In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who would you have run for president??

2»

Comments

• cat-mechaniccat-mechanic Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mateomasfeo, Emmitt Doesn't have a Cowboy Jersey anymore. The Arizona Cardinals have him now. Not that it helped them at all.

Nothing runs like a Deere, With a CAT on its *
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always kinda liked Ann Richards..If you Texans know of her faults, I stand corrected.....Chuck Yeager is a good one though..

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    quote:I don't mind Pat Buchanan all that much.
    A wholehearted endorsement if ever I heard one, Bullz!

I could certainly get behind Buchanan.
    He has been warning of the illegal immigration nightmare for decades.
    What was once labeled "racist extremism", now seems sage.

I think Ron Paul might be a better choice though.
    We need his UN policies and Constitutional beliefs.

The Bush administration sends tens of thousands of American military to protect the sovereignty of nations around the world, while trading our own sovereignty to Mexico so his "oil buddies" can help privatize the Mexican oil industry!
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When Newt Gingrich was the Speaker of the House and had the brilliant success with the contract with America, he was being hounded to run. Then the Dems derailed him over money for a book deal -- like politicians don't write books? Since then he's been on the speaking circuit and it's patently obvious he is tremedously intelligent and knows American history as well as Patton knew military history. I would have liked to see Newt go further but now he's poison in some folks' opinion. It's clear he's still busy with the Party under the media radar, though.

As a Republican, McCain makes a very good loose cannon.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tapwater
    I always kinda liked Ann Richards..If you Texans know of her faults, I stand corrected.....Chuck Yeager is a good one though..

I'm not Texan, but wasn't she the Govenor when the Branch Davidians were massacred?
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by tapwater

I'm not Texan, but wasn't she the Govenor when the Branch Davidians were massacred?

yup.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Mateomasfeo, Emmitt Doesn't have a Cowboy Jersey anymore. The Arizona Cardinals have him now. Not that it helped them at all.

Emmitt will ALWAYS be a Dallas Cowboy!

Cowboy%20Star%20Sm.jpg

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,302 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Al Gore, just kidding.
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ron Jeremy.

Seriously, though, I think we could do better if we just raffled off the office to some random guy. Pick 'em from jury pool lists. The standard limitations apply (35 or older, born citizen), and if someone says "no thanks", go down the list and pick another. Actually, we could pick ALL elected officials this way. This is not radical, the ancient Athenians did this, too.

"Go to Lakedaemon, stranger passing by;
    And say there, that in obedience to her law, here we lie"
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We could do like the Communists did & shoot all the losers. Makes the elections much simpler.
  • schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not John Kerry, It looks like his face is sliding off his head. If he is not careful he might step on his eyebrows.

Be responsible
    Be intelligent
    Be REPUBLICAN
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ron Paul or Tom Tancredo. If Zel Miller were the nominee, I might even cast my first vote for a Democrat (as opposed to DemoCrap, as in "Kerry, Klinton, et. al.") in a Presidential election

McCain? I'd likely vote for Kerry first! Second mudge on the effect of the alleged "Campaign Reform" Act . . . the people who voted for that, and the Justices who upheld it, should be drug out into the street and hung from the nearest light pole. McCain should be the first, with some refinements which nunn would poof! The alleged "Patriot Act" ain't much better, either.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Iconoclast
    Ron Paul or Tom Tancredo. If Zel Miller were the nominee, I might even cast my first vote for a Democrat (as opposed to DemoCrap, as in "Kerry, Klinton, et. al.") in a Presidential election

McCain? I'd likely vote for Kerry first! Second mudge on the effect of the alleged "Campaign Reform" Act . . . the people who voted for that, and the Justices who upheld it, should be drug out into the street and hung from the nearest light pole. McCain should be the first, with some refinements which nunn would poof! The alleged "Patriot Act" ain't much better, either.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)

Dang! Someone actually posted something that I agree with 100%.[:D]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif