow enough that I caught him like nothing. Why wouldn't the idiot pull over and allow me to pass?

When I was young, and single, I would have chrome horned him. It is not out of ordinary for me to do this. I sent a camaro to the ditch doing doughnuts one time doing this very same thing.

This goes on for several miles so I decide at this point it's time to get the away from this slow moving DB. I reluctantly pass him on the right, risking an improper passing citation. I gave the guy the finger on my way around, just to make sure he knows that he's #1.

WTH is wrong with people? Why is it these people with pure slime cars suddenly think they are king of the road and it is my job to get out of their way?

There was 2 more lanes and we were the only 2 cars for almost 8 miles. What gives? What has changed in this world to make people want to endanger others in such a manner?

I picked up one of those dash board cams today and installed it. I will be ready next time. If I can record this behavior and take it to the police will that do anything about it?

HAHAHA, sounds freakishly familiar
  • Options
    TempestTempest Member Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I drive 60,000+ miles per year. Yes, many times. Not me but have seen it many times.

People are idiots.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tempest
    I drive 60,000+ miles per year. Yes, many times. Not me but have seen it many times.

People are idiots.

This whole thread compacted into one short sentence.
  • Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cubslover G16

My kickstand goes down, helmet comes off and I'm ready to annihilate this guy.

Leave the helmet on!

Watched a guy run out and stop a teenager on a dirt bike, who he thought was going too fast down an alley. Headhunter busted his hands up, before the kid pulled the helmet off and smacked him with it.
    [;)]

Allen
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best thing I did when this Woman was Tailgating Me and blowing Her Horn at Me was to put Both Feet on the Brake Pedal and pushed Hard,Boy did She ever stop fast.
    I then pulled over into a Parking Lot and waited for Her to come in to try and give Me a hard time,Needless to say She just drove off.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    'Road rage' is just a modern buzzword for a symptom of a long existing problem:

With a large percentage of people their logic/reasoning ability drops by about half when they get behind the wheel of a car.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by e3mrk
    The best thing I did when this Woman was Tailgating Me and blowing Her Horn at Me was to put Both Feet on the Brake Pedal and pushed Hard,Boy did She ever stop fast.If your blinkers/emergency flashers are red, just hit the 4-ways to flash once.

Gets the message across and is much safer for you - plus a hell of a lot funnier - to see the tailgater slam down on the brakes without you altering your speed a bit. [:D]