In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is your favorite quote?

turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Here is a couple of verbatim quotes; from recent events:"If you cough him up... we'll reconsider what we are doing to your country." George W. Bush"It's a sorry man that would sit during a highjacking now." Donald Avery, an airline passenger[This message has been edited by turbo (edited 10-31-2001).][This message has been edited by turbo (edited 10-31-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    metzmetz Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "PETA sucks"Metz
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is another one,"We just sit in the dark. watching the sky, waiting to die."Jamal Uddin, a vegetable vendor
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The contempt of good reputation is called impudence. Clouder..
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Any Will RogersDon't squat with your spurs on.Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier 'n puttin' it back in.If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roarin'. He kept it up until a huntercame along and shot him...The moral: When you know you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works.If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.Never slap a man who's chewin' tobacco.It don't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.Always drink upstream from the herd.When you give a lesson in meanness to a critter or a person don't be surprised if they learn their lesson.When you're throwin' your weight around, be ready to have it thrown around by somebody else.The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.Never miss a good chance to shut up.There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin'. The few who learn by observation. Therest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Home of the Blue Angels, P'colaSemper Adveho Absconditus
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This
    " Everyone is ignorant, only on different subjects" Will Rogers
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are going to race through that yellow light, make sure the guy in front of you has the same intentions.
  • Options
    bsebastbsebast Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. --Sam LevensoThe first step to wisdom is silence. The second is listening.--author unknown
    Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 bsebast@airmail.net
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    You wouldn`t know,if I told ya.My Father
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Justice will not be served untill thoes who are unaffected are as outraged as thoes who are. (Benjamin Franklin)
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is life so dear? or peace so sweet?as to be paid for with the chains of slavery?Forbid it almighty God!!I care not what another may choose.But as for me..........Give Me Liberty... OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!! Patrick HenryI won't say that's it exact but I know it's close.Another favoriteIt's better to keep ones mouth closed and have people think you might be a fool. Than to open it and remove all doubt.Mark Twain
  • Options
    Andrew AdamsAndrew Adams Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.Gary Hull, High School Football Coach
    When you want to dial long distance...AT&T, .223, or Jeremiah 33.3?Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't go wrong with...
    I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.--Voltare~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    rodgergliderodgerglide Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "That Which Does Not Kill Us Makes Us Stronger" "Some People Go To Church Because They Do Not Want To Go To Hell...Alcoholics Go To Meetings Because They Have Already Been There" "Layla,You Got Me On My Knees"
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A few of my favorites:If at first you don't succeed, to hell with it!If you can't do the time, don't do the crime!If you think you're indispensible, put your foot in a bucket of water, then pull it out. The hole that's left will be the measure of how much you'll be missed.(High School football coach, 1953)Mudge
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    marshdogmarshdog Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It just goes to show, it's always something. Rosanna RosannadannaIt's good to want it builds character. My Dad.
  • Options
    M.OpaliskiM.Opaliski Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A quote from good old Gilda, I liked her.My favorite ..."I've got half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair." Rush Limbaugh
    Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "It's a shame we have to live so long to find out how little we really know".My Dad, shortly before he passed away in 1992.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    well, for the moment, see the quote below
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most anything by Churchill, Franklin, Jefferson. But not published publicly: (a) "Don't understand why any man would tie a rope around his own neck, no matter how pretty it is" & (b) "No one ever argues with a 12 gauge or .45" Quoted by father, attributed to grandfather.
  • Options
    TaipanTaipan Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "God will have mercy, we will not"-John McCain"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other * die for his"-Patton
  • Options
    j2k22j2k22 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the graveyards are full of indispensible men- Charles DeGaulle
  • Options
    ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sent this to my father on the occasion of his 75th birthday. From Mark Twain:"When I left home at 14, my father was the dumbest man I knew. When I returned at 21 I was amazed to see how much the old man had learned in 7 years."
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Always try to land on your feet.If you can't afford to pay cash, you can't afford it.-My Dad
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    "Foul cankering rust the hidden treasure frets, but gold put to use, more gold begets."I'm a Capicorn, can't you tell?
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelI am the NRA, the KABA, NJ Area Rep for the 2ampd, and the AARP :(njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then. - Bob SegerTwenty years of schoolin' and they put ya on the day shift. - Bob DylanI wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes, then you'd know what a drag it is to see YOU. - Bob DylanThe devil damn you black you cream-faced loon. Where got'st thou that goose look? - William ShakespeareBe always sure you're right, then go ahead. -Davy CrockettDid you're parents have any children that lived? I'll bet they regretted that. You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece. - Senior Drill Instructer Hartman (Full Metal Jacket)
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    ibtruknibtrukn Member Posts: 443 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Money on the wood makes the service good, as IB bellied up to the bar at the "budda-bing"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    These are all great, a persons got to appreciate these.Will Rogers undoubtedly, had the best sense of humor.A lot of truth to the others, makes a man really contemplate on the brevity of life and whether he has learned anything from living it.I going to save all these when the list peters out.
  • Options
    ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, I'll shut up after this one."If they put your brain on the edge of a razor blade it would look like a BB rolling down a four lane highway!"
  • Options
    OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When your backs againist the wall, Try to knees on the floor. Let it go...... Doug Jones
    Orphanedcowboy@msn.com
  • Options
    Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WELL DADDY WAS A PARATROOPER SO I HEARD THIS FROM AN EARLY AGE BUT AS I GREW UP AND BECAME A VET INMY OWN RIGHT AND IN TODAYS DAY AND TIMES I THINK IT SAYS VOLUMES ABOUT AMERICAN RESOLVE IT IS ONE WORD: "NUTS" IT WAS GENERAL MCCAULIFFE'S ANSWER TO THE GERMANS DEMAND THAT THE AMERICAN PARATROOPERS IN BASTOGNE FRANCE SURRENDER.IN OTHER WORDS IF YOU CAN TAKE IT TAKE IT IF NOT QUIT RUNNIN YER MOUTH BECAUSE WE WOULD RATHER DIE THAN GIVE IT UP
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
  • Options
    Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GOAHEAD PUNK MAKE MY DAY.OR THE NEXT TIME YOU HANG A MAN YOU BETTER MAKE SURE HE'S DEAD!OR "LOCK AND LOAD"
    "The Constitution of most of our states(and the United States)asserts that all power is inherent in the people;that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."--Thomas Jefferson--
  • Options
    usmc2498215usmc2498215 Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "If at first you don't succeed, DO NOT take up skydiving"!
  • Options
    KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "I hate stupid people!"
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're going to run with the Big Dogs....you can't pee like a puppy.
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well from an unreconstructed Yankee who has taken great delight in tormenting this forum's supporters of the losers of the "War of Southern Stupidity" I have to say that throughout my life I've tried(sometimes unsuccessfully)to live up to the wisdom of the following quote: "Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can never do more; you should never wish to do less." Robert E. LeeSo now all you rebels out there know that this Yankee has been guided by the words of your leader. Beach
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two of my favorites:We are all crazy, some of us just handle it better than others..... Insanity can be defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting the outcome to be different....[This message has been edited by William81 (edited 11-04-2001).]
  • Options
    TED GARTED GAR Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When the bullets fly...people die..I dont make the rules. Don't talk about it..just do it!...Don't listen to me....your going to do what you want anyway...never piss into the wind..
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Good intentions aren't worth a bucket of warm spit"... U.S. Grant
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Keep the South beautiful, put a Palm Beach Democrat on a Northbound bus.
    Got Ammo? will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~[This message has been edited by will270win (edited 11-04-2001).]
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danger is nature's way of ridding the world of imbecilesMudge
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!