In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ever experienced Road Rage?

2»

Comments

• Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs
    quote:Originally posted by e3mrk
    The best thing I did when this Woman was Tailgating Me and blowing Her Horn at Me was to put Both Feet on the Brake Pedal and pushed Hard,Boy did She ever stop fast.If your blinkers/emergency flashers are red, just hit the 4-ways to flash once.

Gets the message across and is much safer for you - plus a hell of a lot funnier - to see the tailgater slam down on the brakes without you altering your speed a bit. [:D]

Did that to a cop one time............... he was NOT happy! [B)]

Dunno if it's a widely practiced maneuver or not, but Charleston WV city police used to run up to about a foot from your bumper just before turning on the blues.
    IMHO it's not wise, as the sudden startlement from both siren, and flashing lights can cause one to automatically let off on the gas.

Allen
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    Road rage from stress heads on the way to work without breakfast or comming home in a rush to nowhere.Ya gotta love 'em..droids !Im just glad i dont have to tollerate the garbage anylonger.
    When i did occasionally, a quick ..f**off & do ya self a favor'with a smile, whilst cleaning my nails with a machette blade, did the trick.[:D]
    Been 2 steps in front of the brainless certainly helps [;)]
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by minitruck83
    quote:Originally posted by Cubslover G16

My kickstand goes down, helmet comes off and I'm ready to annihilate this guy.

Leave the helmet on!

Watched a guy run out and stop a teenager on a dirt bike, who he thought was going too fast down an alley. Headhunter busted his hands up, before the kid pulled the helmet off and smacked him with it.
    [;)]

Allen

Again on the Old Katana, Was in town by the U Of O. Doing the speed limit of 35 Mph Police love this area and have been pulled over many times right there( I worked swing and was coming out of the area in town of the Bars at 1 AM)

Well some drunk Comes out of Nowhere and blocks my Path wanting to fight. But as I said the Cops are real Heavy in this area and by the time I put out my Side stand and was getting off the Bike they showed up.

Had on a full face helmet heavy padded leather Jacket and leather Pants on. Even had on my Heavy Gauntlet gloves still On. He would have needed a Knife or gun to hurt me.
  • Options
    stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in Manhattan, NYC. I had been at a gun show in Allentown, PA., where I purchased a 2nd gen. Colt Dragoon without any packaging. Leaving the show, I placed the gun on the Passanger side front seat and covered it with a newspaper for the drive home.
    The drive back to NYC was un-eventful. However, after exiting the Holland Tunnel on to Canal Street I got behind a very slow moving car. We stopped at a stop light, and when it turned green and he didn't move, I beeped him after 30 seconds. A middle aged black guy in working cloths gets out and starts screaming at me, so I rolled up my window. When he is yelling cracker, among other things at me and pounding my window with his fist, I took the newspaper off that monster sized Colt. The man turned a sort of chocolate gray, ran to his car and took off, running the now red light. I simply re-covered the gun with the newspaper and calmly drove home.
    Sam Colt did his job one more time!
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I had two guys raging on each other in front of me end up in a wreck. I pulled to the side of the highway behind them only to be sure they were okay, then to be a witness when the police arrived.

Once I stopped, one of them came out of his car still in a rage and came to me yelling "what the f--- do you want, some of me?"

I was still in my truck with the window down, and as he walked up screaming and raging, he hit the top of my hood with both of his fists.

I had already slipped my pistol out of my belt, and once he hit the hood, I told him to back off and calm down or he was going to end up having a very bad day while I pointed the pistol at him.

He did back off.

When I called 911 on my phone, I explained everything that happened, and the police arrived in just a couple of minutes.

Rager was demanding my arrest, but instead, he was arrested and also ended up paying to have my hood repaired.

All of this over two guys trying to speed through rush hour traffic.

Idiots.
  • Options
    proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    i put a guy in the ditch on purpose at around 45mph....

he was pulling my trailer, stolen 14 months previous.[}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by proapp

I don't think I would have done that. If he was just an innocent person who bought the trailer not knowing it was stolen, you would have been both criminally and civilly liable here in Texas.
  • Options
    Joe DreesJoe Drees Member Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I drive the speed limit or below so I've seen my share of single digits.
  • Options
    proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley

I don't think I would have done that. If he was just an innocent person who bought the trailer not knowing it was stolen, you would have been both criminally and civilly liable here in Texas.

i am in texas.....and its a much longer story.
  • Options
    PacManPacMan Member Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did...in the other thread!
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Hasnt everyone?

One of several times...I was 17, had a double throw down tricked 66 Goat (GTO)...just at dusk...minding my own business own a 2 lane FM road in the sticks, where I lived.

Truck came up behind, immediately passed and from the bed of the truck & passenger window...beer cans flew ...[:D]
    The truck went on down the road maybe half a mile and slowed down, I passed & didnt shoot them the finger, a rare occaision.
    I was going probably 50+ & a 1/4 mile further on, they caught me and tailgated me so...I dropped to 3rd gear and away we go.

The truck was not from around there, have no idea who they were...I knew all the trucks around home, didnt know this one.

I pulled them some, but NOT anything like I should have in my Goat...they caught me and stayed up with me...a BIG surprise! WTH were they running in that truck?! NOT close to stock!

So...I pulled them maybe 1/8 of a mile and the road took a sweeping curve...I made it thru the curve, dropped to 2nd gear and hit it!
    I gained maybe 1/2 a mile and stopped my Goat partially across the road, opened the door, grabbed a 9mm I kept beside the consloe & got out and stood behind my open drivers door...it had gotten dark by then.

As their headlights got within 75 yds about, I emptied the 9mm between the headlights, truck swerved and hit the bar ditch, made a small circle IN & OUT thru a 4 strand barbwire fence...the Duckworths fence .[:D] and took off in the other direction.

I didnt get arrested, never heard a thing about it...dont mess with people in their own backyard...[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley

i am in texas.....and its a much longer story.

As long as he was the theif, you are clear anyway, I'm justt getting a little paranoid on how lawyers seem to be able to punish victoms these days.[B)]

I hate lawyers.[:(!]
  • Options
    Old.22BoltsOld.22Bolts Member Posts: 6,032
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    No,....never.

I predict this will be a very long thread BTW.

You're right so far.....[:D]
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No....Im pretty laid back, and nobody has ever tried to get out of their car and yell at me or anything. Hopefully, they never will.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BTDT
    I don't always carry a gun, but rarely, am I w/o my credentials.

They see my credentials and assume I'm armed. [;)]

Credentials? credentials? you mean your Green Hornet decoder ring???
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1992 I put a $500,000 PROVOST motor-home in the ditch near Cooper Landing Alaska, I asked several times (CB) for the guy to pull over and let folks past him. When he told me to F-off I waited until I could get around him and the dozen or so cars too timid to pass. I got by him and power slammed on the brakes, he hit the ditch to avoid hitting me.

I drove home and got the fish in the freezer.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Patience is a virtue that must be learned"

Milk Carton wisdom...
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After I started reading this thread this morning, me and herself had to drive to the next town over. About twelve miles, winding country road.
    I fell in line behind two other cars and enjoyed the scenery.

After awhile I look in my mirror and I have a Volvo with Jersey plates tailgating me. I tap my breaks but he won't back off. I guess we were all going too slow. Next thing you know he starts laying on the horn, doesn't seem to help him any.

Well just as we begin to enter the town, he looses it and passes all of us in a 30 mph zone on a curve by a school right into a State Trooper speed trap.

As are three car motorcade went by , we all hit our horns and waved. It did my heart good[:)]
  • Options
    partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    I hope you weren't another one of them that drive in the left (passing) lane!!! This is the #1 cause of road rage!!!
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every time JnRockwall is in the Left lane