In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Please say hello to a New Member!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Winchester 1912Winchester 1912 Member Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p.muerrle
    Just a quick note to say "hi" to everyone. I am new to this site. As a matter of fact it is the only site I have registered on. I've seen alot of great info on here for collectors and Winchester fans. I've also seen misinformation. Hopefully I can help clear some of it up for you if it falls in my area of expertise. I don't profess to know everything Winchester but what I do know are the facts, either first hand or through ex employees.

Very pleased to meet you Ms.Muerrle. [^][:)][:D][8D]
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome! Nice work.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Pauline,

Welcome to Gunbroker. You and I briefly corresponded several years ago via email. I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to be a contributing member on the "Ask the Experts" forum here on Gunbroker. Additionally, if you do not mind, please contact me at Win1885@msn.com as I would like to speak with you about signing up on a different forum that is much closer to what your interests are.
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    hello, and welcome.

your probarly going to driven mad with questions now[B)][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    p.muerrlep.muerrle Member Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To answer a couple of questions. John Durkin passed away in April of this year. He was one of the finest craftsmen ever employed at Winchester. He was a very close friend of mine. He did numerous guns for celebrities, dignitaries, and the Olin family. Several years ago he developed carpul tunnel in both hands and had to stop working.
    As far as what I engrave, I engrave Winchesters only at this point. I left the Custom Shop in the mid 1980s. I was the last in house engraver and when I left the little work that they were doing at that time was contracted out to me and several others. In the near future I hope to be posting some info about common misconceptions that I constantly hear about Winchesters, especially upgraded guns. I have looked at numerous guns for people over the years and can't believe some of the stories that people have been told about why this gun is "authentic". Hopefully I can help a few people from getting burnt.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shameless plug!

Just kidding!

Welcome to GB!
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p.muerrle
    ... In the near future I hope to be posting some info about common misconceptions that I constantly hear about Winchesters, especially upgraded guns. I have looked at numerous guns for people over the years and can't believe some of the stories that people have been told about why this gun is "authentic". Hopefully I can help a few people from getting burnt.
    Excellent! I look forward to this discussion. This would be worthy of a sticky post. Thanks