In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Favorite .22 you've shot?

2»

Comments

• DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marlin Golden 39A, Was the most accurate .22 I ever owned...So far!

"I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY"
  • 625625 Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With or without a scope, I favor my BSA Martini Mk III's. Outstanding workmanship, and very accurate.

mk3s1.jpg

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    "USMC 2531, 8652, RVN Jun 66 - May 68"

avitar.jpg

Some of my pics
    http://personal.swayzee.com/jayb/index.html
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Springfield ,Savage or Stephens 87 A.This is a Semi Automatic Bolt Action. (Huh)
    standard.jpg

standard.jpg

It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    #1. My dad's Win. 74 in .22 short.
    #2. My Rem. 582.

Woodstock.gif
    "Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now so I can buy more guns and ammo."
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester model 1906
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    Even though I have an example of most of the Winchesters mentioned, my favorite to shoot is my J. C. Higgins Model 31.

Hey, Suspension, is your 77 a clip-fed or tube-fed? I bought a really nice 77 tube-fed today at a great price.
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pistol: Hi - Standard Military H-D ... shot one a lot as a kid with my Dad

Pump: Remington Fieldmaster ... got one as a kid for Christmas!

Bolt: Springfield JR ... shot and still have my Dad's .22 a Springfield JR!

Lever: Winchester Model 94 ... man ya just gotta love the look, the feel, the durability the fun built into those rifles.

Thanks for asking ... kinda brought back some good memories![:)]
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, yes, I just remembered ... my Dad's .22 a Springfield JR bolt action was also his Dad's rifle.[:)]
  • jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For some reason I love a little 514 single shot Remington, I got off my brother and refinished. There's a lot of better guns out there but I love shooting the little single shot. Brings back memories I guess.

fc6cb6ef.gif
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ATF your post of the springfield brought a tear to my eye I just sold my 87 it was the best 22 ever bar nun.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
  • trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thompson Center semi-auto.It shot very sweet and consistant.I do like my old Ruger 10/22 though the Thompson just had e better over all feel to it.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    My favorite is the little Browning I won in a sales contest (I bought the scope)...

Browning%2022%20sm.JPG

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    elect1mike,their a great .22 I had one about thirty years ago and never found another .22 after I sold it that I liked This included the 10/22 Ruger.I now have two of the Springfield 87As.
    [^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^]

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif
    It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • marebearmarebear Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had a variety of them from various dealings. enjoyed them all. I'll try to list them in the order of favorite to least favorite.
    Savage 23: Full of tap holes from a previous owner, shot very well. Traded away but wished I still had it or at least a replacement in better shape.[:D][:D]
    Browning A-bolt: beautiful and very accurate. picked up for 250.00 with a twin .22 mag also for 250.00[:D][:D][8D]
    Winchester 9422: FUN, Sold[:)][?]
    TC Semi auto: accurate , great wood , cycling problems. Traded but wished i still had it.[:)]
    Kimber 82: almost as attractive as the A-bolt but not quite as accurate in my hands.Sold[:)]
    Ruger 77/22 Heavy barrel , laminate stock, Grey finish. Really a nice looking and shooting gun. didn't always chamber well.Sold[:)]
    Ruger 77/22 nice gun , good wood. sold[:)]
    Ithaca 49: Beat up but fun. sold[:)]
    Marlin : Traded. Didn't really endear itself to me.[:(]

Wished I had most of them back.Usually needed cash to pay for graduate classes.
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These are my favorite.
    1. Winchester Model 68. Because it was the first gun that I learned to shoot.
    2. Marlin Model 80. Because it was won by my father in a shooting contest that he won with the above mentioned Model 68. It has had the barrel floated, there are counter weights set into the forestock, the barrel has been chopped to what is the minimum length that will allow maximum velocity for a .22 and my dad hand checkered the stock, quite well I might add.
    3. Ruger 10/22. I have never had much faith in the accuracy of semi-auto rifles until I finally shot a friend of mines 10/22. I went and got one and have not made any modifications to it. I couldn't be happier with it's accuracy and reliability.
    4. High Standard 10-X You won't find a better shootin .22 handgun.
    10-X.jpg[img][/img]221.jpg
    Fort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    I love my little Henry lever action .22

aliens.jpg
  • chorkiechorkie Member Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Browning BL-22 (lever action) that my Mom gave me. It has killed many hundreds of Arizona jackrabbits.

???
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am with ATF on this Springfield 67 all the way first gun i ever shot and i loved a Colt Saeur Stagecouch i had one tike

stupid people should not be allowed to breed
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love my CZ 452-2E ZKN, bolt action single shot. The wife loves her Ruger Mark VII.[:)][:)]

It must be right, or we wouldn't do it this way!
  • hondohondo Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Browning T Bolt. Very accurate and lots of memories.........Hondo
  • TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I grew up shooitng my Dad's Remington Nylon 66 MB and many have priceless memories from those times.

I now have two of my own and one I "built" for my 5yoa son when he is old enough that looks brand new.

I do love the Nylons.

Pretty fond of my Remington 581 and 514 also.

Justice through Valor

"Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war" Psalm 144