In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is your favorite quote?

2»

Comments

• Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    He who is lost hesitates!Good guys die young-bastards live forever!The bottom of lake erie is carpeted with the foolish!Good judgement dissolves in ignorance![This message has been edited by alledan (edited 11-05-2001).]
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "If I thought it would help...I'd pi$$ on a spark plug"
  • Options
    TED GARTED GAR Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BETTER TO DIE IN BATTLE..THAN TO GROW SO OLD.. THAT, YOU PISS YOUR PANTS...[This message has been edited by TED GAR (edited 11-04-2001).]
  • Options
    Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Better To Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6
  • Options
    roysharoysha Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Donde mortando esta merano?"Forgive the spelling. It's been years and years since I have studied Spanish so I'm not sure.Asked of someone when they are butting into your job and telling you how to do it. "Who's killing this here pig?" Used to work with a Mexican mechanic and whenever I butted, in he would throw that at me. Worked every time.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    "Look at a man in the midst of doubt and danger and you will learn in his hour of adversity what he really is." -Lucretius
  • Options
    Michael J.Michael J. Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "trying is the first step toward failure" -Homer simpson"as suddle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal" and "I say boy you look worse than two miles of bad road"-Foghorn LeghornMike
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ponder these my good men/women.Luck is the residue of hard work.Luck is what happens when opportunity meets preparation.Confiscius say;..to be a master fisherman, one must first be a master baiter. LOL
  • Options
    speedfreak32speedfreak32 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?"
    "I sued the manufacturer because the product did exactly what it was intended to do."
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An ugly trial is better than a beautiful funeral.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of my favorites is:Having a No Smoking section in a restraunt is like having a No Peeing section in a swimming pool!But my all time favorite is:TOLD YOU SO!
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An aged Winston Churchill was once pulled aside by a butler and told that his fly was open. "Oh, don't worry," Winston replied, "a dead bird never falls from the nest."
  • Options
    HerbyJrHerbyJr Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's my favorite:WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.You gotta love it!H.
    Just a single opinion from God's country."When you get the opportunity to control more of your own future, grab it with both hands." -Henry Bowman [This message has been edited by HerbyJr (edited 11-06-2001).]
  • Options
    Norman DogNorman Dog Member Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Behold the Moth, whose foolish wings do flitIn close proximity to candle litLike mortal Man, poor Moth discoversYa fool around, ya lose yer 'druthers-Wiley the poetRev it up and steer straight ahead!-Cowboy Marty UptonThere are three good reasons for owning a gun:1.-To defend your family.2.-To kill dangerous and/or delicious animals.3.-To keep the King of England outta your face!-Moe the bartenderOoh! That won't look good on your Permanent Record!-Saxon Pig
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Motto from Helen Keller:"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."Bonne Chasse!
    Ken
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Your about as useless as teats on a boar hog"There are a few people in the news I'd like to throw that one at.LOL
  • Options
    gars320gars320 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Do Not Regret Growing Old, It Is A Privilege Denied To Many"From a sampler I saw on someones wall once. Makes a lot more sense the older I get.ndbilly: That was the greatest putdown I have heard in years, 'Your brain on the edge of a razorbleade ...BB on a 4 lane highway'though I was going to die laughing
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    General Chesty Puller upon hearing that he and his men were on a little hill ... surrounded during the Korean Warr."Great, we can shoot any direction!"
    Ken
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Was it you who did the pushin',Left the spots upon the cushion,Left the footprints on the dashboard upside down?Was it you who screwed my Nellie,Left that baby in her belly?Well if it was, you'd best be leavin' town.Yes t'was I who did the pushin',Left the spots upon the cushion,And the footprints on the dashboard upside down.But since I screwed your darling Venus,I've had trouble with my *,So I guess that makes us even all around.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend's two favoritesYou can't make chicken salad out of Chicken$#!+....There is a Lid for every Jar....The second one is used when he sees a couple that do not look like they have anything in common....
  • Options
    Michael J.Michael J. Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Great, we can shoot in any direction" ...LOL I love it.Is it just me or is this an awesome thread ?Mike
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An ole cowboy quote:"If I'd a just known, I was goin to live this long; I would of taken better care of myself."
  • Options
    AlerionAlerion Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The principle feature of American liberalism is sanctimoniousness. By loudly denouncing all bad things - war and hunger and date rape - liberals testify to their own terrific goodness. More important, they promote themselves to membership in a self-selecting elite of those who care deeply about such things. . . . It's a kind of natural aristocracy, and the wonderful thing about this aristocracy is that you don't have to be brave, smart, strong or even lucky to join it, you just have to be liberal.- P. J. O'Rourke
  • Options
    gad38gad38 Member Posts: 179
    edited November -1
    I like to bulls**t as much as the next guy, but I've got work to do!!!!........Greg
  • Options
    Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't fart in a sleeping bag unless you are hungry.
  • Options
    Norman DogNorman Dog Member Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just saw this on the Darwin Awards Site:"I did not go to his funeral, but I wrote a nice letter saying I approved of it." -Mark Twain
  • Options
    LF 1940LF 1940 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This one came from a dear family friend. I'll be going to his funeral in the morning. He passed away last Saturday. When talking about eating something or drinking something he'd always say, "Won't hurt ya, besides maybe helping ya some."When it was clouding up he'd say "It isn't going to rain it's just making shade." Lewis Shiflet, 1919-2001
  • Options
    sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the best one, from my MOTHER... Dinner's ready, come and get it.
    Have Gun, will travel
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't wait for your ship to come inif you haven't sent one out
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From an old mechanic, Ex navy seal, I worked with; "Your just like a billy goat!, you got a hard head, and stinkin rear end."
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always liked that other one by Chesty Puller: "We're surrounded, that simplifies the situation."
  • Options
    Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Convince a fool against his will and he'll be of the same opinion still.I feel just like the lightening-bug that hit the electric fan, delighted I,m just like a mosquito at a nudist camp, Ijust don't know where to begin. About as effective as a one-legged man at aa#$%&**s kicking contest. I feel like a man that has already come a lot further than I've got left to go. My dear mother (rest her soul) used to tellher children when they made the remark that if something didn't happen they would surelygo crazy. Well I won't bother to pack you a lunch.
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    "Everybody's someone elses weirdo."
  • Options
    bsebastbsebast Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will both get dirty...and the pig likes it. --author unknown
    Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 bsebast@airmail.net
  • Options
    bsebastbsebast Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will both get dirty...and the pig likes it. --author unknown
    Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29 bsebast@airmail.net
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My father before he died."Son,don't let anyone pi$$ in your face and tell you that it's raining!"
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My father before he died."Son,don't let anyone pi$$ in your face and tell you that it's raining!"And son it's better to be a smart * than a dumb *!!!