In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Would you take your wifes last name?

2»

Comments

• Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    I would be proud to have my wife's father's last name. He is a h!ll of a man. You can change your name legally when you get marries guys just like women do. Law allows it.

Here is the twist for me. My last name is on about 15 pages in phone books in Minneapolis and in my community of 7000 there are three of us not related with the same first and last names.

My wife's maiden name is her family name from the old country - very unique. My last name is not a family name as the norskies always added son to the father's name, so I should be Normanson if I was really following family tradition.

But we are pretty traditionalist in this house. My wife took my last name. My wife used her maiden name a second middle name for awhile but there was not enough room on computer forms to accomodate all that.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    If I was going to do it I would keep mom's name alive

Peter M Tacconelli
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't like hyphenated names. Seems pretentious to me.

I would not change my name. If my wife CHOOSES to take my name she can. If not, she can go by her maiden name. Up to her.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I should have taken my first wife's name. Lord knows she took everything of mine!

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.