In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Asking a * a date...

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Okay, we have a proposal thread. Now I was wondering who has the most creative manner in which to ask a woman out on a date.Mine goes a little something like this:"Hey honey, wanna strap on the ol' feed bag with me at the local greasy spoon?"

Comments

• k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the old fashion aproach of, can i take you to dinner and a movie, or how about dinner so i can learn more about you.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 25,180 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Hey baby, what's your sign".... always worked well in the 70's...Actually not that well.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I generally ask an open-ended question that can't be answered with a "no". I give them two dates and two times after we chat for a bit and build some rapport(salesman approach). It goes a little something like this:"So, would dinner with me on Friday at 6pm or Saturday at 7pm work best for you?"
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Out here in the sticks where I grew up, the guys with the tallest pickups or the car with the loudest glasspacks always had the girls asking them out. like I said before, here you need a 4x4 PICKUP not some dang yuppie wagon just to get in the country club. The one that got me my wife of 13 years was an International scout with no top and 33" tires. I still keep a tall truck around for social events, redneck style!
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I met more gals in college at the laundermat . . . "Should I mix these?" or "Do you have any idea what cycle I should use for this?" seemed to work well. With waitresses . . . "There's a problem with this bill." 'What is it?' "It doesn't have your phone number." Worked sometimes. Almost any semi-intelligent question / comment in an art gallery. Guaranteed babe magnets: Weimeraners and babies.
  • 13fister13fister Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hit over head with club, drag back to cave
  • Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about, " I'm very wealthy and have a couple of months before I die."Maybe pee her name in the snow?Compliment her "child bearing" hips.Tell her that she is dirty and unsaved, and that you hold the key to her salvation.
    OR
    Just say "hi" and play it by ear. Listen when she's speaking and don't think about what you'll say when she's done. Speak only when asking questions about her, and for God sakes, tell her you like the "little difference in her hair"... even if you don't see one.christian
  • OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Telling them they had pretty feet always worked for me!
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I'll be damned otto.My dad said that to my mom,your the second person I have ever heard use that.
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    This may sound strange but it works
    "Would you like to go somewhere together? A movie? Dinner? A walk and talk? A little honesty and respect and your on your way if she likes you!
  • timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All you have to do is get to know her a little bit, be yourself, and find out if she has some interest in you. That takes more than one meeting. If you get her where you want on the first meeting with a dumb line, why bother? Probably means the next guy will do the same thing.
    edited November -1
    Oh wow. I just realized that it sounds like I am asking for advice on how to ask a * a date. Talk about embarassing. I was just going for the humorous angle. Thanks to you guys that took some heart and refrained from ribbing me on this one.
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "If I said something about your body,would you hold it against me"?
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its just our nature here to give advice, I dont think anyone thought you needed help, I didnt, just followed along with the theme, discussing our pickup/loser lines, its funny.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
    edited November -1
    I have met several fellows that believe it is all a numbers game and that line works (according to them) if you are just looking for a cheap you-know-what. I can't say I've ever tried it because I've never gone looking for it. They say you get slapped a whole bunch of times until you find a "yes".
  • jetjet Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a new XXX in XX cal ya wana shoot it.If she don't go for that, she ain't for you.
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    idsman, you are the professional selling skills virtuoso, ain't ya?Which will work best for you?How does that sound?Which do you prefer?June or July? Which one is the best one to start your training?i know whatcha sayin'
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you let me take you home Ill show you my guns!It doesnt work on Mrs Submariner either.
    SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,NE'ER DO WELL, INSTIGATOR,AND RUSTY WALLACE FAN
  • sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always tried not to use a line, because they never seemed to work. Being myself worked much better than trying to remember which line to use. But I haven't had a date in almost twenty years... unless you count going out with the wife. Which reminds me...wonder what she's doing Saturday night.Think I will try to get up the courage to ask her out for dinner and a movie, and a little conversation...
    Have Gun, will travel
  • RUGERNUT3RUGERNUT3 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ALWAYS...worked for me...honest. Use them eyes, yours. Strike up a conversation always looking them in the eyes..NEVER, never loose eye contact. All the while THINKING and PROJECTING your thoughs to them...use your imagination on what to think..I think you will catch my drift! Then on the first date just act cool and casual towards the end, be a complete gentlemen above and beyond.When the date is over DONT ask them out for a second, all the while being sweeter than honey. Wont be long till they will call,"just to talk, and say hello, blah,blah". THEN ask them to go out again. At this point you should end up somewhere that er, uh,you know could happen if it could...DONT DO IT!Ask them out out again. By the third date they are so wound up, curios,driven crazy as to why you have not acted like most other men to this point...that their wondering what is WRONG with them!!!Drives them nuts to think some good looking, intellegent men does not want them! All women, and men for that matter want something it looks as if they cant have! Worked everytime....
    "ANY" EXCUSE IS A GOOD REASON TO BUY "JUST 1 MORE".& VICIE-VERSIE!
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $19.99 and a foot pump.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No idea.....Never had to use one Mudge the chick magnetSgt. Roberts.....Austin Powers? Is all your taste in your mouth? The best thing Mike Meyers ever did was "Shrek"!!
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 02-16-2002).]
    edited November -1
    Most women I meet don't like guns or hunting. That's just like the bolt closing on a no-go guage in my opinion. I was doing some playing around and I posted a hilarious message on an internet personals page. I talked about my affinity for guns of all makes and calibers and that my favorite location for a date would be in a tree stand together. I got a single response within 24 hours. I fell off my seat. Then I saw the picture. I'd have to hide her from the eskimos or they'd be going after her for the blubber.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never had to figure out a way to ask a girl out on a date. There was always so many girls asking me out, that the thought of me asking a girl out never crossed my mind.
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The prettier she is, the more I treat her like I'm meeting a "normal" person. Trouble is, you can't always "get to know her a little." A lot of times it's that split second or you'll probably never see this stranger again. The reason why looking them in the eye while talking works so well is that they hate it when you're looking down at everything else. They are flattered when you actually seem interested in talking to their face.I once met a girl who seemed bored by saying, "You know, they say, if you're bored you're boring." At least she knew I wasn't putting her on a pedestal. If a girl gets the feeling you don't think you deserve her, she'll assume you're right, because you know yourself better than she does. I think it's most important to be there in the moment and listen and respond. More important than being yourself is letting her be herself. It's harder than it sounds.I think I've used up my quota -- ran out of fingers and toes. I used to work out 3-4 times a week and had a little tan. Now I'm softer and shall we say less lean. Since I don't prefer overweight dates, I don't assume they do either, so I seldom ask a pretty girl out. My problem is that I got over being shy in every area EXCEPT women. I can stand and talk for an hour to a couple thousand people and it makes no difference when it's one to one male-female. My radar is broken so I can't tell if they're interested unless they give some sort of sign. Many women would rather die than give any sign. So who knows how many I've missed out on, just in the last couple of years! I've never been any good at the bars -- I'm not the Lounge Lizard with a Line type. At my age, of course, my doctor (who was in my graduating class) tells me I'm quite normal physically, that it would be abnormal to be in the shape I'd still like to be in. I'd rather be abnormal....
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."
  • PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We celebrated our 18th anniversary this past November. I thought it'd be cool to ask her out on a date to keep things from getting into a rut. I got turned down. I can give advice on guns and Chevys, but women? You're on your own Buckwheat.
    Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason.
  • SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the best way ive found for me personally is if you can make a girl laugh your in.it worked with my wife and it always breaks the ice with shippers recievers and waitresses.dont get any dastes but breaking the ice and starting a conversation is half the ball game aint it?
    SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,NE'ER DO WELL, INSTIGATOR,AND RUSTY WALLACE FAN
  • Hans GrueberHans Grueber Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "No matter how hot they are; someone, somewhere is sick of their S#$T."
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mudge, I personally think Mike Meyers is hillarious, any guy who can do what he does without being self concious is more of a man than I'll ever be. I use to think he was an idiot, but.. I dont know, I guess he grew on me. I dont know about his personal life, but I like his movies.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't beleive mine got Poofed! I didn't think it was bad ... my wife thoutht it was funny so it couldn't have been too bad, I guess I better not repeat it ... Geeez!
    Here's a thought: Let's make criminals responsible for their crimes ... ...Not blame society and the tools they use!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Idsman....tell her you'll show her the "real" Sioux City....the places the tourists never get to see.Sioux Bee Honey, the Jolly Time Popcorn plant, the Meat Packing house....a walk along the fragrant Floyd River....How could any girl resist?
  • songdogsongdog Member Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What ever happened to mail order catalogues?Pick out your shape, size, year and color. Just like a car. HMMMMMsongdog
    Be bold in what you stand for, careful in what you fall for.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    songdog --It's called Match.com now, and you can choose American, Russian, Asian..... Costs money to join up though.
  • Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always liked...How do you like your eggs.
    Remember,"your woman may not find you handsome, But atleast she'll find ya handy". I love that show..............
  • Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So many ladys out there let them ask you out! (unless you are an ugly dog) for compensation a nice car ,gold rings and immitating Punta kinte jibber will do wonders (even for ugly dogs). HE HE HE !
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that a mirror in your pocket,.....cause I can sure see myself in your pants.
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    YOUR ALL WRONG!!!All you need are some tight blue jeans, thunder wear and your Desert Eagle 50AE!
    Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.
    edited November -1
    I like snipermonkey's idea the best so far.
  • Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just offer her cash. You will pay for it in the long run anyway.
  • Hans GrueberHans Grueber Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes I agree, Red Green is a man ahead of his time.