In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Go-Kart Transmissions with Reverse

2»

Comments

• Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Wildman

You better stop in next time up north

Would appreciate pictures of the Wold Creek circus ride.

Little Mo is an "non-navigatable river" by US Fed Dist court so I don't know if the corps have any control. But I will check it out.

I would feel a little different if Bear Paw was just a little more inclined to be a good neighbor.
  • Options
    texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I understand the Bear Paw issue (God don't i understand it!) - we have to deal with that constantly. they pretty much do things their own way and have the only ball game in town. we have some real stories with them....

As far as navigatable, it doesn't matter to the Corp. and 404 permitting. i had to get a permit to cross Elk Creek just west of you. It is a watershed issue and a "dredge and fill" thing. You are not allowed to hold back or alter water courses that are corp jurisdictional without some severe permitting. The Little Mo is completely Corp jurisdictional. However, Bear Paw normally does things (permit wise only) mostly by the book, so they probably have a permit of some sort. question would be, was it constructed properly - according to their permit. If it changed things downstream or upstream - chances are it was not.

I wish i had the time to stop last time up, but had a meeting in Williston that afternoon and we were running a bit late because we had to go around the river crossing and to Medora. i will catch you next time. BTW is saw where Dakota Doug's Ranch was for sale (just north of the Park) Only 2 mil$$$! for 2300+ ac - he has a heck of a bridge and house on the river!

I am ..... gone huntin'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wildman

hmmmm. I may have to check those corps permits. Leverage is what I would like. They become very pushy at the corporate level. I just don't like bullies.

Thanks for the clue.

My friend is one... who takes me for what I am.
    Henry David Thoreau

"If you do not allow yourself to find a positive way to get through the difficult times, you will become bitter. If you stay bitter, you do not get better." -- Joan Brock
  • Options
    texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    got anything you would like me to look at - just shoot me an email. good luck - leaverage is good.

I am ..... gone huntin'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dennis --

touche'

My friend is one... who takes me for what I am.
    Henry David Thoreau

"If you do not allow yourself to find a positive way to get through the difficult times, you will become bitter. If you stay bitter, you do not get better." -- Joan Brock
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ari,

Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a .pdf of the catalog I received yesterday. I can't put an attachment going through GB e-mail I guess.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.