In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Usernames, where do they originate?

mcneely77mcneely77 Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Hey, I just did a search for an old topic, and found out that you can search by username. I got to lookin at all the members names listed, and saw some great usernames. Mine is rather boreing compared to some of yours, but I don't want to loose my star He He by starting over with a new one. How did some of you come up with your usernames?

IALEFI, ASLET, NRA and all around good guy.

Comments

• Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is the first letter of my first name and the last part is my last name
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "THE BACKWOODSMAN"
    America's #1 Woodsrunning Magazine

I also go by GSHOOTIST some places, that's shootist preceeded by th 1st letter of my last name.

Woods

How big a boy are ya?
  • Options
    budmottbudmott Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is my real honest to God name.
    Never did get into Cybernames. Or,
    maybe I could use my old CB handle.
    Later,
    Dracula
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    It's what I ride.

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    The PatriotThe Patriot Member Posts: 59
    edited November -1
    I saw the movie and felt what it must have been like too make a stand!
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It matches my initials in real life (or is this real life?) and I thought it was cool to think of the blade that sliced the Gordian Knot. The "ian" ending is meaningful to my ethnic heritage; sometimes it is spelled "Gordion" instead. Then again, sometimes I think it's a little too pretentious. But with almost three stars, I'm not changing now!
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For some reason my favorite superhero was always Green Lantern. So I picked it and that's that!
  • Options
    Mr. LoboMr. Lobo Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Lobo Mountains in Southern Calif bring back some great memories of childhood hunting trips.

Jim
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    my old CB handle was already taken so I added my year of birth to it

Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I usually go by A-bolt or 270a-bolt (which is my favorite
    gun). abolt was (is) already being used. So being from
    south louisiana , what else but coonass.....there's not
    many places where you can put your boat over from one
    landing and fresh\salt water fish, hunt ducks and deer
    all on the same tank of gas.............coonass
  • Options
    the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a mystery is refuge for an obstructionist...

"let not your work smack of the trowel, nor your words cause a blow from one either..."

Edited by - the loveable rat... on 04/14/2002 19:53:56
  • Options
    chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is actually a typo. It is supposed to be "Chappysny," but I transposed the y and s when I was setting up my forum account. Chappys was a restauraunt in Watertown, NY (hence the _____NY) I used to go to about 5 times a week back when I lived in NY to sit and drink coffee with my friends until 4 in the morning.

Color me nostalgic

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"
  • Options
    muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is self explanatory. Stubborn to the core.
    Patriot....I saw your movie again yesterday for the umpteenth time. I wish they would stop showing it, I can't seem to watch anything else when it is on.
    muley
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Uh, well let's see......I was a police officer in NJ, then I retired and bought a computer, so I thought up this really neat name. At my age it's not good to get too fancy and try to remember too much, lol.
    Keep it simple is my motto........I think. Funny I can't remember my motto now.

-Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Retiring from the Post Office got rid of the dis.
  • Options
    biggunrbiggunr Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In a former life I was a 6' 260lb Guner's Mate in the Nav. Nowadays they don't let me blow things up, but I did keep the nickname
  • Options
    SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    Im a carpenter by trade and it just seemed to make sense at the time
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine was suposed to be knifecollector. Carried over from E-bay. Somehow the user got tangled up in it. I never tried to fix it.
  • Options
    DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Favorite combination of two songs

DarkStar11"Now is the test of the boomerangtossed in the night of redeeming"
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Probably doesn't need an explanation!! I love long distance shooting, accurate guns and there are a lot of these targets out there and when you bust one in a cow pasture or hay field or horse paddock you've done the landowner a service. Don't shoot many before the middle of May (unless they are located in a place where you won't be able to shoot them during the summer months), cause you need to have some targets next year!!! GHD (groundhog evastation)
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    groundhog devestation....you have one of the most descriptive and evocative names of anyone on this board!!!! Whenever I read your name I see exploding groundhogs!!! Beach
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took the name of a rare animal found in the woods of the Northeast. The SALZO is a docile animal,but when provoked, it will bite you in the *.

Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Otoman, because I like semi-Automatic Rifles and Pistols. Spelling it with a "O" just seemed kind of clever at the time. OTO

KIMBER: Pistol du jour
  • Options
    smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like to shoot, but that name was already taken. So I chose what I like to shoot, my smokinggun.
  • Options
    davcondavcon Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First three letters of my first name, first three of my last name. I also used it on my dba.
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    That's what my daughter first called me- It was her 1st word she ever said. daddo!
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey dano--there's a strip joint down in Denison, IA that I've been told about. It's called "Dano's" but we just refer to it as "Book Em's".

Whenever one of the recruiters from our office spends a little too much time with an applicant in Denison, we always ask him how much time he spent at "Book-Em's" when he gets back. I haven't been down that way yet but I'll be sure to get a digital photo of the front of the place and post it here in your honor.

With regards to my username..."75" is the year I was born. "ids" comes from an old duty position I held at Fort Lewis, WA once. I was one of the "Intrusion Detection Systems" monitors. It was a glorified name for a less-than-glorious job for a lowly PFC. Everyone else was screwing up and getting relieved from duty because they couldn't spent 8 whole hours paying attention to all of the security systems at their computer stations. I was one of the only monitors that didn't get relieved. Hence, I was the IDS MAN.

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Beachmaster73, Want to make it even more graphic? Picture a groundhog lying on the mound at his den facing you at about 200yds. He raises his head and now you have a head and neck fully exposed facing you at full straigtforward angle. You sqeeze the trigger on a Reminton 700 25-06 loaded with 90grain Winchester Positive Expanding Point bullet that enters afforementiond groundhog just under chin. Groundhog prooceeds to turn about 2.5 flips in mid air and then is deposited on ground a good 4-5 feet beyond previous perch!! That is the picture that comes to mind everytime I type "GHD"!! There were 2 people present on that spring day in 1976 who had remarks that can't be posted here. They both went on to buy 25-06's and to this day the gun that did this is known to my freinds as "DEVASTATION SUPREME", "DS" for short. Even my wife knows what I'm talking about when "DS" is mentioned. GHD
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD....and here I was so proud of my little .22-250. I get red mist and with your 25-06 YOU get backflips and somersaults!!! I'm envious! Beach

P.S. Maybe I'll have to look into one of those 25-06's. A guy I know on the US Palma Team has one and swears it is the greatest cartridge ever designed. Beach
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In a previous life experience I use to restore and do custom paint work and pinstripping on sportscars, streetrods, semis, gunstocks, and anything else that needed dressing up...an employer hung the nickname "Rembrandt the Artist" on me....seemed to follow me around still to this day....
  • Options
    DonldDonld Member Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was in my mid 20's, I needed to get a passport, and when I handed my birth certificate to the lady at the county office, she peered up at me and said, "What IS your first name?" That was the first time anyone noticed that my mother had left out the "a" in "Donald" when she filled out my birth certificate (she later claimed that she was still under the infulence of drugs). I had visions of having to repeat high school, my military service, and college all over again, but the only real result was that, when combined with a rather unusual last name, it gave me a unique, easily rememembered name.
  • Options
    skipjackoneskipjackone Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    CaptBlackDawgCaptBlackDawg Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im the captain of a mighty sea fairin vessel an have a mean ugly black dog.Some of the mates think the poor pooch is rabid and extremely vicious. But the dog is a goodin but just dont pat him on the head or he will piddle all over the deck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Beachmaster, Don't pull the plug on the 250!!!!!! I've killed more groundhogs than mine or your truck could haul with a 700 Varmint in 22-250. It's just that the 25-06 was more, shall we say, "Ridicoulsly Devastating", I only used to get "DS" out if I had an over 400yd shot. That day the 200 yd shot was made I didn't have the 250 with me so "DS" got to do the honors on a short shot!!! The 22-250 is one of the most awesome calibers ever devised!! The 25-06 is the unarguable king of the varmint to deer to elk to bear to whatever you want to shoot one gun if I could only own one(GOD HELP ME) calibers to ever come about!! Mr. Neidner was a genious!! GHD
  • Options
    ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When the family farm had to incorporate, It needed it's owne Identity. My X sister in-law thought we were all a bunch of wise- acres. So my brother called it Y's Acres Farms. Y being the frist letter of my last name.

A hot barrel, is a warm fuzzy feeling.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1
    GUESS!

Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidn
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe mine is self explanatory.
    Ruger P-85

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NUNN;
    You want us to guess?
    A Black and White Habit come to mind. Do you know the Flying Nunn?

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    Beau was the name of my stud Beagle, we called him boeboe. He ran off a while back, never came back, but his memory lives in in my user name.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    V35 is the airplane I had a ten year love affair with and my password is the N-number. Both are easy to remember and hard to guess.