In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

incident at work today

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
For the past 6 weeks one of the guys who works at the plant has been tailgating me into work!!! He is always almost late everyday as he starts at 6:00 and I start at 6:30!! I always travel the speed limit or faster!! Ive hit the brakes to make him back off and he just flips me off! Ive been ignoring this as best I could but today he did it again!!

I walked over to his car and proceeded to tell him if he didn't get off my * he was gonna get a handfull of Marbles in the hood! He opened his door and hit me in the chest with his mirror! I proceeded to tell the dirt bag if he didn't back off I was gonna rip everydamm hair out of his frickin head!!! He knows me well enough to know that I was serious! I then backed off and went into work!

His wife was with him and she turned my * into the company for harassment! So I ended getting called upstairs!! I explained the situation to the employee relations manager and I was told that they would be getting back to me!!

I had all I could do to keep from dropping the frickin idiot!!! He has had several altercations with other people in the plant as well! He's a real piece of work his wife picked him up at the local carnival a few years back, he's your typical carny piece of trash!!!

Damm Im still pissed!!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who has more write ups(warnings), him or you?
    Is your Job in Jeopardy?

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I have no writeups or warnings Im not sure about him!!! I don't think my job is in jeopardy we had two guys get into a fight a month ago and they were just verbaly warned!!!

I never laid a hand on the dude!! Just more or less told him he was gonna get his butt whooped if he didn't back off!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good luck with it. A couple months back I had someone drive me off the road on the way back from lunch, and it happened to be a guy who works on the floor below me. I jockeyed him back into the lane he was coming from, and kept going. He met me in the parking lot and started mouthing off, which led to a shoving match, which he started before getting broken up by another guy in the company. no reports were filed, but we've made sure to keep our distance since.

If your coworker has had other altercations, get the folks who he's had run-ins with to back you up in case mgmt tries to come down on you for it. Show them that it's a pattern with this other twit.
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Keep your cool man, don't let the dirtbag get under your skin and get you in trouble where you work. Its better to befriend him and take him out for a beer and then beat the piss out of him when nobody is around to witness it. Then you just grin at him and ask if he'd like you to buy him another beer when he gets in your way at work.[}:)]

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to your local police department, tell them how he is always following too close, and tell them when you drive to work and on which road ask them to sit and wait. The next time you drive by with him tailgating have them pull him over.

Other than that the marbles sound like one plan. Just be prepared to actually go at it when you get to work. Or else meet him out of work.

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Good things come to he who waits. Don't get into a crap throwing contest until you have enough ammo to go the distance. Start to keep a little journal noting time and dates of ANY incidents with the carny and his onager. I admire your restraint in this matter and think that I may have acted in a more harsh (and wrong) manner had it been me. Believe me that little dab of ink in a journal is a whole lot better than memory and can show a trend of problems. Incidents that are noted by date and time are much more believable if you can remember who, what, where and when.

And above all "don't get mad get even" but only after a suitable cooling off period.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Golfballs Pa. Toss a couple out the window when he's behind you and watch the show in the mirror.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Next time you go to work, go 15 under the speed limit. When he tries to pass you, gun it.

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I personally Like to slow down, get on the shoulder, nail the gas, and watch gravel shower the vehicle in my rearview. Only works on soft shoulders(obviously). It's also fun to go slow when he can't pass and above the limit when he can. Really confuses them. I bet he won't tail you anymore though, since you already let him know you'd pummell his brains if he did.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I would say that the next time he is tail gating turn your lights on. It will look to him as if you are putting the brakes on. I would tell the company that he attacked you when he opend the door. You should have told the company sooner but being the kind sweet person you are you thought you would let it go. If they know you as we do they wont buy it but they will have to consider it. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to borrow my diesel. Let him get close and WHAMMO.. black soot he gets to breathe. Seriously he has a witness with him if the wife is with him. Sounds like he wants to intimidate you by tailgating. What goes on outside the factory is not the factories business. Simply just call the law next time the incident happens. Law will do report of tailgating , talk to the jerk and file it. Second time they will not be happy showing up. Ask the second time for the same officer or show the report the first time. Maybe he needs to go to the denist for some mouth repair.
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take notes and hand them out rope.. They always hang themselves..

Chihuahua_mexican.gif
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    dang pa it usually takes alot to piss you off this guy must be a serious ahole.im glad ya didnt hit him even thou he well deserved it.hows your chest? are any marks?you can always get the gentleman with assault.but with work place violence this guy must already have had problems theyll probally look at that and how many times he's been late to work.i think you'll be fine and will come out on top.

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    gap1916 reminded me. When I get a really bad tailgater, I lightly push in on the brake with my left foot (brake light goes on way before the brakes) and use gas with the right. They will back off immediately and then after realizing that you are not slowing down, catch right up to you again. This is when you actually slam in on the brake and scare the **** out of them. Could of had many new trucks doing this, but have never let anyone actually hit me. After they come close they tend to stay away.

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
  • powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    Well, it is annoying. If you can don't sink to his level. No matter how satisfying it would be.

fa4d9fb5.jpg

When you wrestle a 'gator, there ain't no good end!!

"Molon Labe!" Spartan General-King Leonidas
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pa calm down it is over. If he does it again BEAT THE SNOT OUT OF HIM.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    I was gonna call ya a trouble maker...[;)]
    but ducky already called ya a twit! [:0]

QUOTE:
    "Show them that it's a pattern with this other twit." [:D]
  • bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pa: dont take the first swing.

If it comes down to who will be let go, generally it is the first one who started the fight with a swing, shove, etc.

I know that its hard to keep from decking someone, but keep a cool head and walk away and report it.

Witnesses are good for these alterctions.

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by roboman
    Next time you go to work, go 15 under the speed limit. When he tries to pass you, gun it.

Robo,

I know your young, and we all would like to do exactly as you suggest, but just a word of warning. Judges love to get the one they think provoked an incident, and Murphy's law would mean that the real victim (Pa') would be the one to get in trouble. I think he handled it best. Face to face so there's no misunderstanding![;)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is documented that he has had altercations with others, itll most likely go your way.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Pa,

Be careful, a nut like that might be carrying a knife, maybe even one you helped to make, hahahahahaha [:)][:)][:)]

njretcop@copmail.com

vic.jpg

Charlie
  • goldslammergoldslammer Member Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you should just beat the living chit out of him. A good * whoopin might do him some good. [;)]
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:p][:p]Show em the 44 mag.. [:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,302 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The more you stir fooey the worse it stinks. I would contact the local police and tell them he was tailgating me for no reason in case something did happen, you already have a report in. Also try to steer clear of him as much as possible because he is probably eat up with problems and soon he will be somebody elses problem or gone. For your sake and your families sake try everything first before something stupid might happen.
  • borderguyborderguy Member Posts: 387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like using the Parking Brake for rapid decelaration.

That way there's no brake lights to warn the tailgator.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got into it with a kid here at work and he kept running his mouth until I chased him out of the compond to his car and he got away. The boss man asked what I would have done if I caught him and I said I did'nt know. It was stupid to let him get to me but I know it happens. I try to just walk away from those situations if I can. Don

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After reconsidering this BE CAREFUL. The guy may be gay and he is chasing you. By now your blood pressure must be really getting off the meter. Maybe he just wants to be friends with you and go to a football game and have a tailgating party. Or go shooting with you.
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1/2" steel ball bearings, I always keep a few in my pocket when i'm on the bike. I guess some old muzzle loader balls would do the same.

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
    IMG_8700.jpg
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pa, RUGERGUNZ & punchie hit the X-ring document, document, document . . . then file a complaint with the LEOs. They'll nail him and your hands will be clean. Don't throw stuff out the window, don't confront. Dips like this hang themselves; not worth a quarter bucket of cold spit.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    The lead in a pencil when pressed to a piece of paper at the time(note times in particular as in 6:12AM, 2/26/04)are more accurate than most any mind on recall!
    A good wad of Levi Garrett or a spit or gag mouthful of SKOAL tends to mess up a windsheild when launched from the drivers side window at 50mph.
    Where does he hang out after work....not on company property? Call njretcop and ask him to send Guido and Vinnie over for a consult!
    If that doesn't work, does he hunt and where? Hunting accidents happen!!! GHD
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by groundhog devastation
    The lead in a pencil when pressed to a piece of paper at the time(note times in particular as in 6:12AM, 2/26/04)are more accurate than most any mind on recall!
    A good wad of Levi Garrett or a spit or gag mouthful of SKOAL tends to mess up a windsheild when launched from the drivers side window at 50mph.
    Where does he hang out after work....not on company property? Call njretcop and ask him to send Guido and Vinnie over for a consult!
    If that doesn't work, does he hunt and where? Hunting accidents happen!!! GHD

Hers's one better. Go to the drug store and get some old fashioned water glass, the stuff grandma used to preserve eggs. Mix it with windex. When the alcohol evaporates all it does is smear.

Pa, when you come up for the show, I'll give you a copy of my resume'. Maybe there will be a job opening there soon.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    My favorite thing to do when being tailgated. Just let off the gas, don't hit the brakes. Just gradually slow down to a crawl. I once had a guy follow me from 65 mph to 10-15 mph. Then all of the sudden it hit him he was going way too slow. When he gunned it and passed me, just smile and wave. You know, he actually waved back, kinda a lazy wave though, only used one finger.[V][:0]

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Just have ma ride with you and when he get's behind you really close again have ma chuck out those 16" cinder blocks that you were going to return to home depot after work.

aliens.jpg
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Some will disagree whith what I would do but I would lock brakes on my vehicle up and let the piece of trash rear end me as hard as he can. Do not get out but call the police and EMS all the time complaining about back pain. Let his insurance company buy you a new veicle, pay you for pain and suffering, pay all missed wages, and swear up and down you locked up to keep from hitting a dog that ran across in front of you. Here in KY if you are rear ended, it is automaticly the fault of the person who hits you in the rear unless you are drunk then no matter what it is your fault! Is PA the same as to rearending? Hope it works out for you.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    Rita Mae Brown
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    You need to befriend this carny.Take him out to dinner.Buy him a corndog,some onion rings,and a big ole lemonade and for desert get him a bag of cotton candy. Spend some quality time with him after dinner.You can talk and get to know each other over a couple 40 ouncers and a pack of Camels(non filter)He`ll be your best friend for life.
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My only ?? is when he pushed the door into you why didn't you just drop him in his tracks? Seems like a reasonable solution to me.
    [:(!][:(!]barto

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.-JFK
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I'd find out where he lives, go straight to his house and settle it once and for all. In and out quick, nobody sees you there, the cops won't even bother coming to ask you questions, they'll just figure it's over and be on their way.
    I reread my message and it sounds a little like a hit. Oh no that's not what I'm talking about! Just pound a few thinking knots on his head and all will be good. [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    1) Video cam in the back window for a couple of weeks.
    2) Leave for work 15 minutes earlier
    3) Us a different route at the point he generally intercepts you (if possible)

Some of the thing suggested will fall under the category of road rage if this thing got legal and would not help your case. Document, document, document then get a restraining order.
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pa,

I know what you would like to do, but try and not be confrontational with him. It's easy for me to say, but I would not have gone to his truck and voiced my displeasure with his lack of ability to drive correctly. Always remember that Road Rage is frowned on in most traffic courts. You got upset at him, and your actions can quickly become questionable.

I have known some people who if they were on company property when he opened his door and struck them would have quickly fallen to the ground, and filed a workman's compensation claim. Then the company would be forced to take action against him, or fear being held liable if it ever came to court. Especially if he had a prior history of doings things like this.

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,858 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    soopershot....[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!