In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who would you have run for president??

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
With all the talk about the primaries here's a question for everybody. Of all the people who never have or never will run for president, who would you like to see run??

My first choice

Alan Simpson, the retired senator from Wyoming. I always respected him as a speaker. I never doubted his beliefs or that he would act in an ethical manner. He just seemed to call a spade a spade with no talking around an issue.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif

Comments

• trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lee Iaccocca. Not a politician, raised millions to restore the statue of liberty with nothing personal to gain. Lead Chrysler corp. to where they are today. America could use him. I just hope he's not a commie and I don't know what I'm talking about. I've read both his books, years ago, and I dont' recall him being a commie.

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    John McCain. Should have been our president in the first place.

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    mr. heston n.r.a

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    mr. heston n.r.a

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tom Tancredo from Colorado.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To begin with, Don't get me started on John McCain. He and Kerry are two of a kind. That #$%&*>!
    JUST DON'T!
    Besides, he doesn't count. He did run for President in 2000.

Yeah...Alan Simpson would have made a "Take no prisoners", "Kick * and take names" Prez. I can see it now:
    Putin would be groveling, Chirac would be reduced to a whimpering mass of quiche, and Saddam would have been hung up by his privates by now.

Mudge the amused

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    John McCain. The positive side way outways any negative. His loyalty while being tortured is proof to me that he will put the country before his own intrest.

I would have said Pabooger but that photo of him in bed with three women would come back to haunt him.[:D]

Mad Dog
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    Alfred E. Neumann
  • ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam Nunn, former Democrat Senator from Georgia. Only D I would have voted for in the last 30 years. Still don't know why he hung it up and dropped off the planet when he did.
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    I can't believe it!Nobody said Al Sharpton.Now don't you think he is just what this country needs?With Jesse as vice prez.We could all go on welfare.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I axed you not to get me started on McCain.
    His "loyalty" while being tortured proves nothing. What choices did he have? He damn sure couldn't leave. So, he has a very high threshold of pain.
    It's what he's done while in the Senate that pi$$es me off. Children, can you spell CAMPAIGN FINANCE REFORM? The most devestating damage to the First Amendment you'll ever see. He's the darling of the liberal media.

Mudge the angry

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jennifer Lopez or Puff Daddy(P.Diddy)

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pabooger [:D]

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
    IMG_8700.jpg
  • 11thcanopy11thcanopy Member Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one, the only, the peoples choice, if he's still alive,,,,,Pat Paulson.....
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pabooger's got my vote.[:D]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you guys serious with McCain? If he was able to do to the First what he did as a mere Senator, imagine what he could do to all the rest of our "rights" as President.

As for me, the last Presidential Primary here in New York, I voted for Alan Keyes . . . so that outta tell you where I am on the spectrum!
  • 0341USMC0341USMC Member Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pres. Chesty Puller
    V.Prss Carlos Hathcock

0341USMC
    SEMPER FI
    Christian
    American
    heterosexual
    PRO GUN
    conservative
    Any Questions?
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    If it could be anyone I think I'd take John Wayne. I don't immagine anyone would so much as sneeze in our direction. Could you immagine Big John at some fancy shin dig and he over hears Jockstrap Chirac bad mouthing the United States. It would be like,

JW: "Excuse me, I take exception to what you just said mister and if you don't appologise in a timely fashion, Im gonna beat the he L L out of you.

Chirac: I'm

JW: Too late, POW!

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd take a gamble with Ross Perot again, provided I got to grill him on the issues (firearms rights and the Second Amendment being the first thing, rescinding the asinine Patriot/Gestapo Acts next, dumping NAFTA third, kicking the illegals out of the country fourth) and liked his answers...
  • RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any "Frog" from any swamp could and would be better than what we have to choose from. Too Bad we, as Voters, never get to spend hours pondering our decision because all of the candidates are so capable, etc., that you just can't select the "Best" because they all are.........NOT!!!

Just keep Voting "against" the other candidate and we still get a POS!!!

I Miss The World I Grew Up In!
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I expect a lot of flack about this but I remember his demeanor, bearing, loyalty, intellegence, and deplomacy during the Reagan years.

I would back Ollie North.
  • ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RancheroPaul - Seems many of us have been voting against rather than for someone for some time. I voted for John Clark in '76, Libertarian in '80 and '84 and then began voting for the candidate I believed would do the least harm to those political beliefs I hold dearest. Haven't pro-actively voted for a President, Congressional Rep., Senator or state official in years. Maybe it's the result of single issue politics. Like this guy or that girl except for their position on gun control or abortion or whatever. I sure as hell didn't create the beast but am just as surely stuck with it.
  • Ghost Town PosseGhost Town Posse Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Orrin Porter Rockwell[8D] or even better Wyatt Earp[:D]

Someday when I'm cool I'll have a .50
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Ron Paul!

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem as stated is he has to be alive, never have run & stupid enough to take the job. That leaves noone that I can think of.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Michael E. Cook, Coos County, Oregon Sheriff (ret.)
    His stand on gun control.
    http://www.warroom.com/oregon.htm

I am almost surprised that it took as long as it did for Ron Paul's name to come up.
    I would vote for him.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Did you say RuPaul"??

I'm up for Oliver North.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Bill Bennett

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Wayne LaPierre
  • houndog55houndog55 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zell Miller of Ga.A great man and leader and is no tax and spend liberal.

David Collins
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Did you say RuPaul"??

No, I said Ron Paul, of Texas. The most pro-constitutional politician I've ever seen.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    uhhm to bad he's dead, but Gen. Patton?

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    ME!

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mudge: Better study up on the guy you hate. He was given the choice to leave when they found out he was a Big Shots kid (just like DubYah was given the choice of National Guard duty as he pleased). He said no unless the rest got to go too. So he stayed. If you want someone not to get started, Do not get me going on Little Georgy. I promise you that I can sling more trash on Dubyah than you can on McCain.[;)]

Mad Dog
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Who would you have run for president??

Emmitt Smith.

Run, Emmitt, Run!!

Cowboy%20Star%20Sm.jpg

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    I don't mind Pat Buchanan all that much.
    I could live with Ross Perot, too.

But really, if you want the best leader this country's ever seen, pick a man who's NOT a politician! Just principled and intelligent and competent.

Once they get that politician's mindset, they'll sell their nuts for an endorsement.[V]

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up all of them, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in," I would have." -Sen. Dianne Feinstein

feinstein2.bmp
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Timothy O'Brien. My U.S. History AP teacher. Great guy and has some awsome theories on how the government should be run. Very commen sense stuff...

sniper.gif
    koreaAnim.gifUN.bmp

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • chorkiechorkie Member Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chuck Yeager!!!

???
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with Dave W.

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!